WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I just spent 6 days

oldschool

Reaction score
as a juror and it reconfirmed my theory that the system sucks ass. This was a criminal trial and 1 complete moron( fellow juror) almost set a really bad guy free or at least delayed the obvious. Got to be a better way, perhaps professional jurors.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Welcome to the Judicial Circus:headscratch:

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I was on Jury notice last week of July but they didn't need anyone. Always wanted to set on a jury for some big trial with a lot of drama.

Rotten deal

Reaction score
Everyone tells me I'm crazy for (thinking) my jury notices keep getting lost in the mail. Can't jail me beyond a reasonable doubt. If they want me so bad as a juror they will need to send certified mail or have me served .

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
as a juror and it reconfirmed my theory that the system sucks ass. This was a criminal trial and 1 complete moron( fellow juror) almost set a really bad guy free or at least delayed the obvious. Got to be a better way, perhaps professional jurors.

So did the bad guy go free?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thank you for making things right!

A friend of mine lost a clear cut case in her favor, cause the jury were All idiots!

Not enough people with brains show up. I don't understand why they don't use more older retired people! The system really is a mess.

bocco

Reaction score
Serving on jury duty scared the hell out of me. It all stinks from the judge to the jury. We had both kinds of lawyers involved, sleazy and incompetent.

oldschool

Reaction score
So did the bad guy go free?

NO. Guilty on 2 counts of 2nd degree robbery and 2 counts of armed assault with a bunch of special circumstance charges and gang enhancement charges. So enough to put a repeat felon away for a long time, but he was guilty on all counts. There were 9 of each.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Funny thing is when I was busy working I got called probably twice a year. I haven't worked a day in 8 years and they haven't called on me once.:headscratch:

oldschool

Reaction score
Thank you for making things right!

A friend of mine lost a clear cut case in her favor, cause the jury were All idiots!

Not enough people with brains show up. I don't understand why they don't use more older retired people! The system really is a mess.

Thanks. It was the last thing I "wanted to do" or "had the time" to do, but I wasn't going to lie or weasel my way out. I honestly never thought the defense would keep me( retired LEO family members/multiple friends in local law enforcement). I was the 1 Caucasian male on the jury. The truth is, you have no idea what you have jury wise until you start deliberations. I almost fell out of my chair when I heard some of the stupidity.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
NO. Guilty on 2 counts of 2nd degree robbery and 2 counts of armed assault with a bunch of special circumstance charges and gang enhancement charges. So enough to put a repeat felon away for a long time, but he was guilty on all counts. There were 9 of each.

Good, so the system worked.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
and then we complain that the jurors are idiots..

It's not that I want to do jury duty, but I do go if I get a notice... Cause it's a round world/karma.... I hope someone like me... (12 of them) are on the jury should I need to be in the courtroom.

spectras only

Reaction score
Maybe an IQ test should include in the selection process, if it hasn't been done already? It may not be PC but more important to get the right people .;)

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score

Were you there when they did the active shooter drill last week?

Quicksilver

Reaction score
The last time I got a letter for jury duty was over ten years ago. Due to having several friends in law enforcement I got dismissed from both criminal trials and haven't gotten a letter since.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Grand Jury Duty in Mohave County Az, back in 2014 . 14 Thursdays in a row, spent learning about how Mohave Country Courts "take care of business" .

I learned a lot, and gained a greater respect for the people who participate by bringing 'the accused' to the system, and those who operate this 'efficient legal process' .

I quickly noted that 'the ages of the jury members defined their comprehension of the facts', and often the younger people could not separate 'fact from emotion', IF and when they asked questions .

After my time working with this group, I fully understand why smart defendants get lawyers who 'choose jury members wisely' . This group of 20 people could be split up into a few different 12 person juries with greatly differing results .

As far as O.J. goes, that was like a 1920's Black lynching, too much emotion, very little thought . (reversed) I was friends with one of the LAPD members involved in that mess, he has always been a 'straight arrow', (public and private lives) and for a lawyer to 'cast doubt' on this man's ethics is a crime in itself. This guy was even a FAN of O.J. before all this, but no longer .........

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
The thing that most of us Americans forget is that these selections are what makes America the greatest place on the earth.

No where else are you judged by a selection of your peers, chosen by both representing attorneys.

This is one of those things that you should do if you can.

A lot of us cannot take the time off, due to financial hardship it would cause, thank you folks that can accept and do! :thumbsup

fmo24

Reaction score
I have been seated on three trials. A murder, and 2 domestic violence cases. The murder case was totally fascinating to me. Two parts or basically two trials. One for the actual act and the second for not guilty by reason of insanity. Second part was bogus in my opinion just playing out their last card.
Got called last week but the entire room got excused at 10 as they had settled all the cases outside of a trial

zhandfull

Reaction score

Thank you for your service, for years when self employed I avoided jury duty. Now I would gladly do the service since my employer will pay, but more importantly it's the right thing to do.