WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What's it worth?

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I'm a little confused on this one. I've got a 2008 Yukon Denali XL, 2nd row buckets, tan leather, AWD etc. It only has 67K miles on it and nada says it's worth $27,5000, KBB says $23,800. These trucks are very hard to find with low miles and I know they are pretty sought after since their have been so many issues with the new body style tahoes, escalades and Denali's. I love the truck and I'm honestly not sure if I want to sell it but I have an opportunity to get a great deal on another SUV so I'm weighing my options. Just curious to see what people think it's worth since their is such a gap on KBB and NADA and there just aren't a lot of comparables on Craigslist. Thanks.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
All you can do is price it high and see what happens, if it sells at 27k who gives a shit about other prices?

Rarity is an undecidable factor.

All you need is someone who really wants it. :thumbsup

DaBank

Reaction score
I just noticed that it is a AWD. I am sure it would be close to the KBB of $23.8k. only problem ......if you look at it that way is the low miles versus the year. With being a 2008 they are one with high miles for $10k to $15k, so it makes it a high dollar vehicle for a 2008. With that said if a guy that loves that shape and wants a super low mile one.......you have it!!

Motor Boater

Reaction score

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
As nice as it is, somebody would have to be searching for a low mile cream puff that matches your vehicle description to pay 27k for an 08. But with the cost of new stuff over 50k, ya never know. Seems like the soaring new truck prices have propped up the used market quite a bit

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
If it was a Duramax SUV it would be worth 50k ! The holy grail GM refuses to make for some reason. I'd buy one today

I'd dump my excursion instantly for one. I can't figure out why they won't make it. There is a place in Texas that does the conversions though

RodnJen

Reaction score
Do a search on Autotrader.com to see what comes up. You will likely find many more Escalades for sale than Denalis, essentially the same SUV. I found this when I was looking for mine. I searched all over for a clean 6.2 SUV and found that there were many more Cadillacs for sale for very close to the same price. This puts Denali owners at a bit of a disadvantage in terms of resale.

If it's been good to you, I'd consider keeping it if you are only getting offers in the low $20k range.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Maybe list it at $28,500 and see what happens. If it sells then great, if not, no big deal.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
There are outside factors that always come into play when trying to sell high value used cars. I see this quite often with some of the highly desirable used diesel trucks like the 7.3 fords and 5.9 dodges. One of the largest factors at play is that credit unions and top tier banks won't lend money on vehicles over 10 years old. So for someone to sell that cream puff 2002 7.3L ford crew cab 4x4 w/150k mile on it for 18 thousand dollars, you have to find someone who HAS 18 grand cash in their pocket for a 17 year year old truck with 150 thousand miles on it!!!! So you have a small group of people who are able and willing to buy it. Next, that "holy grail" 7.3L non DPF "this is the best diesel ever made" only is rated tow 12500lbs.... Finally, I think that most guys who have 18 grand in their pocket probably got it in there by being pretty smart with their money, so getting them to part with it for a 17 year old used vehicle that is depreciating every day is a tough sell. Of course there are lot of transactions like this everyday, so its not impossible.

So, why do I say all this non-sense about trucks when you are considering selling your SUV? My point is that you may want to consider selling it before its 10 model years old so that the pool of persons who wants a 27 thousand dollar used 8 year old SUV is as large as possible? My guess is that the type of person who is looking for value in a clean used SUV still may need to finance it. Just a thought, your mileage may vary!

You know what they say about a guy driving around in a 2012 Ferrari? ... "That guy hasn't made any real money since 2012"!

mbrown2

Reaction score
You know what they say about a guy driving around in a 2012 Ferrari? ... "That guy hasn't made any real money since 2012"!

Great post...good catch on selling it before 10 yrs or just keeping it....but this last gem never heard it but funnier than all hell.