WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I feel so bad for these guys that Tim screwed

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
It sucks so bad. The guy with the ad wants to work something out, but the dude that bought it has already paid the whole deal for it, so he won't want to do anything but keep "his" new boat, until the law really figures out which side of the fence Tim fucked in contract terms, and one person will be out either a boat or all the money, while this jack off just goes around doing it again in a different state I presume. I am honestly surprised he is still walking around, a lot of people who can afford the high cost of this hobby and some of the premium hardware he has sold/stolen, are the kinds that can and do something about these situations. This dude has got to be on borrowed time.

Spot

Reaction score
Sadly, there are two victims in these cases. The new owner(s) and old owner.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I have never done it but I believe you can go in to DMV and pay a small fee ($10-20) and do a owner search for license plate owners. I do not see why boats would be any different.

Could be wrong though.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
That is so sad. Especially if the guy is still making payments on it to keep his credit in tact. My heart goes out them and their families.

Like Games said, how is this guy still alive and walking around??

Motor Boater

Reaction score
These are the kind of people that need go fund me pages.

On the other hand I would never ever ever ever give up the title and my boat without having the money. I told the last guy that bought my boat it wasn't moving an inch until the funds cleared my account. I know everybody makes mistakes but at minimum if the new owner had the boat and the old owner still had the title he would at least have a leg to stand on.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
theres a lot of them still twisting in the wind..

http://mohave.craigslist.org/boa/5702353770.html

Being completely serious for once, the one positive is think of all the people you and your forum helped from getting screwed, another couple of weeks and there would be another few hundred k missing. MusicToMyEars for one, Danny's boat got out safe, another guy got his check I think, let alone all the potential victims that could have happened if the dice kept rolling. I will always be blown away by what a true sociopath is capable of, and not feel any consequences from. :grumble:

Joker

Reaction score
These are the kind of people that need go fund me pages.

On the other hand I would never ever ever ever give up the title and my boat without having the money. I told the last guy that bought my boat it wasn't moving an inch until the funds cleared my account. I know everybody makes mistakes but at minimum if the new owner had the boat and the old owner still had the title he would at least have a leg to stand on.

Which is why I went with Maxed Out for selling and buying. There were absolutely no hiccups in either transaction. Jen is on top of every bit of paperwork.👍

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If it's calif registered it'll be on the property tax rolls.
The "Parcel number" will be the CF number.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I have never done it but I believe you can go in to DMV and pay a small fee ($10-20) and do a owner search for license plate owners. I do not see why boats would be any different.

Could be wrong though.
Privacy laws prevent that in Ca. Not sure what other states are like.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
"trying to locate perspn who bought my boat to try and work out adeal."

I feel like a dick but I LOL'd when I read that.

I don't know what kind of "deal" he has in mind, but contacting the new owner will only result in a no-win confrontation.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Is there a PI on RDP?

How hard could it be to track down that asshat? That is what the gofundme account should be set up for. Keep ruining any supposed business ventures he tries to set up.....

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
You should've slapped him earlier than you did, RD lol

Didn't he just skip out on some bar & dock tab he had in Oregon just recently too?

He has definitely fucked over the wrong person along this journey. It's just a matter of time before their paths cross and when it does it's going to be ugly for Tim and his wife I'm sure. That is going to be a thread that will have us laughing our asses off.

Joker

Reaction score

I don't know what kind of "deal" he has in mind, but contacting the new owner will only result in a no-win confrontation.

I agree. It won't settle anything except for the fact he can see his boat that he wasn't paid for.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Didn't he just skip out on some bar & dock tab he had in Oregon just recently too?

He has definitely fucked over the wrong person along this journey. It's just a matter of time before their paths cross and when it does it's going to be ugly for Tim and his wife I'm sure. That is going to be a thread that will have us laughing our asses off.

Didn't she divorce him

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
That is so sad. Especially if the guy is still making payments on it to keep his credit in tact.

