WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What the hell is wrong with people?

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
He's a dope, no question about it, but he is not worse than Satan, not even close!!

Since Dave won't answer my question on the Supreme Court I pose it to you.

The guy has proposed a constitutional court and yet you guys are clutching your pearls. :thumbsdown

I won't disagree or argue with you on the SC, definitely the worst reason not to vote for Trump. My hope is we don't lose the balance in the senate and an extreme liberal justice is confirmed. Same thing with 2A, hoping R's remain in majority in the legislatures.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I never heard of them notifying anybody when late. Why would they spend the time. Maybe AZ is different that way.

Never knew they did that either, never expected it wouldn't make it 50 miles in 3-4 days.:thumbsdown

Both me and my wife received the letter.

RCDave

Reaction score
Trump is a liberal thru and thru. I have no faith in his decision making. He wakes up and flips a coin on issues and whether he is a liberal or rino.

I understand your points Regor and respect them.

But given trumps wishy washy nature, outrageous behaviors, making Shit up as he goes along, I'm voting for the most conservative left standing.

Not that either of our votes will amount to a hill of beans. This election was lost months ago.

jet496

Reaction score
I don't want somebody who does something just for the party, I want somebody that does something for the country. People get too caught up in support for their team. There's good & bad in both parties. Take he best ideas & keep implementing them & shit can the bad ones, pretty simple.

jet496

Reaction score
Because there is no R party anymore.

The R party consists of Tea Party/Alt-R's and it consists of those with "establishment" beliefs. You guys call them RINO's. These two groups have very little in common other than they are in the same party.

There are not enough of either side of the party to carry a national election and so the D's will continue to win elections because the Tea Party/Alt-R's are willing to burn the house down in primary elections against "RINO's", even if it means losing the Executive branch and the Senate.

The sooner the two fractions within the party permanently divide into two completely separate political organizations, the sooner there will be a chance to stop the liberal creep.

Why does there have to be separate parties? How about 100% unity for what's best for the country? One party for all.

530RL

Reaction score
Why does there have to be separate parties? How about 100% unity for what's best for the country? One party for all.

Because different people within the existing R party have different views on what is best for the country and how to get there and these views are incompatible.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Trump is a liberal thru and thru. I have no faith in his decision making. He wakes up and flips a coin on issues and whether he is a liberal or rino.

I understand your points Regor and respect them.

But given trumps wishy washy nature, outrageous behaviors, making Shit up as he goes along, I'm voting for the most conservative left standing.

Not that either of our votes will amount to a hill of beans. This election was lost months ago.

Statements like this are what's destroying the republican/conservative party.

We stand in a circular firing squad killing each other off and let the Democrats/liberals take everything.

Whether you like it or not he is the chosen candidate. You can't win the game if you're not in the game.

So maybe he's not the most conservative Republican but neither was McCain or Romney.

Do you really think casting a vote that's not going to mean anything is going to send a message to anybody?

If all the so-called true Conservatives spent as much time campaigning for Donald Trump instead of tearing him down he would probably have a pretty fair chance, and quite honestly I think he still does.

A trump presidency may not be the panacea everybody thinks it will be, but it sure as shit will beat the hell out of a third term of Obama policies.

Have a nice day[emoji1]

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Just finished filling out my ballot and its going in the mail today. Only reason I waited this long is couldn't make up my mind on marijuana initiative, finally voted yes in spite of my employer urging otherwise.

Are you too lazy to go to a polling place and vote? More fraud thru mail in ballots than any other. I know there are many ways for your vote to be tampered with but I feel like going to vote at a polling place is the best way to make sure your vote doesn't get tampered with.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Are you too lazy to go to a polling place and vote? More fraud thru mail in ballots than any other. I know there are many ways for your vote to be tampered with but I feel like going to vote at a polling place is the best way to make sure your vote doesn't get tampered with.

Started voting mail a long time ago because of away from home assignments and enjoy the convenience of doing so. Regardless of your opinion on election rigging it doesn't matter anyway if you don't have confidence in the electing process. To my knowledge no one ever sees their ballot after it is cast whether it be in person or by mail.

RCDave

Reaction score

We stand in a circular firing squad killing each other off and let the Democrats/liberals take everything.

Whether you like it or not he is the chosen candidate. You can't win the game if you're not in the game.

So maybe he's not the most conservative Republican but neither was McCain or Romney.

Do you really think casting a vote that's not going to mean anything is going to send a message to anybody?

If all the so-called true Conservatives spent as much time campaigning for Donald Trump instead of tearing him down he would probably have a pretty fair chance, and quite honestly I think he still does.

A trump presidency may not be the panacea everybody thinks it will be, but it sure as shit will beat the hell out of a third term of Obama policies.

Have a nice day[emoji1]

He is not a conservative. He has proven for decades he is a liberal and will do more long damage to the conservative movement.

There is no game to win with candidates this bad.

Lastly, I don't send messages with my vote. I pick the candidate closest to my economic principles.

What has killed the Republican Party is our elected officials. Whom consistently turn their back on conservative principles. A good percentage of R's are libtard rinos. This is the problem. The solution is to stop electing unprincipled sell outs

530RL

Reaction score

Have a nice day[emoji1]

This is exactly why the Republican party needs to break apart. The beliefs between the Tea Party/Alt-R and the RINO's are completely different and completely incompatible. The sooner it breaks up, the sooner the losses will subside.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
He is not a conservative. He has proven for decades he is a liberal and will do more long damage to the conservative movement.

There is no game to win with candidates this bad.

Lastly, I don't send messages with my vote. I pick the candidate closest to my economic principles.

