WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Deja_Vu's Retirement Oasis

outboardrick

Reaction score
Definitely! Thanks, I'm going to need it. :) Sure can be stressful sometimes. Waiting and wondering what's going on.
We are anxious to get out there and have a look for ourselves, but are waiting till they get the HVAC installed and electrical run then we will do a walkthrough prior to drywall.

Our superintendent at DBU said the guys pouring the rear patio needed a concrete pump so now they want to charge us $750 for that.
Wasn't in the contract...not sure if I should have to pay that. I have almost 12' of space adjacent to the RV garage for a truck or wheel barrows. :grumble:
They sure didn't call me to authorize anything.

Also Unisource wanted $2500 instead of the $1600 DBU budgeted to connect to the gas supply.

Its always something.

Possible suggestion about the rear patio..... If you're going to do a pool or any other entertainment area consider just doing Travertine and delete the concrete. That's what I did on my rear patio, had contracted for stamped concrete and then just deleted all the concrete and did Travertine instead. Was a very minimal cost upgrade over the concrete. Especially if they're trying to hit you with a pumping charge.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Possible suggestion about the rear patio..... If you're going to do a pool or any other entertainment area consider just doing Travertine and delete the concrete. That's what I did on my rear patio, had contracted for stamped concrete and then just deleted all the concrete and did Travertine instead. Was a very minimal cost upgrade over the concrete. Especially if they're trying to hit you with a pumping charge.

Well unfortunately the patio was already poured with colored concrete.
And we didn't hear anything about a pumping charge till it was already done.

outboardrick

Reaction score

Lol, sorry to hear. I got a few surprise bills also. Some of them for stuff I THOUGHT we had already agreed upon :thumbsdown

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

$750.00 seems a liitle high for a pumping charge for a patio. Did they use the pumper that they can tow behind a truck and use hoses. Or did they bring the big truck that extends out over the house.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
$750.00 seems a liitle high for a pumping charge for a patio. Did they use the pumper that they can tow behind a truck and use hoses. Or did they bring the big truck that extends out over the house.
Cant be a boom pump for that price and excessively high for a pump if it's pea gravel or even 3/4 rock. Seems like they nickle and dimed you for every little thing to pour. Setup, stand by, yardage poured, extra hose per foot over x amount, distance, fuel surcharge, clean out etc etc.

TCHB

Reaction score

Nice salt finish. No maintenance ever and looks good. We have died concrete heavy salt finish and love it. No slippery, no weeds in the cracks, and fairly cool.

House coming along.

Attachments

• IMG_2521.jpg
    IMG_2521.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 185

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score

I'm not sure how they did it. I wasn't there during the pour.
I was told that they didn't have enough room to get the concrete truck around the side to the back to pour the patio.

I haven't received the bill yet, so I'm not gonna ask any questions lol.

Nice salt finish. No maintenance ever and looks good. We have died concrete heavy salt finish and love it. No slippery, no weeds in the cracks, and fairly cool.

House coming along.

Thanks Tony! We really appreciate the pics you have taken for us.
It really helps to know what's going on, or not going on... whatever the case may be.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Roof trusses finally showed up last Friday. :champagne: Thanks Tony for the pics!

Things should really start moving along now. We are in the final selection phase for all the finishes.

truss_1.jpg

Truss2.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
The trusses have finally been installed.
Interior walls are now being framed to meet up with the trusses.

Truss1.jpg

Tech shield plywood has been put down on the roof. We are inching closer.

Frame5.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Never knew what a chore it would be to pick out Cabinets.

We worked with a local Cabinet shop and went through about 5 bids trying to get something affordable. (Under $20k)
Seems like they have no interest in itemizing anything so its difficult to try to find where the cost lies on everything.
We changed door styles to save some money and went with 36" uppers instead of the 42" they tried to sell us.
We reduced the wet bar down to 7' long to save some money too.

