WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Phoenix 32 XPR Poker Run

noli

Reaction score

SportBoatNews by noli
Hull #2 is the Phoenix XPR (Poker Run boat)

After the hull prep is complete, will go to DHD (Doug Harrell Designs) for painting then will be rigged with 400R motors

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Noli, what's the typical time frame on painting a boat like this?
This part of the process is completely foreign to me.
In the mold or external like this one, painting graphics on 32 feet of cat is big handful of work.
Would love to see lots of pics in the paint booth.:thumbsup

noli

Reaction score

unfortunately, I can only depend on the pics and other info that is shared to me, and a lot of info is simply not given to me

the flow of the information that you're asking is ==> painter - owner - builder - me

I will ask Doug Harrell what the typical turnaround time is for painting these 32 foot cats.

They're painted after the boat is built and epoxy primed.

noli

Reaction score

The Phoenix 32 XPR was lifted with one strap to determine where the CG (center of Gravity) is located. The guys at SmartMarine couldn't be any happier. The CG location and the hull weight all came in as expected

noli

Reaction score

The 32 XPR cockpit is complete. Here's what SmartMarine is saying:

"From concept to reality, the Phoenix 32 XPR stylized widebody interior has come to life. With recesses for additional storage, contrasting paint work, hidden LED lighting, grab handles, cup holders, and an awesome JLaudio sound system, this interior provides the space needed to include all the features of the most elaborate build without crowding equipment and sacrificing aesthetics. Dash and forward side recesses can handle with ease side mounted MercuryRacing Zero Effort controls, Simrad NSS12 and NSS9 chartplotters, a pair of VesselView702bySimrad, and even a Yeti Hopper. Purposeful design lends to clean, sharp line..."

noli

Reaction score

400R motors are hung...actually...word is that the cat is complete and is pulling some serious top-end numbers

noli

Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:

catman

Reaction score
Noli,
Do you know of what price point is with the 400's.Love the boat and be interested to see if pricing is comparable to a 34' MTI.Thanks for the video and pics.

noli

Reaction score

I don't know the pricing with 400's

$250K with 300XS as per SpeedOnTheWater

here's their office number case you're interested, good guys to talk to ==> Call (407) 402-1081

Warlock1

Reaction score

The Phoenix 32 XPR was lifted with one strap to determine where the CG (center of Gravity) is located. The guys at SmartMarine couldn't be any happier. The CG location and the hull weight all came in as expected

Let me preface my questions by saying I am NOT a boat designing guru. But testing the center of gravity without it being fully equipped with hardware seems off to me. From the middle of the boat to the rear(speaking from bow to stern) gets all the weight. So what do they do to balance that out so it flys straight and level when exiting the water?

Warlock1

Reaction score
I might have to give them a call and find out what a bare hull with trailer would cost......:D

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Let me preface my questions by saying I am NOT a boat designing guru. But testing the center of gravity without it being fully equipped with hardware seems off to me. From the middle of the boat to the rear(speaking from bow to stern) gets all the weight. So what do they do to balance that out so it flys straight and level when exiting the water?
Finding the bare hull CG helps them understand the engine placement and can influence interior design as well.

noli

Reaction score
phoenix32XPR.jpg

36933502671_a5586abd64_k.jpg