What has killed the Republican Party is our elected officials. Whom consistently turn their back on conservative principles. A good percentage of R's are libtard rinos. This is the problem. The solution is to stop electing unprincipled sell outs

I never said he was the most conservative guy out there, it's your opinion that he's a liberal and that's fine. None of it's going to matter if HRC is elected because the Supreme Court will go full tilt to the left.

I consider myself pretty right wing, but the party still has to get moderate votes because like it or not we are outnumbered. Unless you're ready and willing for a Civil War in this country that is the only way I see large change happening. And it's probably not going to be a change for the better.

RCDave

Reaction score
I never said he was the most conservative guy out there, it's your opinion that he's a liberal and that's fine. None of it's going to matter if HRC is elected because the Supreme Court will go full tilt to the left.

I consider myself pretty right wing, but the party still has to get moderate votes because like it or not we are outnumbered. Unless you're ready and willing for a Civil War in this country that is the only way I see large change happening. And it's probably not going to be a change for the better.

I don't disagree with you. The only problem is the primaries put up a guy that can't get elected

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
This is exactly why the Republican party needs to break apart. The beliefs between the Tea Party/Alt-R and the RINO's are completely different and completely incompatible. The sooner it breaks up, the sooner the losses will subside.

I don't disagree with you. The only problem is the primaries put up a guy that can't get elected

So what is the answer?

I don't think you could get 10 conservative Republicans in a room to agree the sky is blue on a sunny day, they'd be too busy arguing what shade of blue.

RCDave

Reaction score
So what is the answer?

I don't think you could get 10 conservative Republicans in a room to agree the sky is blue on a sunny day, they'd be too busy arguing what shade of blue.

Good question. The party keeps squandering opportunity. It appears to be led by weak and ineffective leadership.

They couldn't even focus the party effort and allowed 16 primary candidates to dilute and weaken the results. Bad owner - Bad coach = more losses

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

Well if the detractors would spend more time supporting him or keeping their mouths shut instead of tearing him down at every opportunity maybe he would have a chance.

Yes, he's made an ass of himself on many occasions and it does make it hard to defend him.

Not to mention a mostly liberal news media who will keep all the bad stuff in the new cycle 24/7

We need to learn a lesson from the liberals and just smile and wave and ignore it all.

If your three points down in a football game in the fourth quarter do you just give up and walk off the field?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Good question. The party keeps squandering opportunity. It appears to be led by weak and ineffective leadership.

They couldn't even focus the party effort and allowed 16 primary candidates to dilute and weaken the results. Bad owner - Bad coach = more losses

Absolutely, there are way too many egos in the top of the party, there are no team players.

RCDave

Reaction score
Well if the detractors would spend more time supporting him or keeping their mouths shut instead of tearing him down at every opportunity maybe he would have a chance.

Lol. No one is to blame but Trump himself. He is fully responsible for all his actions, positions, words, etc. How many votes he earns, wins or loses.

Just about daily he reloads the medias gun with fresh hollow points to shoot at him.

530RL

Reaction score
So what is the answer?

LOL, completely agree.

Sometimes you have to prune a rose bush to the ground in order for it to come back bigger and healthier.

The Repbulican party did a post mortem subsequent to Romney and then completely ignored it. It was ignored because the Tea Party/Alt-R's wanted nothing to do with it and establishment leadership wanted to hold the party together as best as they could. Not a criticism of the Tea Party/Alt-R's, just a statement of fact that they are willing to burn the house down without compromise, nor is it a criticism of the establishment as they believed they could hold it together. But as evidenced by this kerfuffle within the party, they can't, the views are too diffuse within the party to keep it together.

But what this election will prove is that although the Tea Party/Alt-R priorities are supported by a part of the populace on the right, the Warren/Sanders priorities are also supported by a part of the populace on the left.

The winning strategy is in the middle. The "Rino's" should split off and create a party that is consistent where the bulk of the American electorate is moving which is shown by the ballooning movement from both parties to "independent". Let the other two parties remain and become minorities.

There is a middle ground party that can draw from middle right, the middle left and the Independents that can become a larger party than either the D's or R's today. It will not consist of many of the posters in here on the right nor will it consist of the Squeezers and Grads on the left. But it will have a better chance in elections than the current path of Trump-like policies and conduct that the R party is going down right now.

The people I interact with at work every day who are business owners, business executives and professionals left the Republican party because of the harsh positions. They don't want to vote D, but given some choices they feel they have no choice. Their individual ballots are a mishmash of votes for R's and D's.

It's time to give them a better choice than what they have now.

jet496

Reaction score
The people I interact with at work every day who are business owners, business executives and professionals left the Republican party because of the harsh positions. They don't want to vote D, but given some choices they feel they have no choice. Their individual ballots are a mishmash of votes for R's and D's.

It's time to give them a better choice than what they have now.

I agree with everything you said but I don't know of any business men or executives voting for Hillary. On the contrary, most like Trump.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I don't disagree with you. The only problem is the primaries put up a dozen or more inter fighting run of the mill candidates that couldn't figure out how to beat a reality show host...but that's the voters fault, not the candidates. However, now that the candidate is not my choice and I'm flushing my vote, it will be all Trumps fault when I help help Killary win, and not the voters (Me) fault.

Slight fix for ya there RC...:thumbsup

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Hey man, all I've asked from the conspiracy theorists is show me proof the Clintons murdered someone, so far its crickets for hard proof. Btw, since you may not know it, I'm no Hillary voter, I just can't stand Donald Trump.

The thing is....

America's homicide clearance rate, the percentage of solved crimes that lead to arrest, has fallen considerably in the past 50 years, from around 90% in 1965 to around 64% in 2012, according to federal statistics. This means more than 211,000 homicides committed since 1980 remain unsolved.

The smartest criminals, and the ones with VERY POWERFUL CONNECTIONS slide in to home plate with ease. Put 2 and 2 together here and you have Super Predators pre and post White House going unchecked.