We then noticed Lowes had a big cabinet sale. So I called Havasu Lowes to get a layout started. Talked with a guy named John.
About a week later John finally got started on a layout. We sat down last weekend for 4 hours to finalize the layout and price out different options.
Then we wanted to purchase while there was a sale going on...but we couldn't :grumble: till we get a guy out to measure.
Well we are now waiting for a guy to come measure the house...but now the sale is over. What a total PIA

In the mean time my superintendent asks if we have ordered cabinets yet... I say No, are we supposed to? LOL

We barely have a house framed and I am getting pressure to get cabinets ordered... only if Lowes would have another sale :rolleyes

To be continued...

DC-88

Reaction score
Never knew what a chore it would be to pick out Cabinets.

We barely have a house framed and I am getting pressure to get cabinets ordered... only if Lowes would have another sale :rolleyes

To be continued...

First, finalize your exact Appliance list and get cut sheets for dimensions and gas/elec locations. Lay out the kitchen based upon these. Then provide a real cabinet shop who builds and pre-finishes their cabinets the appliance specs along with your countertop type(s),edge detail and the amount of overhang the wife wants the tops to have in relation to door/drawer front thicknesses and hardware. Pay a little more for real cabinets, 90% of the time the job will be smoother and get done faster if you go that route instead of modular stuff....try to always allow 48" clearance before top install to walk between any cabinet and anything else.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
First, finalize your exact Appliance list and get cut sheets for dimensions and gas/elec locations. Lay out the kitchen based upon these. Then provide a real cabinet shop who builds and pre-finishes their cabinets the appliance specs along with your countertop type(s),edge detail and the amount of overhang the wife wants the tops to have in relation to door/drawer front thicknesses and hardware. Pay a little more for real cabinets, 90% of the time the job will be smoother and get done faster if you go that route instead of modular stuff....try to always allow 48" clearance before top install to walk between any cabinet and anything else.

Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup
We met with the cabinet maker Friday and we really liked his work. Local family business with sons working there also.
They were really easy going and made some great suggestions. Should get a bid this week.
I've downloaded the appliance specs and will get them over to him.

We requested 60" between the Kitchen cabinets and the kitchen island so we have plenty of party space.
Builder thought that was excessive but we insisted on it.

I will be really glad when this part is complete.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Windows have been installed. Doors are on order.

Windows_1.jpg

Plumbers are on site doing their magic.

Plumbing_1.jpg

DC-88

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup
We met with the cabinet maker Friday and we really liked his work. Local family business with sons working there also.
They were really easy going and made some great suggestions. Should get a bid this week.
I've downloaded the appliance specs and will get them over to him.

We requested 60" between the Kitchen cabinets and the kitchen island so we have plenty of party space.
Builder thought that was excessive but we insisted on it.

I will be really glad when this part is complete.
Right on! Work space at more than 48" to me depends on stuff like the amount of swing on the refer door(s)/ drawer (like a pair of 36" sub zeros compared to a little split 36" wide cheaper counter depth unit), what the dishwasher door or drawers open toward (like the island sink where someone may be working + drawers usually stick out less than a traditional 24" dishwasher door) etc. , microwave drawers in the island which are popular lately, warming drawers in relation to other stuff, etc. Another thing I've adjusted over the years is the knee space under the overhang of a flush (36" high" ) island or peninsula bar doesn't need to be huge (like 11-13" before top works fine), and that 45 degree angles on islands can lose too much cabinet and room space unless they are large and adjacent to a really big area.... looking good though:thumbsup

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We have decided to purchase our cabinets from Completion Plus Cabinets in Havasu.

A huge THANK YOU goes to Erik (82Daytona) for referring these guys to us. :thumbsup
They make their own cabinets in-house right in Havasu and do really nice work.
They returned my phone calls and sent us a bid when they said they would.

Here is a sneak peak of the finishes we are going with...except we won't be getting knotty alder.

White with glaze for the kitchen and master bath
Teak stain for the remainder of the main house.
We will also be installing White shaker style doors for the casita.