I would think that could be a blessing in disguise for the seller. The finance company is not going to release title to the new buyer, if Tim didn't pay off the note. If so, the seller could gain support from the finance company to get his boat back. Now the guy who gave Tim a check is screwed.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
That Tim is such a piece of shit. To swindle so many people like that :thumbsdown

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Didn't she divorce him

I thought that was her own smoke & mirrors tactic she learned from Tim to get herself off the hook and get out of Havasu alive.

Birds of a feather flock together...

Joker

Reaction score
I would think that could be a blessing in disguise for the seller. The finance company is not going to release title to the new buyer, if Tim didn't pay off the note. If so, the seller could gain support from the finance company to get his boat back. Now the guy who gave Tim a check is screwed.

Interesting, but he must have received the title to register it, or maybe he hasn't registered it as he's waiting for title? Hard to say what really happened. Either way as you say, someone is screwed.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
my only hope is that some one finds him and gets their money back, or other form of payment... *wink*

Joker

Reaction score
my only hope is that some one finds him and gets their money back, or other form of payment... *wink*

Never going to happen. Most of these guys have families and aren't going to do something stupid, although they may want to. This is a hard lesson.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
If the original owner was making payments, then he wouldn't have a title to give to Tim...

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Never going to happen. Most of these guys have families and aren't going to do something stupid, although they may want to. This is a hard lesson.

you would be amazed at what some one can do when pushed. if they are like me and are on short time anyways, it can push you too do things you normally would not do.

ps knowing lots of HAs as well is also kind of a thing for me...

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score

Yep. I wouldn't ruin my own life over what looks to be a $25k boat.

Could it be insurance claimed as stolen?

Joker

Reaction score
Yep. I wouldn't ruin my own life over what looks to be a $25k boat.

Could it be insurance claimed as stolen?

That's definitely an avenue as it was basically stolen.[emoji106]

Joker

Reaction score
you would be amazed at what some one can do when pushed. if they are like me and are on short time anyways, it can push you too do things you normally would not do.

ps knowing lots of HAs as well is also kind of a thing for me...

Most of us aren't hanging out with HA's and most of us aren't going to leave our families over a mistake. This is no different than getting screwed over in business by a GC. I took a 100k hit and never thought of killing someone. I picked up my shorts and moved on.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
i have about 400k in leins that i know will never be paid, never thought about killing some one, but you never know.

if they deal cost me my home, it might change things for me.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Most of us aren't hanging out with HA's and most of us aren't going to leave our families over a mistake. This is no different than getting screwed over in business by a GC. I took a 100k hit and never thought of killing someone. I picked up my shorts and moved on.

I'm half kidding when I say someone is going to payback Tim's karma but honestly this is the type of shit you hear about on the news.

I'm sure there is list of big dollar boats that Tim has swindled and have really fucked some people who are hurting for that money.

I agree with you but I also never say never.

Joker

Reaction score
I'm half kidding when I say someone is going to payback Tim's karma but honestly this is the type of shit you hear about on the news.

I'm sure there is list of big dollar boats that Tim has swindled and have really fucked some people who are hurting for that money.

I agree with you but I also never say never.

You just don't know where someone's boiling point is. It truly sucks he's still roaming freely. I was just expressing my current thoughts. Things change in an instant.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
I'd be livid ... but what can you do?

I shouldn't go do something to the guy that would land me in the pen. What good would being locked up do for my family??

Tough question for sure.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
No need to injure the guy. What goes around comes around. He wanted to dance with the devil, so let the devil ruin his life. :thumbsup

Joker

Reaction score
I'd be livid ... but what can you do?

I shouldn't go do something to the guy that would land me in pen. What good would being locked up do for my family??

Tough question for sure.

Andrew and I were talking about the same thing after your bike ride last year at Aloha on a different topic. It sounds great, but is it worth it.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Andrew and I were talking about the same thing after your bike ride last year at Aloha on a different topic. It sounds great, but is it worth it.
At the moment, yeah I could see it as being avenged. But afterwards, not really.

Years ago, hell yeah ... rough his ass up. I've got too much to lose now. That, or maybe I'm just old. Lol.

