WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wallmart refuses to make cake for retiring officer-I do not make this up

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
click his column in the link to read the whole story.. it takes a turn where you say "well Walmart made it right". then takes another turn where you say.. "whoa..". lol

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Only in America can you refuse to make a cake and get sued for it if its against your religion, but refuse to design one for law enforcement because you feel they are racist and there will be absolutely no repercussions.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Only in America can you refuse to make a cake and get sued for it if its against your religion, but refuse to design one for law enforcement because you feel they are racist and there will be absolutely no repercussions.

I don't read where there won't be any repercussions. If the daughter sues Walmart and it goes to the SCOTUS, it'll be several years before the case is heard.

Dettom

Reaction score
I would never buy a cake there in the first place. Once they know you're LE they'd be back there spooging the batter. Cops always have to be careful where they eat or order food.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I work in Walmarts all the time. My company does their refrigeration. You want to hear the idiotic people speak, go sit in their employee break room. The overwhelming majority of them are dumber than a box of rocks.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I work in Walmarts all the time. My company does their refrigeration. You want to hear the idiotic people speak, go sit in their employee break room. The overwhelming majority of them are dumber than a box of rocks.

That goes without saying. There is a reason they are working at Wal-Mart.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
I would NEVER have gone BACK for any bakery service there, it would just not be safe .

Once the workers gave 'resistance', the entire bakery would be a danger zone in my mind .

I'll BET that a small family owned bakery down the street would have make the cake and done it for free to a neighborhood LEO .

Wasn't there a major lawsuit about a 'wedding cake' a few years ago ? Looks like another one in the oven ..................

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Retirement party with a cake from Walmart...that retired cop must not have been very well-liked LOL

So much for the traditional gold watch...

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Retirement party with a cake from Walmart...that retired cop must not have been very well-liked LOL

So much for the traditional gold watch...

His daughter had a problem at Walmart .........

The 'guys' at the office bought him an Uzzi for pest control ......... HA HA