Cabinet1.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
A/C system has been recently installed and we are required to have an Electrical walk through on Friday to identify where every switch and plug will be located.
Apparently my builder doesn't pay any attention to the Electrical plan included in the drawing set. :rolleyes

We also put together a plumbing list for all of the fixtures.

Master Bath
? Toilet ? Vortens Forza ADA compliant Toilet Model#3140-3469
? Tub ? Aquatic Montrose I 36?x60? Air Bath with ORB Handles & Hardware
? Sinks ? (2) Miseno Model# MNO2114 White 20 -7/8?
? Sink faucets ? (2) Moen Brantford Arc Model# T66200 ORB
? Tub Faucet/Valve ? Moen Brantford Model# T2153EP ORB
? Shower ? Bostonian Rainfall Nozzle Shower system with wand ? ORB

Hall Bath
? Toilet ? Vortens White Elongated Forza model# 3137-3469
? Sink ? Miseno Model# MNO2114 White 20-7/8?
? Sink faucet ? Moen Brantford Arc Model# T66200 ORB
? Shower Trim/Valve ? Moen Brantford T2152EP ORB

Kitchen
? Sink ? Blanco Model # 440182 Silgranite 50/50 (FULL Height divider) Caf? Brown
? Faucet ? Moen Brantford Single Handle Pull Down Spray Touchless Model# 7185E ORB
? Pot Filler ? Delta Traditional Wall Mounted Pot Filler Venetian Bronze Model # 1177LF-RB

Wet Bar
? Sink- Blanco Diamond Granite 15 Inch ? Caf? Brown
? Faucet ? Moen Arbor Single Handle Pull down Spray Model# 5995 ORB

Casita
? Sink ? Blanco Model# 440172 24? Single Basin kitchen sink ? Caf? Brown
? Faucet ? Moen Arbor Single Handle Pull Down Spray Model# 5995 ORB

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
A/C system has been recently installed and we are required to have an Electrical walk through on Friday to identify where every switch and plug will be located.
Apparently my builder doesn't pay any attention to the Electrical plan included in the drawing set. :rolleyes

Master Bath

Hall Bath

Kitchen
? Sink ? Blanco Model # 440182 Silgranite 50/50 (FULL Height divider) Caf? Brown
? Faucet ? Moen Brantford Single Handle Pull Down Spray Touchless Model# 7185E ORB
? Pot Filler ? Delta Traditional Wall Mounted Pot Filler Venetian Bronze Model # 1177LF-RB

Wet Bar

Casita

I don't see whats wrong with a job walk prior to installing the j boxes. What looks right on the plan, may look different when the outlets are installed. There is a reason they do this. To avoid change orders and having to rip the electrical and drywall out later when you don't like something. Once you sign off on it, you own it.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
Looking good. Why is the roof not on yet? With monsoon season upon us that roof should be on immediately after the trusses are up. Just my 2 cents. Up here it goes slab, walls, trusses then roof.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score

Master Bath

Hall Bath

Kitchen

Wet Bar

Casita

You are in for a treat with the builders I have seen in AZ mainly Prescott. No attention to detail and absolutely no quality control. I work with a lot of these contractors and This is why I chose to do an owner build so i can be my own general and quality control. Make sure you constantly do your walk through and question them on everything. A lot of thes contractors don't know shit about building, they are just great salesman and rely on all there subs knowledge. I had no idea this industry was so shady and have actually thought about getting my generals license and building houses. I pay too much attention to detail and am too anal so I would probably go broke on the houses i would build. Lol!

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I don't see whats wrong with a job walk prior to installing the j boxes. What looks right on the plan, may look different when the outlets are installed. There is a reason they do this. To avoid change orders and having to rip the electrical and drywall out later when you don't like something. Once you sign off on it, you own it.

Yeah I was just annoyed that I spent hours meticulously scouring the plan to locate everything.
But I agree its a good thing. Rather be safe than sorry.
I'm also putting in conduit for a mini-spit for the garage A/C and conduit for future solar panels on the roof so I don't have to drill into the structure later.

