WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ideas to get a guy that's in the hospital.

Vegaskeith

Reaction score
Have a friend that was admitted to the hospital today. He'll be there for a couple days until he recovers. What are some things that you wish you had while admitted in the hospital? Was thinking some snacks, gum, magazines? Not smokes, or hookers! [emoji23]

Joker

Reaction score
Have a friend that was admitted to the hospital today. He'll be there for a couple days until he recovers. What are some things that you wish you had while admitted in the hospital? Was thinking some snacks, gum, magazines? Not smokes, or hookers! [emoji23]

Not sure what he's there for but there may be a limit on types of food, etc. If you have an iPad he could use to occupy the time, that would keep him busy with a variety of things. Crosswords are also something to make time pass.

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
All I'd want is IN N OUT.... assuming he can have that

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
These "operation" game pajamas would be cool LOL

IMG_6307.JPG

Yellowboat

Reaction score
from my many trips, a cheap extention cord with several plugs on it you can plug in your charger and actually have your phone/ tablet in your hand.

some one to talk to is also awesome,( assuming he is up too it) when I was in for the transplant, the feeling of nothing to do, no one to talk too( at 1st every one is cold as they are not sure your going to make it) is just as bad if not worse then the treatments.

Vegaskeith

Reaction score
from my many trips, a cheap extention cord with several plugs on it you can plug in your charger and actually have your phone/ tablet in your hand.

some one to talk to is also awesome,( assuming he is up too it) when I was in for the transplant, the feeling of nothing to do, no one to talk too( at 1st every one is cold as they are not sure your going to make it) is just as bad if not worse then the treatments.

Cord and power strip is a great idea! He has had headaches the last couple weeks and has a blood clot between his brain and skull.

Joker

Reaction score
Cord and power strip is a great idea! He has had headaches the last couple weeks and has a blood clot between his brain and skull.

Going to say a prayer for your friend. I'm praying he got in there early enough.

Yellowboat

Reaction score

i hope every thing works out.

Food/ drinks is out then. lots of common foods can react to the meds he is on.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
His favorite gum, jerky, a few of the latest mags for whatever he is into, laptop/tablet and charger.

More important to just be there when you can, it's lonely and hospitals suck.

If he is a reader, give him something you've always thought everyone should read. Nothing but time going by in there, a good book makes the hours fly.:thumbsup

Joker

Reaction score
His favorite gum, jerky, a few of the latest mags for whatever he is into, laptop/tablet and charger.

More important to just be there when you can, it's lonely and hospitals suck.

If he is a reader, give him something you've always thought everyone should read. Nothing but time going by in there, a good book makes the hours fly.:thumbsup

No device beats companionship.[emoji106]

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
A case of bottled water so he doesn't have to ring the nurse every time he's thirsty.

Toiletries. Hospitals give generic crap.

Snacks. Hospital food sucks.

Extra long phone charger or ext cord.