WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

D

Sbarry

Reaction score
If a new BIG reasonably priced inside storage facility opened up around the 15/Ontario in Corona you think there would be a good market for it? There could also be outside storage provided.

It would come with all the fixin's like propane, dump, possibly electrical hookups, free ice, wash down area, etc. There would be a secure drop off/pickup area behind gates and have a robust security system in place. A staff member would be there 24/7/365

What else would you want in an inside storage area? On site mechanical type service? Detailing service? ????????????

What would you be willing to pay?

I had one inside storage in Brea that I drove it in/out of the assigned spot inside. They had a basic electrical hook up which I had a charger connected to for keeping batteries fresh. That cost me $700. monthly. I thought that was too high but they were full so I guess there was a perceived value.

How would you go about filling this storage place up? Free X Months with X length of contract? Pay in advance and get X% off? Marketing ideas???

That's the dream gig right there. The Victoria Storage in Rancho Cucamonga (at the 210 and 15 interchange) wants something like $450 per month for a 30' unit. There was no talk about discounts and pretty close to sold out.

Just pay a little overhead for electrical/ surveillance. And hire a manager to live onsite.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
If a new BIG reasonably priced inside storage facility opened up around the 15/Ontario in Corona you think there would be a good market for it? There could also be outside storage provided.

It would come with all the fixin's like propane, dump, possibly electrical hookups, free ice, wash down area, etc. There would be a secure drop off/pickup area behind gates and have a robust security system in place. A staff member would be there 24/7/365

What else would you want in an inside storage area? On site mechanical type service? Detailing service? ????????????

What would you be willing to pay?

I had one inside storage in Brea that I drove it in/out of the assigned spot inside. They had a basic electrical hook up which I had a charger connected to for keeping batteries fresh. That cost me $700. monthly. I thought that was too high but they were full so I guess there was a perceived value.

How would you go about filling this storage place up? Free X Months with X length of contract? Pay in advance and get X% off? Marketing ideas???

My mom keeps her stuff at premier storage (used to be in corona). They just moved to rancho and have no problem staying full with a waiting list.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
You buying a storage place so you can hook me up with a spot Tom?:D

How about that place over off of Temescal and Cajalco by The Crossings?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Checking out a place today. I have no idea if it makes financial sense to do yet. It does seem like "if you build it they will come" as far as inside storage goes.

purrfecttremor

Reaction score
I'm at Mcbrides in Chino undercover for a lot less money than your talking about. Unfortunately they don't provide electricity which is a huge problem. The amenities are many as they provide a dump station,really nice wash racks, unlimited ice, vacuums,air compressors and detailing companies available but I'm not sure how that works. Best of all they have a service center a few miles away and pick up your unit for service free of charge. They do everything except tires and seem to be very good. Rumor has it they are planning to provide power and that would make it the perfect storage facility. Mcbrides has security cameras everywhere and and I do feel secure there. I'm not sure what their capacity is but it appears to be at least a couple of hundred and always has a waiting list.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
How large of a property is it?
I have 6 acres commercial across from the Goodyear airport that I originally was going to use for another store.
I've wondered about changing gears and creating an RV/Boat storage facility but not fully enclosed, just under roof.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
I am renting an inside unit in Rancho and the rate is at $7.50/ft. Was Valet now you pull in and out on your own. fully secured facility with dump station, restrooms and water but no electrical for the individual spots.
I prefer the self serve to the Valet.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I have a friend that owns three facilities. Managed well they are cash cows. She calls them her "ATM"

I've been searching for one to buy. Good ones don't come to market very often. Theres some added risk to build/develope one.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
How large of a property is it?
I have 6 acres commercial across from the Goodyear airport that I originally was going to use for another store.
I've wondered about changing gears and creating an RV/Boat storage facility but not fully enclosed, just under roof.

Lets talk and see if we can do something Neil.....

Diversification is good.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I am renting an inside unit in Rancho and the rate is at $7.50/ft. Was Valet now you pull in and out on your own. fully secured facility with dump station, restrooms and water but no electrical for the individual spots.
I prefer the self serve to the Valet.

That sounds inexpensive per foot.

My Brea one inside without anything other than a basic electrical plug ran my $700. month. I think it was 60 feet. That's 11.66 per foot. These guys were always full and had overflow outside storage also.

I assume the valet service vs letting people park their own has some insurance ramifications. Don't know what they are though

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
No dump in this facility......Would be nice to have one for sure. Anybody know anything about adding one....costs, permits, etc?

Also no wash down without dealing with some crazy EPA issues and adding drains. Probably just have to offer up mobile detailing services.

Plenty of power, water, space, lights, fencing, cameras, restrooms and access door is wide/tall. Additional doors can be added easily. Would have to extend 20,30,50A service to where it makes sense. Conduits are already in place for this also so it won't break the bank adding them.

I am thinking at least a 5 year lease would have to be done with an optional re-up afterwards. Big, big step for sure.....No ownership

If you build this baseball field....will they come? That is the million dollar question :)