We are also meeting with the low voltage sub for alarm and stereo wiring, telephone, cable etc.
We will sign off on everything prior to drywall. There wont be any changes after that.

Looking good. Why is the roof not on yet? With monsoon season upon us that roof should be on immediately after the trusses are up. Just my 2 cents. Up here it goes slab, walls, trusses then roof.

Good Question cause the roof tile has been piled up on the front yard for a month.
My guess is they were waiting for all the A/C and all the plumbing vents which are now in. Hoping to see paper up and tiles stacked this weekend.

You are in for a treat with the builders I have seen in AZ mainly Prescott. No attention to detail and absolutely no quality control. I work with a lot of these contractors and This is why I chose to do an owner build so i can be my own general and quality control. Make sure you constantly do your walk through and question them on everything. A lot of thes contractors don't know shit about building, they are just great salesman and rely on all there subs knowledge. I had no idea this industry was so shady and have actually thought about getting my generals license and building houses. I pay too much attention to detail and am too anal so I would probably go broke on the houses i would build. Lol!

I think I have surprised them with my attention to details up to this point. I try to always stay up to speed and take pictures often.
So far the only thing we didn't like was the rear patio... the concrete guys poured too much salt in one area and there is a really rough patch.

We met the framers, and according to my cabinet guy, they are the best in town.
The trusses were late and they accidently gave us vaulted ceilings instead of coffered in the master suite but we accepted that change.
The plumbers did great work too, we saw them last time out.
I just hope the A/C guy did a decent job with the system layout and install <fingers crossed>

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Well after spending quite a few weeks deliberating, shopping, and agonizing we decided to go with Granite countertops instead of Quartz.
We started out with SileStone, then switched over to LG Viatera then my wife fell in love with Cambria quartz, only to have the budget over rule.

So off to Arizona Tile my wife went with her Interior Designer friend and they picked out some granite slabs that were reasonably priced.
We put a deposit down and they are being freighted to Las Vegas. Then Erik (82daytona) can do his magic on the fab and install.

A Big Thanks to Erik for answering our constant barrage of questions and for obtaining pricing on all of these quartz options.
We certainly appreciate all of your help. :thumbsup

Kalahari Granite

Granite1.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We met with the electrician last Friday and spent 3.5 hours on a walk through pointing out every junction box, switch and plug.
That was kind of fun really...except I had to get up at 3am at my place to be there at 8am. :eek

We decided to upgrade to a 400 amp main panel to facilitate future expansion for the pool equipment/ cabana and also to prepare for solar power.
We will also have a 50amp RV power receptacle in the RV garage and another outside for visitors.
Seemed like a 200 amp might not be adequate later on so we decided to error on the side of abundance.

Now I have a question for you sparkys out there...

If I have a 30Amp 110V male connector on my RV and a 50Amp receptacle on the wall, can I just use a 50A male to 30A female adapter?

Something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Arcon-14368-Generator-Pigtail-18-Inch/dp/B004RCX2RU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1502136773&sr=8-4&keywords=50amp+to+110v+adapter

82daytona

Reaction score
Well after spending quite a few weeks deliberating, shopping, and agonizing we decided to go with Granite countertops instead of Quartz.
We started out with SileStone, then switched over to LG Viatera then my wife fell in love with Cambria quartz, only to have the budget over rule.

So off to Arizona Tile my wife went with her Interior Designer friend and they picked out some granite slabs that were reasonably priced.
We put a deposit down and they are being freighted to Las Vegas. Then Erik (82daytona) can do his magic on the fab and install.

A Big Thanks to Erik for answering our constant barrage of questions and for obtaining pricing on all of these quartz options.

Kalahari Granite

View attachment 579078

Glad I was able to help.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
My wife is a bath person. She wont own a home without one. Happy wife Happy Life right?
When looking at buying an existing home in Lake Havasu city with a bathtub in the Master bath, there were very few listings and most were in the upper end of pricing.
The bathtub along with a fireplace and RV garage are the primary reasons we decided to build a new home.

