WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Car to car communication?

28skater

Reaction score
What are most people using at the river CB or VHF?

Thanks

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I don't know a lot of people using stuff other than cell honestly. I had VHF in my Scarab, but almost never used it and it was never on unless I wanted to listen in to something specific.

In the off-road game, it seems most are using commercial band UHF stuff, in the 460MHz-470MHz range.

intense

Reaction score
VHF all days long as everyone in your group has it

Riley1

Reaction score
We have been using 5W, VHF/UHF handheld radios the last year. Works a lot better than the CB and we can listen in to some of the KOH race channels. I also take one on the boat with Chanel 16 (156.800) as a last resort if we get into trouble w/o cell service. I was going to purchase the "Rugged Radios" 5w radios, until I started doing some research and fond that all they do is take someone else's radio and simply adds some preset channels to make it more user friendly. I was able to program my radios with the same channels. My radios cost $30 and are the same as the $80 rugged radios, but Camouflage instead of blue:D.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
how do you know? i have car to car in the ranger but haven't used it yet.. honestly i don't know shit about it? it's all PCI stuff

STV_Keith

Reaction score
how do you know? i have car to car in the ranger but haven't used it yet.. honestly i don't know shit about it? it's all PCI stuff

The radio itself is likely a Yaesu or Kenwood. Look on the back for a model number. Then you can look it up and see what its intended use and freq range is.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The radio itself is likely a Yaesu or Kenwood. Look on the back for a model number. Then you can look it up and see what its intended use and freq range is.

It's not like I can pull this thing out of the dash and look at the back of it.. Point in fact there is something weird going on with mine. When we talk it sounds all echo like in the other cars, and my range is extremely short to broadcast.. Although I can hear everyone else miles away. The other problem is when it comes through the headsets it is crazy freakin loud, and I can't figure out how to turn the thing down?

RD

Boat211

Reaction score
I had PCI in my cyclone. I didn't have many issues but can agree that there customer support was great.

minijeep

Reaction score
We have been using 5W, VHF/UHF handheld radios the last year. Works a lot better than the CB and we can listen in to some of the KOH race channels. I also take one on the boat with Chanel 16 (156.800) as a last resort if we get into trouble w/o cell service. I was going to purchase the "Rugged Radios" 5w radios, until I started doing some research and fond that all they do is take someone else's radio and simply adds some preset channels to make it more user friendly. I was able to program my radios with the same channels. My radios cost $30 and are the same as the $80 rugged radios, but Camouflage instead of blue:D.

Do you have a link?

28skater

Reaction score
Ended up buying a 60 watt from Rugged radio with antenna black Friday sale 300 bucks need to find someone local to see if if works?

Attachments

• 20171220_130652.jpg
    20171220_130652.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 294