Motor Boater

Reaction score

I honestly bet he has no intention of making a deal but he needs to know who they are to sue for the boat, so they will sue Tim and then the courts will be involved and give him some chance of getting his boat back.

Cray Paper

Reaction score

I saw this same shit happen to people back in the early 90's, the "right person" never caught up to the POS that stole their money or boats. Health issues finally caught up to him. Sucks, but most people wont go as far as you think they will to exact revenge for being totally taken advantage of. Several of the people that this guy hosed slinked off and licked their wounds, paying on boats they never got or boats they signed over and were sold.

Na?ve people get caught up in the smooth talking type A with the big shiny shop, nice vehicles, has a solid grip on how finances and manufacturing things work, makes them feel special and offers to bend over backwards for them. THOSE are the people that should raise eyebrows, not the guy trying to slug out a living and is defensive about following the rules, protocols, procedures, pricing etc.

I witnessed the same guy as this Tim guy in action and was shocked by how people placed their trust in him. From what I gathered after he got popped in 92, he had done this same shit 3 times in less than 20 years.

Some posters on this site have boats made by the shop he weaseled his way in to owning in the 70's.

Karma isn't all way's a bitch to low life scum like this. They find a way to wiggle out or find another fresh fishing ground to live the stolen lifestyle.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I feel really bad for this guy, but reaching out to find his boat isn't going to go well for him. Some one paid good money for it and wont be receptive of cutting him a deal to return it.

ShockwaveBobSquarePants

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is a civil matter between the original owner and the shop. The authorities could choose to turn it into a criminal action against the shop, but that's up to the prosecutors in that particular jurisdiction. The boat was turned over freely to the shop with what I'm assuming to be clear title. The boat was not stolen. Reporting the boat stolen now would be a crime. Consignment sales are covered by the UCC. Again, I'm assuming the original owner has a contract with the shop that sold the boat for him. That's the breach and the cause for civil action. Unfortunately, this is a life lesson about how you don't turn over your property with a signed title without being compensated. Almost all legitimate consignment shop only require that you trade the title for payment. This guy saw him coming from the front and the back.

C-2

Reaction score
Na?ve people get caught up in the smooth talking type A with the big shiny shop, nice vehicles, has a solid grip on how finances and manufacturing things work, makes them feel special and offers to bend over backwards for them. THOSE are the people that should raise eyebrows, not the guy trying to slug out a living and is defensive about following the rules, protocols, procedures, pricing etc.

Great post. There's a reason guys like him make it and it's not because you don't like him, or more importantly, don't trust him...because you do. Otherwise, he wouldn't have a profession. Some people have that gift and use it for all the wrong reasons.

C-2

Reaction score
Consignment sales are covered by the UCC. Again, I'm assuming the original owner has a contract with the shop that sold the boat for him. That's the breach and the cause for civil action.

And when the collateral goes missing, the finance company will sue the owner with the collateral in absentia. Seen finance companies do that when people try to hide their boats and mistakenly believe there's nothing the bank can do without the boat.

AZ is different like that I believe? CA lenders hold title until the loan is paid, AZ relies on a security filing (UCC) and releases title.

Maybe that answers Pron's question.

C-2

Reaction score
If it's calif registered it'll be on the property tax rolls.
The "Parcel number" will be the CF number.

I used to rely on that trick too! :thumbsup

But, I think they changed it now to conceal all identifying information.

Cali has pretty much become a closed records state.

DMV still has the ownership history search, but I think all you end up with is names.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Great post. There's a reason guys like him make it and it's not because you don't like him, or more importantly, don't trust him...because you do. Otherwise, he wouldn't have a profession. Some people have that gift and use it for all the wrong reasons.

For people that haven't seen some one like this action it is hard to fathom, but they are out there. I watched it happen from a close distance and it was hard to believe. I got burned by it also, but not nearly as bad as some. These are the same people that make up career politician's, the guy I am talking about came from a family with a political background in SO Cal, his dad was a mayor. It made a lot of sense later.