WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Important NFL game Sunday night...

Cray Paper

Reaction score
So....Sunday night there is a scheduled NFL game in AZ that pits a couple of the NFL's top teams against each other. I get a majority of posters on the site are from or are living in AZ. I'm am interested in hearing your thoughts on this game. Feel free to speak freely.....the last 5 years have gotten me used to the trash talk.

I'll start, I think the Hawks win, again, for the 4th year in a row at the Cards. Will it be a blow out or close? Will RW get crushed because he cant run around or will he tear apart the honey badger and friends in the defensive backfield? You guys have a Johnson that abused the Jets D, will he shrink against the Hawks D?

What are the home town fans take on this battle for the NFC West?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
If Palmer doesn't start producing, it will be a very long night...and season.

He should be connecting with John Brown a lot more to stretch the field and open-up the defense.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
It'll be a tight game if both defenses play like they can. I think Seattle's offense will edge out AZ's D. If Sherman and Shead can both shut down Fitzgerald and Brown, AZ doesn't have a chance.

JRS1939

Reaction score
It'll be a tight game if both defenses play like they can. I think Seattle's offense will edge out AZ's D. If Sherman and Shead can both shut down Fitzgerald and Brown, AZ doesn't have a chance.
Wrong. David Johnson is going to shine. Again. Kid is going to really have one amazing career.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Wrong. David Johnson is going to shine. Again. Kid is going to really have one amazing career.
He'll have a solid game, but not enough to carry the team. Seattle has one of the best run defenses in the NFL and, if the secondary can shut down the passing game, the running game doesn't have a chance to open up.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
So....Sunday night there is a scheduled NFL game in AZ that pits a couple of the NFL's top teams against each other. I get a majority of posters on the site are from or are living in AZ. I'm am interested in hearing your thoughts on this game. Feel free to speak freely.....the last 5 years have gotten me used to the trash talk.

I'll start, I think the Hawks win, again, for the 4th year in a row at the Cards. Will it be a blow out or close? Will RW get crushed because he cant run around or will he tear apart the honey badger and friends in the defensive backfield? You guys have a Johnson that abused the Jets D, will he shrink against the Hawks D?

What are the home town fans take on this battle for the NFC West?

SEAHAWKS 24 Cardinals 17

pronstar

Reaction score
He'll have a solid game, but not enough to carry the team. Seattle has one of the best run defenses in the NFL and, if the secondary can shut down the passing game, the running game doesn't have a chance to open up.

I agree.
Johnson has balled-out all 6 games, but the Card's are 3-3.

ClownRoyal

Reaction score
I am a Hawks fan and am heading to the game to represent the 12s. This like a home game as the 12s travel well for this one. Hawks in a tight one.

pronstar

Reaction score
Johnson missed practice the last two days with a hammy issue...it'll be a close one even if he suits up.

dntnosht

Reaction score
seahawks_2013_by_pyrodark-d6vw03y.jpg

BajaMike

Reaction score
I love NFL football, but I'm not watching till the "sit thru the national anthem" is stopped.

I've gotten into college football. Afte living in Austin for three years, I got into Texas A&M and the SEC teams....and I had a buddy in Austin with A&M season ticket. I went to a lot of UT games but they suck.

Fuck the NFL.....if the billionaires can't control their spoiled employees....Fuck them.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I have been a fan of my home town Seahawks since day one (1976) so know that before resorting to bandwagon fan BS claims. Hawks have handed the Cards their ass at home over the past 3 years. I don't see that happening tonight unless Palmer gets hurt again. If that happens, it's going to be an ass kicking, again. I really think this game will be close and won by the Cards. I hate saying that, everytime the Hawks play in prime time they shine, but at some point that has to come to an end.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Which team disrespects the anthem more?
That's how I base my viewing or caring about who wins these days.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Never seen so many flags thrown on one play. [emoji458]

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wilson is hurt a lot worse than they are letting on.
Carol won't roll out the QB2 and the Hawks defense has been on the field most the game, but still doing an excellent job though fatigue is obvious.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Cards D is playing MUCH better as a unit then they really have been all season. Seahawks D holding Johnson to less than 100 yards through 4 quarters says a lot about their run D.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Defense wins championships

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Ouch this one is going to hurt.

GRADS

Reaction score
Oh you have to be kidding me. A missed 20 yard field goal?:yikes

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Crazy game

GRADS

Reaction score
A tie? WTF?

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Even though they tied, Seattle won a moral victory with all the AZ miscues.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Until the blocked Punt, AZ had not let SH's past the 50 yard line. I thought Arians should have used that 3rd down to try another run play rather than try a FG on 3rd. Was the delay of game on purpose?
Great defensive game.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Worst game to watch all season.....total snoozer[emoji42]

Not if either teams' Offense can't make 20 yard field goal[emoji37] [emoji37]

Seemed like all Sunday's games were snoozers.
AZ's main problem for several games has been the kicking unit(s).
The coach is doing ok with the tools he has in my book.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Even though they tied, Seattle won a moral victory with all the AZ miscues.

Seahawks didn't win anything, even the great D performance wasn't enough to cover the stench of the offensive play. I went to bed at 8:30PM and put the game on the TV but fell asleep quickly. I woke up to my wife yelling " WTF??? HE effing missed it???" Started work at 5:30am, had to be on the road by 4:30AM.

I went right back to sleep, I saw enough earlier. A tie? What a waste of time by both fan bases. AZ should be ashamed of their special teams and to a lesser extent the offense, hawks offense alone shoulders the shame of the "tie". I feel bad for both defenses, they both deserved to get a "win".

530RL

Reaction score
Cards are gonna struggle to make it to the playoffs in a tough division.