WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So I pulled the trigger on my rzr build

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Doing a cage, full doors, roof & roof rack, full windshield and 2 led whips.
I dropped it off at sxs unlimited in Simi Valley. We stripped the car yesterday.
Here's a few picks
IMG_2655.jpg
IMG_2656.jpg
IMG_2657.jpg
IMG_2658.jpg
IMG_2659.jpg
IMG_2661.jpg

Meaney77

Reaction score
Nice! A buddy of mine had them do his car and they did a great job and stand behind their work. Think the owner is also a fellow boater.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Nice! A buddy of mine had them do his car and they did a great job and stand behind their work. Think the owner is also a fellow boater.

Yes he use to be on the forums back in the day. I think his screen name was ultrajay. He's got a 27 shadow with a big quad rotor deal. Good guy and a great shop.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I really want to put a cage, new seats, intercoms, and doors on mine. I have done a bunch of little things and really enjoyed it. The 1000 XP4 has been an awesome platform. Looking forward to watching your build.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Dumb question, can the U-bars behind the passenger and driver's seat be cut off? What are they there for on the stock cages? I am assuming a harness loop of some sort but the harnesses can loop around the straight bar, right?

Dave, Nice build. Don't forget about the car to car radio, intercom, headsets/helmet mic, seats, harnesses, etc...:rolleyes, LOL:D

Attachments

• rzr.pdf
    73 KB · Views: 251
  • rzr.pdf
    73 KB · Views: 174

prosthogod

Reaction score
This is for anybody out there riding in a SxS with a stock cage. STOP NOW AND GET AN AFTERMARKET ROLL CAGE. If you look at any pictures online of any roll overs with stock cages of any brand, they crush in a heartbeat.

grumpy88

Reaction score
This is for anybody out there riding in a SxS with a stock cage. STOP NOW AND GET AN AFTERMARKET ROLL CAGE. If you look at any pictures online of any roll overs with stock cages of any brand, they crush in a heartbeat.

I have seen aftermarket cages fold up easy too . Do your homework before you buy .

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Dumb question, can the U-bars behind the passenger and driver's seat be cut off? What are they there for on the stock cages? I am assuming a harness loop of some sort but the harnesses can loop around the straight bar, right?

Dave, Nice build. Don't forget about the car to car radio, intercom, headsets/helmet mic, seats, harnesses, etc...:rolleyes, LOL:D

They have to do with the seat I think. Keeping it from going back too far.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I guess I better sell my RZR and live in a bubble if I don't change my stock cage. :rolleyes

DLC

Reaction score
Wow that looks SWEET!

Can't wait to see it all done!
Are you going to go with blue, black or gray. What's you colors choice?

The aftermarket cage really completes the look!!!

It's amazing how much dinero you can drop into these machines!

I really need to dump my Rhino and step up to something better!

DLC

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Looks awesome! I like the vents at the bottom of the windshield. I am going to incorporate those into my build. Should help with the dust swirling effect and get air into the cabin, great idea

Andy01

Reaction score
Looks great Dave, don't forget to call me so we can include the after market stuff to your insurance policy. :thumbup:

Dirtbag

Reaction score

How is this allowed to happen? How are the manufacturers not sued over and over because of this?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Will that windshield with the vents work on an SDR cage?

Englewood

Reaction score
Let the fun begin...That thing looks awesome!!!

Love the roof rack...Definitely adding that to mine next.

Vents help alot with the swirling.

Windshield was by far the best thing I did to mine!

windshield.JPG

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I want a windshield bad. Everyone that has them swears by them.

Shortdeck

Reaction score
Do you have to have a custom windshield built for a custom cage?

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Wow that looks SWEET!

Can't wait to see it all done!
Are you going to go with blue, black or gray. What's you colors choice?

The aftermarket cage really completes the look!!!

It's amazing how much dinero you can drop into these machines!

I really need to dump my Rhino and step up to something better!

DLC
Thanks
I was going all blue but now I'm have second thoughts about that. I might go blue and black.

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Looks like fun, getting ready to start mine as well on the xp4 1000 I got from Maxed Out beginning of summer.

I really want to put a cage, new seats, intercoms, and doors on mine. I have done a bunch of little things and really enjoyed it. The 1000 XP4 has been an awesome platform. Looking forward to watching your build.

Not to hijack, but I am doing mine as well, in 2 weeks... Having Eric Barker, famous for building the Safari Ranger for ole River Dave, do the work. Should be fun.
Started with Cage and doors, can you say snowball...Cage, doors, windshield (VW safari tilt version), lighting, mirros, radio ready for Baja with comms etc, Lowrance, new seat brackets for the seats I already had, new suspension for the new wheels and tires I already had, belts, locking trunk, spare mount, fire suppression system, roof rack. Did I mention a snow ball affect, but seriously looking forward to it. This started with I just want to do a little build to make it safer and reliable, a little custom maybe. Pretty sure when its finished hes going to have a score tag on it just in case.

I'll probably try to get RD to start a thread with pics, because I just don't take pics and Eric's work deserves them.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Looks like fun, getting ready to start mine as well on the xp4 1000 I got from Maxed Out beginning of summer.

Not to hijack, but I am doing mine as well, in 2 weeks... Having Eric Barker, famous for building the Safari Ranger for ole River Dave, do the work. Should be fun.
Started with Cage and doors, can you say snowball...Cage, doors, windshield (VW safari tilt version), lighting, mirros, radio ready for Baja with comms etc, Lowrance, new seat brackets for the seats I already had, new suspension for the new wheels and tires I already had, belts, locking trunk, spare mount, fire suppression system, roof rack. Did I mention a snow ball affect, but seriously looking forward to it. This started with I just want to do a little build to make it safer and reliable, a little custom maybe. Pretty sure when its finished hes going to have a score tag on it just in case.

I'll probably try to get RD to start a thread with pics, because I just don't take pics and Eric's work deserves them.

You have to do a build thread for sure.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
What material is the windshield made out of?

DLC

Reaction score
This is looking sweet!

Great color choices!
Thanks for the teaser pics

And

You could tell them to hurry up! I can't wait to see if finished!

LoL