WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mini Project at the house

Motor Boater

Reaction score
So I had an ugly arch over my fireplace where I would like my TV to be. I also wanted to have some speakers and other audio equipment wired and installed. First step, drink some cocktails and get out the saws!

IMG_0332.jpg
IMG_0333.jpg
IMG_0334.jpg
IMG_0343.jpg
IMG_0344.jpg
IMG_0349.jpg

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Next step... Have the electrician install an outlet and a couple LED cans.

IMG_0382.jpg
IMG_0383.jpg

Next I had the audio guys come out and wire everything from my laundry room to the back of my TV. All my components will be in laundry room and out of sight. I didn't get pics but we had holes everywhere in the drywall. They also install 8inch speakers in the ceiling for my rears.

IMG_5171.jpg
IMG_5170.jpg

Drywall guys came and made everything look good again. Hard to see but I also painted the gold trim on the fireplace an oil rubbed bronze color.

IMG_5153.jpg

Motor Boater

Reaction score
A little paint and the audio guys came to wire everything and install. I went with a Sonos soundbar and sub, then added a Sonos amp to power the rears.

IMG_5149.jpg
IMG_5152.jpg

Crap...now my TV looks too small up there but it will have to do for now. Im finishing painting all the trim tonight. Overall Im pretty happy with it but Im not too impressed with the Sonos soundbar. The rears they installed sound WAY better than the soundbar. Its not very bright sounding. Love the Sonos app though and its great to control it all from my phone.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Looks way better
....but yea, you need a bigger tv. :D

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
A little paint and the audio guys came to wire everything and install. I went with a Sonos soundbar and sub, then added a Sonos amp to power the rears.

View attachment 508222
View attachment 508223

Crap...now my TV looks too small up there but it will have to do for now. Im finishing painting all the trim tonight. Overall Im pretty happy with it but Im not too impressed with the Sonos soundbar. The rears they installed sound WAY better than the soundbar. Its not very bright sounding. Love the Sonos app though and its great to control it all from my phone.

Who did you use for audio wiring? I can hire someone or do it myself. Might get done faster if I hire someone [emoji12]

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Who did you use for audio wiring? I can hire someone or do it myself. Might get done faster if I hire someone [emoji12]

I used a local guy here in Phoenix. They actually run cat 6 and then use box at either end so u can plug in HDMI, coax or what ever into the box.

Hate to nitpick here but arent those cable plates suppose to be recessed?

They can go either way. Doesn't matter here because the TV covers it. There is a junction box under the plate also so it would be pretty tight the other way.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Looks great. But ya. You need a bigger tv. Lol