Our builder works with Aquatic products and we chose this Montrose I 36" x 60"Air bubble soaker tub.

The jetted tubs tend to leave water in the plumbing after use and you can get mold and mildew over time.
The air bubble tubs have heated air supply that go through a purge and dry cycle after each use.

Soaking-Tubs_Montrose-I1.jpg

http://aquaticbath.com/products/montrose-i-2/

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Spent some time over the weekend to find a Range Hood for the 36" cooktop.
We noticed last time out that the vent pipe was installed already for a microwave style hood vent...oops that's going to have to move up some.

ProLine makes some nice looking units.
We decided to order a wall mount with twin 600 CFM blowers and the cabinet maker will build a nice cabinet/hood around it.
This will be strictly used as an insert. We chose this unit because we liked the variable controls that recess when not in use.
Right now these are 50% off and free shipping!

EDIT:

To calculate how many CFM you need from your vent blower:

Add all the BTU outputs of each burner. For mine, the 6 burners total 90,000 BTU. Then divide that sum by 100. That answer gets you to 900 CFM.

Our vent will exit through the wall just above the blower. We will have just one 90 degree elbow.

For 600 CFM you are good with a 6" exit duct diameter.
For 900 CFM they recommend a 7" minimum exit duct diameter.
For 1200 CFM they recommend a 8" minimum.

We only have a 6" exit duct, so we will be loading the motors up a little when using settings 3 and 4 of the fan speed.

ProLine36_wallmount.JPG

http://www.prolinerangehoods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=32_46&products_id=537

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
The roof tiles have been stacked. :thumbsup

Should be getting ready to foam and stucco the exterior soon.

Roof_Stack.jpg

Kaotic

Reaction score

Kalahari Granite

View attachment 579078

This is the same granite I had installed on my wet bar in the new Havasu home, I added nickel faucets and trim around the back splash in the man cave, turned out really nice. Your new home is looking great!!

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
This is the same granite I had installed on my wet bar in the new Havasu home, I added nickel faucets and trim around the back splash in the man cave, turned out really nice. Your new home is looking great!!

Thank you, We are very happy with the choices we have made thus far. It is good looking granite.

I cant wait to get this house finished so I can start working on the front landscaping. Going to be fun.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We got some exterior paper and lath going up this week. Thanks Tony and Zig for the pics! :thumbup:

Next up- we will have insulation going in soon.
For the ceiling we have upgraded to R-50
Exterior walls R-21
Interior walls R-13

foam1.jpg

foam2.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We just had our 1 year anniversary of closing escrow on the property. So its been a year already.
Keep that in mind if you want to build. Its a long process if you start with dirt.

Meanwhile we live in our 5th wheel down by the pond in Temecula. It's a simple life lol.

July_RV_Site.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
The interior walls are insulated now. Thanks for stopping by Zig and shooting me some pics.
They should be putting up sheet rock as I am typing this.

insul_inside.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Finally got some sheet rock going up. Lots of it.

drywall1.jpg

drywall_Breck.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
On Friday 9/22 we spent about 3 hours at Expressions Lighting to look at light fixtures.
We worked with Barbara and she was really nice and helped us find something that matched our vision.
We were told that we should get an email the following Monday with an estimate.

Well a week went by so I called and asked if they have put together our estimate.
I was told no and that their estimate lady Carol was backed up.

EDIT: Finally Received the Estimate from Expressions lighting. I'm surprised that they have such reasonable prices.
I guess that is why it takes almost 3 weeks to get a bid. They are probably Havasu's #1 lighting dealer.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Drywall is complete pending city inspection.

Then we can tape and mud and get to the trowel texture!
Scratch coat will be going on the exterior soon then finally the stucco color.

Hoping we can get this train rolling a little quicker now....

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We ordered appliances from City Maytag one day before the Kitchenaid rebate expired. :thumbsup

Here is the appliance list we chose.

