WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The day finally came

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I had to put down Cash yesterday after a 6 month battle with cancer. He was diagnose at the beginning of Feb and was given "a few weeks to a couple months at most" he made it 6 months, 5 of which he was really good. The last month he slowed down as far as his activity level but was still in good spirits, ate and drank like normal. The last 2 weeks he really slowed down and one his runs would just walk still ate most everything was able to make it up and down the stairs. I had an apt last Thursday and the vet came to the house and he was good went for a walk jumped in and out of my truck to go for a ride and ate. We decided that it was not time yet. Well this weekend he really slowed down and wasn't eating his food but still drank water and would go for his walk. What he did eat was one of Joel's steaks like a warm knife through butter. I called on Sunday and made the appt for yesterday at 9 am. The vet was great came to our home and took care of everything and made an incredibly painful process as good as it could be. I hope no on is in my shoes but if you find yourself in this position I highly recommend http://www.homepeteuthanasia.com/. Cash had a bit of a rough night Sunday. I slept on the floor with him trying to make the night as easy on both of us as it could have been. The morning came and he wouldn't eat even Joel's meat. He did eat a bit of beef jerky and drank a ton of water. I took him on a short walk maybe a couple of hundred yards and he tried several times to poop and just a small amount would come out and it was jet black. I knew he had an internal bleed somewhere I got him back to the house and he laid down. He did get up to meet the vet at our gate but right back inside. I knew it was time but that did not make it any easier. He was 6 years and 8 months. My female Daisy was with him the whole time. When it was over she sat next to him and would not leave. I carried him to the vet's car and laid him in the back. I took Daisy out to say good bye and she jumped in back sat down and did not want to get out. Last night she went over to his bed and smelled it and this morning she smelled his bowl but did not eat so I brought her to work with me and probably will for the rest of the week. Here are some random shots of Cash. Cash was the first dog I ever had on my own. He loved the river more than anyplace on earth, I know he is without pain and running free now but it will never be the same out there for me without him. Until we meet again my friend.

Cash 1st Day.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg Cash & Daisy.jpg

Reaction score
I'm sorry again John. I've got my ole boy who's getting up there and I don't even want to think about what your going through.

SHEP

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear this Lynch, my deepest condolences. That was really rough to read as a dog owner so I can't imagine how hard it was to live it. Seems you didn't the right thing as hard as that was.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I did this way too recently myself, my thoughts are with you and your family. Believe it or not, knowing you did the right thing will eventually set in, it helped with my guilt and with the loss, it still hurts and every thread like this puts tears in my eyes, but it gets better. I am glad you are showing your other one the attention she needs right now. I had lost pets before in life, but nothing was even close to how this one felt, take care and know you did what was right.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that....looks like you did everything you could and did it when the time is right. Hang in there

JuevosRancheros

Reaction score
I know the feeling. Girlfriend just put down her 11 year old boxer, Lola, a couple weeks back. Her 12 year old male, Cash, was put down a few years ago. Miss those mutts, but it was the right thing to do. Sorry for your loss.

mobldj

Reaction score
if your a dog person , its not just a dog.i put down my 3 year old pit bull 2 months ago.i cry everyday for him.i know your pain.

I realized the other day why I cry.he didn't take a piece of my heart with him,he took a piece of my soul......

im truly sorry for your loss.

here is my one eyed willie I lost.

IMG_9591.jpg

waterhorse

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Dogs are family.
I have a GSP that turned 16 last month, getting real slow but he's still hangin' in there.

jscarab

Master Blaster
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss....I'm still not over losing my daisy mae(11 years).....[emoji26] ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469568581.820019.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469568602.044468.jpg

PaPaG

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, this is one of the hardest things we have to go through with our beloved friends.

Demoman

Reaction score
These are the tough times for sure. He will be waiting for you and damn he is going to be excited!!!

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1469625124471.jpg I'm so sorry john. Your pup went through the same thing as mine did. Just know that your pup is waiting for you. This post on fb was sent to me when I had to put my sandi down... just know that there is no more pain in those eyes.

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Damn, sorry to read this, will be thinking about you guys. My Daisy Duke has had a few issues lately, just enjoying every minute she's here until that day comes.

-Zack

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Definitely made my eyes water up reading about your loss. I so sorry you had to go this this. I however love reading about people who truly love and loved their pets. Made them part of the family and took care of them the way they deserve to be taken care of.