WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Vail lake for Holloween

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
Just got lucky and got a spot that someone cancelled at vail lake for Holloween, I have questions.what should I expect to see and things to do. The lady told me to bring some Holloween candy

l84theriv

Reaction score
Wow I cant believe you got in! Its been about 5 years since I have been. But such a blast and the kids love it. Its a really cool experience
-Bring or rent a golf cart....no sxs's allowed anymore
-Do the haunted hay ride
-Decorate your campsite, they use to give out prizes
-Bring lots or candy

riverroyal

Reaction score
Golf cart no matter what. Bikes. Side x side is ok. Bring a extra liver, Motrin. Ear plugs. It can get cold in that valley at night, super hot during the day.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Wow I cant believe you got in! Its been about 5 years since I have been. But such a blast and the kids love it. Its a really cool experience
-Bring or rent a golf cart....no sxs's aloud anymore
-Do the haunted hay ride
-Decorate your campsite, they use to give out prizes
-Bring lots or candy

We're not allowed. Not surprised

l84theriv

Reaction score
If you do not own a golf cart or dont have a way to get one there Prestige golf carts will deliver. Rented one from them last weekend. I think it was just over 200 bucks.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Went with my ex's family about 10 years ago or so. It was awesome! They did up their site HUGE!! Got the hayride to come by on every trip and all. It was awesome! Very cool weekend for sure!

senorpdog

Reaction score
What weekend we are going on oct 22nd weekend

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Riverbound should be chiming in....I think he had a thread w/pics last year. This would be cool to roll to. Pretty close to us.

LAVEYNICK

Reaction score
I will be there the 14th through he 17th:thumbsup

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Bring candy for trick or treaters. A golf cart for sure. No sxs allowed anymore. The hay ride is cool as well as the haunted house. Kids love it.

LAVEYNICK

Reaction score
Bring candy for trick or treaters. A golf cart for sure. No sxs allowed anymore. The hay ride is cool as well as the haunted house. Kids love it.

do kids trick or treat every weekend or just halloween?

HBCraig

Reaction score
Its fun we were there last year. One tip, bring a shit ton of candy. You will be shocked on the amount of kids trick or treating.

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
I will be there the 14th through he 17th:thumbsup
Us too. Lower Arroyo, i think spaces 412 and 427

Vail Lake Management said:
Dear Vail Lake Campers,

Based on safety concerns, all UTV?s and off road side by sides are no longer allowed in the Vail Lake RV Resort and lake areas. Golf carts (gas powered and electric) continue to be approved for use within the park providing they have unmodified exhaust systems and are operated by a licensed driver of legal driving age.

The decision to prohibit off highway vehicle use within the park was made by the board of directors of the Rancho California Water District and was driven by the desire to create a safe, family friendly environment at Vail Lake RV Resort. Several near miss incidents involving young children at UTV?s operated in an unsafe manner in 2015 at Vail Lake RV Resort were the primary motivation behind this action.

The goals of the Rancho California Water District and the California Parks Company/Vail Lake Recreation Company are to operate a secure, clean and enjoyable outdoor recreation experience at Vail Lake RV Resort. OHV use within the campground and surrounding property was judged to be in conflict with the stated goals for the property.

While we understand the disappointment of the many safe and responsible UTV owners that have enjoyed using their vehicles at Vail Lake in the past, the prudent decision is to do everything in our power to minimize risk for families using the facility.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to making continued facility upgrades and improvements in guest safety at the Vail Lake RV Resort.

- Vail Lake RV Resort Staff and Management

LAVEYNICK

Reaction score
Us too. Lower Arroyo, i think spaces 412 and 427

Nice we will be in #176 in the oaks. Stop by for a beer.
IMG_0009.jpg

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Wow...I miss going, but the kids, now 15 and 16 are not interested in going anymore. I guess I have to wait until I can take my grandchildren. It was always a tough decision of whether to stay in the Oaks or up top on Chardonnay Mesa. My water hose froze one year down in the Oaks. Chardonnay Mesa was always nice because we could get some Bocce Ball going on the grass! Have fun and enjoy!

LAVEYNICK

Reaction score
Wow...I miss going, but the kids, now 15 and 16 are not interested in going anymore. I guess I have to wait until I can take my grandchildren. It was always a tough decision of whether to stay in the Oaks or up top on Chardonnay Mesa. My water hose froze one year down in the Oaks. Chardonnay Mesa was always nice because we could get some Bocce Ball going on the grass! Have fun and enjoy!

Funny, our family started camping again once me and my brother had our kids. I think my parents enjoy it more now. Last new years in the oaks our water line froze as well I was pretty surprised.