WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Orange County boat repair for cap job

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
I've read reviews and past experiences on here about Orange County boat repair. Seemed to be good, haven't heard anything bad. I've been talking to Sal back and forth about doing a half cap with stainless rub rail on sides, or doing a full cap on my 28 Daytona. Talked to Eliminator about doing it as well, unfortunately quite a bit out of my price range on it. Do you trust OC boat repair to do a cap job? I don't really know much about them other than the few things I've read

Rotten deal

Reaction score
I would get a price from kmg boats for another option.

rivergames

Reaction score
I would go KMG as well! Kevin is a great guy!

NicPaus

Reaction score
I have used them several times over the last 15 years. Sal Sr. always took care of me. The repairs still can not be noticed to this day, Friend owns it now. I am sure there price will be much better, operation is no Pats or KMG but they know how to repair Gel and blend in fades so you can not tell. They have been in same building forever not going to close there doors on you.

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
Alex is doing great cap jobs these days along with a few total restores
top notch work,

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
Over the last couple of years I've had a couple projects and inquired about some others. I've called multiple shops including every single one mentioned in this thread. The two projects I went through on were both done by Pat's Fiberglass. OC Boat Repair was right in line on both jobs, but I think Don (Pat's Fiberglass) was in a good mood and helped me out on both projects so I went with him. People always say Pat's is so expensive, my two jobs he was priced better than anyone. OC Boat Repair was right in line with him though. What I seemed to find was a huge variance in price when it comes to gel work. Because gel work is primarily labor intensive, the pricing just seems to vary on if they want the work or not. One shop mentioned in this thread clearly didn't want the work as they were more than 3 times the cost. OC Boat Repair has always been in line though and I wouldn't hesitate to use them. Always heard good things about them. The work I have seen has been good and in my experience pricing has always been fair/in line.

One place I hadn't checked at the time of my projects, but certainly will in the future, is Mario at So-Cal Speed and Marine. I've seen his work in person and is absolutely amazing. Plus he really took care of me on something that I bought from him and earned my trust. Good luck.

NicPaus

Reaction score
That's good to hear about pats. My Friend brought a Seadoo there last year. Closest shop to him. He must of mentioned the guy who damaged it was footing the bill. It was about $6k. The guy whose son damaged it refused to pay as the repair was to high. I have had similar repaired for $1200 @oc. I have also used Islander as Sal Jr. Seems to have a attitude sometimes and makes you feel he doesn't want the work. Rick took great care of me just have read things are not going as fast as planned.

jailbird141

Reaction score
Call Chris at LaveyCraft. They do this all the time and you won't be disappointed!

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm really debating whether to do the full or half cap. I like the look of both

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
My buddy had Martinez cap his 21. It still looks great.

He's having KMG cap his 25.