KGCU467VSS 36" 6 burner Commercial Gas Cooktop
kitchenaid-rangetop-gas.jpg

KOCE500ESS Combination Convection Wall Oven with Microwave.
frgcbkpxlrkv.jpg

KRFF507 Refridgerator
Standalone_1175X1290.jpg

KDTM404ESS Dishwasher with Dynamic Wash Arms and 3rd rack
KDTM404ESS-24.jpg
KDTM404ESS-158.jpg

KUBR204ESB Undercounter Beverage Fridge
Standalone_1175X1290.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Reviewed plans over the phone with the Dave at Completion Plus cabinets last week.
Our cabinet material (Alder) has already arrived and they were getting ready to start building!

We finalized our stucco, stone and trim colors.
We drove around town months ago and found a house that we really liked the color of the stucco.
Took a while, but the builder finally got the color determined by the stucco guy. (Saddleback)
They are using La Habra stucco and Boral ledge stone products.

We also finalized our interior paint colors. They are using Dunn Edwards paint.
We had to pay a $400 upgrade fee to use 2 different paint colors on the interior walls.
I figured that would be better than painting the bedrooms, bathrooms and casita a different color myself.

Our next trip out we will meet with Mike at Primo Tile and discuss the tile layout for all the bathrooms.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Well I'm happy to report that our interior walls were textured and painted over the weekend.

AND Completion Plus finished installing our cabinets today! :) They do super nice work!!!

KITCHEN
cabinets_kit.JPG

WET BAR
cabinets_Bar.JPG

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Primo tile is currently applying the stone veneer to the exterior. Its Grand Mesa country rubble.

The trim was also painted recently. Next up is stucco.

stone1.JPG

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Erik (82daytona) at Echelon Stone and Tile is working on our countertops! Thanks for the pic!
We purchased 4 slabs from AZ Tile in Murrieta, CA and shipped them to Las Vegas and Erik picked them up for us.
He was nice enough to store these slabs for us for a couple months. Thanks dude!

Granite_cut.JPG

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Well the bathtub has become the Achilles heel to this build. Wife wanted an Airbath drop in tub 36"x60".
We noticed on the plan early on that it was shown as a 32x60. We gave the builder the info for the tub we wanted.
I let the superintendent know that the tub wouldn't fit with the current plan and requested they reduce the size of the adjacent shower to make room.
Well he basically ignored my request and kept right on building what was on the plan. Doh!

We mentioned to the builder that the tub wouldn't fit when the framing went up. He explained how the could make it work.
Well drywall went up and then texture and paint and what do you know, its 59" inside measurement...Aye carumba!
The Super offered to move the wall...but I'm out of time...and I don't want to butcher up my new painted walls.
So my wife's sacred tub was out the window and she has to settle for an alcove tub that they can cut back the drywall and tile over the flange.

Luckily we found a Kohler model that is decent size (36x60). No Airbath, but at least it has a curved apron and looks good.
My builder picked up the tab for the tub overage (Allowance was $600) and he put $850 worth of stone on the back of the house for free.
So now we wait for the tub to come in. Tile guys are working on other rooms and will have to come back to the tub after install.

So to make it up to my wife, I bought her a new Kitchenaid stand mixer for Christmas and a matching hand mixer in Blue willow.

traditional-bathtubs.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed the cooktop cabinet was designed for a drop-in 36" cooktop. Opps, we bought a slide-in unit.
Apparently my email with the appliance specs fell through the cracks somehow back in July. Spam Folder at the cabinet shop maybe?

So one call to my cabinet guy and he sent one of his guys over to make some modifications and the issue was remedied in about an hour.
We verified that all the other cabinets were compatible with our appliances.
Looks Great! I highly recommend these guys at Completion Plus cabinets.

Cabinet_mod.JPG

TCHB

Reaction score
I have not shot any pics of the outside lately. Looks like ready for the color coat.

That house right across from you is a pretty nice place. Not much yard except for being on the golf coarse.

I will shoot some pics on Friday when playing golf if we play on the east coarse.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I have not shot any pics of the outside lately. Looks like ready for the color coat.

