WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is it too early?

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
To start talking about 2017? :D

Should be a bunch busier with it being after the Laughlin River Run and Stagecoach. I know tons of people that debate this pick every year...now we can do both!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We have already booked our stage for the booth and confirmed Matt Farris playing for the street fair.

RD

Rotten deal

Reaction score
I've already booked 3 condos at kingsview. Can't wait.

shueman

Reaction score
Packing up with Jim Nichols on Sunday after Monster Bash, that was the topic of conservation ... gonna be a busy "off season" ...

WildWilly

Reaction score
So we've not done DS, next year will be our first. We booked a place at the nautical a few weeks back. So what should we expect, other than a shit ton of badass boats? I know about street fair, I'm sure there are other festivities, but do regular people actually put their boats in the water and stuff?

shueman

Reaction score
So we've not done DS, next year will be our first. We booked a place at the nautical a few weeks back. So what should we expect, other than a shit ton of badass boats? I know about street fair, I'm sure there are other festivities, but do regular people actually put their boats in the water and stuff?

Yes sir they do ... run the Poker Run ... lots of ca$h to be had ...

The Party in the Park will be BIG this year as well :thumbsup

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

It's not really all that small boat friendly, lake gets pretty rough

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
It's not really all that small boat friendly, lake gets pretty rough

I was pretty surprised last year, it wasn't that bad. I have seen it worse on a Saturday during the middle of summer. Seemed like most everyone was rafted up in Thompson Bay or in the channel.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Depends on when you want to start paying. Monthly rates are available today. If you want weekly or daily, those go 1 week before DS.

Last year I couldn't reserve a slip without reserving a full week, so I had to go in early Friday AM and they had slips available for mooring overnight. They won't reserve anything less than a full week in advance, if you want less than a week it's first come first serve. Just an FYI. I think they may only do this for the busy event weeks & weekends?

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I figure we will rent the slip for the whole week.

So i have to get this the friday before? I cant do it any earlier without going monthly?

evantwheeler

Reaction score
I figure we will rent the slip for the whole week.

So i have to get this the friday before? I cant do it any earlier without going monthly?

I was told that you can reserve ahead of time for a full week, but no less, for event & holiday weekends. Anything less than a week is first come first serve on event & holiday weekends.

shueman

Reaction score
Video teaser ...

[video=youtube_https;Fg7kf0Yvyz8]https://youtu.be/Fg7kf0Yvyz8[/video]

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
May 2, 2017 thru May 7, 2017

Tuesday, May 2; Meet and Greet at Pirate Cove Resort
Wednesday, May 3; Krusin for Kids
Wednesday evening; DS Open House, location TBA
Thursday, May 4; DS Street Party
Friday, May 5; DS Poker Run, Parade thru channel begins at 10am
Saturday, May 6; DS Shootout
Saturday evening; Awards night

sure to be a good time!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We're coming out of hiding for this one :p

No boat....but lots of vino.

No joking..I saw your screen name and was surprised to see it, seems like it's been years since you last posted.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

On Thursday afternoon/eve the street fair on Main is the event. Friday lots of people launch their boats and go down lake to raft up with other rdp members and watch all the fast boats go screamin' by, after that it's pretty much a free for all day. Saturday many will launch to go watch the speed runs by Site 6. Attend party that eve.
Participating in the Poker run is always an option too and is a bitchen way to spend the day. Poker run participants have their own dinner party and awards.
I'd just suggest staying in touch here and hooking up with a few to get your feet wet.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I am counting the days down. Big year for me this year. [emoji41][emoji202]