WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Beware docks at nautical

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Saw this little underwater gem at the docks at nautical yesterday. This is in the second slip on the south side of dock closest to the cove uploadfromtaptalk1469590475601.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1469590485256.jpg

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Those docks are so trashed. If I didn't get a cove spot I would just use their ramp and pull out everyday rather than tie up there.

The docks AND the naked turtle are pretty hammered. Not to mention the rooms that haven't been remodeled yet.

They built a nice pool, why can't they finish remodeling the rest of the rooms and put a couple bucks into the docks and the turtle bar? They are selling $19 quesadillas....put some of that cash back into the place!

They are one of the few waterfront hotels with a cove and ramp, maybe they feel like they don't need to upgrade cause where else do you go and get all of those in one spot....

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
The docks AND the naked turtle are pretty hammered. Not to mention the rooms that haven't been remodeled yet.

They built a nice pool, why can't they finish remodeling the rest of the rooms and put a couple bucks into the docks and the turtle bar? They are selling $19 quesadillas....put some of that cash back into the place!

They are one of the few waterfront hotels with a cove and ramp, maybe they feel like they don't need to upgrade cause where else do you go and get all of those in one spot....
Who knows. I am sure my cove suite for the Regatta will be a piece of crap, but for the steeply discounted rate we get, I can live with it.

One of the things I do like about the Nautical is the free bags of ice. Everything else there is meh, including the food at the Turtle.

That place really could be the premier destination on Havasu if someone would just get it together and maximize it's potential.

Singleton

Reaction score

New owners came in 3-4 years ago. They have a great master plan, but for some reason are too cheap to execute on it. I own a time share with First Cabin Club and the new owners of the Nautical tried changing our agreement and we almost went to court over it.
IMO, new owners are cheap and don't care as long as they are making money and the pool is making them money.

hallett21

Reaction score
New owners came in 3-4 years ago. They have a great master plan, but for some reason are too cheap to execute on it. I own a time share with First Cabin Club and the new owners of the Nautical tried changing our agreement and we almost went to court over it.
IMO, new owners are cheap and don't care as long as they are making money and the pool is making them money.

Still waiting on the VIP launch service new ramp and onsite boat storage lol. What else was promised that I'm missing?

prosthogod

Reaction score

Until they can't sell rooms and $19 quesadillas, why would they put money in it. Take the cash. It's a good business model. The dirt alone is worth so much money.

sirbob

Reaction score
We used to always stay on the cove side but my wife got tired with the old rooms - the beach side rooms have been redone and have been very nice the last year or two. We only stay in those buildings now - my wife won't go back to the lower cove rooms we always used to stay in.