That house right across from you is a pretty nice place. Not much yard except for being on the golf coarse.

I will shoot some pics on Friday when playing golf if we play on the east coarse.

No worries Tony, Not much has been happening outside lately. We will be out there Friday also, maybe we'll run into you. :)

Next week is stucco and they will start trenching for utilities once they get that scaffold on the side taken down.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Well our garage doors have been delayed for two weeks now.
I'm so tired of hearing...next week, only to find out its the following week etc.
Stucco, roof, electrical service trenching are all waiting on the damn garage doors. It's a domino effect of epic proportions.
My Superintendent says the doors are coming from PHX. Well I think they are actually coming on a slow boat from China.

We have a move in date of Dec 22nd...well that is certainly NOT going to happen. There is so much left to do, it's pretty disappointing.
So now I have to get a construction loan extension from Mohave State bank because its not going to be done within a year like I was promised.

Kaotic

Reaction score
Who is your builder? It took my builder 11 months to build after receiving permits, longer than the 6 months that I was promised. Moved in July of this year. In Havasu, north side of town.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Who is your builder? It took my builder 11 months to build after receiving permits, longer than the 6 months that I was promised. Moved in July of this year. In Havasu, north side of town.

DBU IS the builder. They told us 7-8 months after permits. We broke ground in February.
Just 2 weeks ago my Super was still saying we will move in at Christmas. What a gross understatement.

I gave them 25k cash to get started so we didn't have to wait on the construction loan to fund...well that didn't help.
They are telling people it's going to take at least 1 year now to build a house.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Well our granite was installed in the main house and it looks fantastic! Very pleased with Echelon Tile and Stone. Thanks Erik!

They will be fabbing up the casita countertops, backsplashes and cut-out for the gas cooktop soon.
granite_cooktop.JPG
granite-bar.JPG
granite-kitchen.JPG
granite_guest.JPG
granite-sink.JPG
granite-master.JPG

DC-88

Reaction score
Looks great--- On the tubs ...over the years I've learned minimum length for most ladies who like to take a lot of baths is 66", and 72" preferred. Air is the way to go now for sure. You are way behind anyway , not due to anything you did, just how buried every sub is right now that your GC uses but a few years from now it won't seem like a big deal if it turns out how you wanted. I'd consider at least doing the air if the wife is a bath person and vertically challenged, because she will prefer it and use it more than a soaker if that's what is in your pic :). If you post pics of your showers, make sure your tile guy hot mops the pans and floats the walls plumb with at least 5/8" mortar or prepare to catch the wrath ........

Last edited:

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Looks great--- On the tubs ...over the years I've learned minimum length for most ladies who like to take a lot of baths is 66", and 72" preferred. Air is the way to go now for sure. You are way behind anyway , not due to anything you did, just how buried every sub is right now that your GC uses but a few years from now it won't seem like a big deal if it turns out how you wanted. I'd consider at least doing the air if the wife is a bath person and vertically challenged, because she will prefer it and use it more than a soaker if that's what is in your pic :). If you post pics of your showers, make sure your tile guy hot mops the pans and floats the walls plumb with at least 5/8" mortar or prepare to catch the wrath ........

The smallest air bath we could find was 58.5" long and the distance between the walls is only 59" and we still need enough room for wall tile so we decided on an alcove soaker instead.
We didn't want the flange of the drop-in air bath to be touching the wall tile. We were concerned it wouldn't look as good.
For the alcove tub to work, they are going to cut back the drywall and squeak it between the studs which are framed at 60" and tile over the flange.

For the shower pans we have some sort of concrete floor so far. I'm not sure what process they use after that.
We just got the niches put in last week. They will be starting the tile today. We chose 12x24 for the walls and 20x20 for the floors using 1/3 brick spacing.
The shower pan tiles will be 2x2 travertine in the guest and casita showers and we have selected a more natural stone for the master.

shower1.JPG
shower2.JPG
shower3.JPG