WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Really cool product from Battery Tender

rrrr

Reaction score

I found this item while browsing Battery Tender's website. It's a Wi-Fi enabled battery monitor that allows you to keep track of battery condition on your boat, RV, dune toys, etc that are connected to a Battery Tender. For just $19.95 it's a great deal. Actually you could use it with any battery charger if you install the SAE connectors that BT products use inline with the charger wiring.

If the battery in your vehicle drops below a set voltage, shows a trend of low voltages, charging anomalies etc. the device sends an alert to your phone.

I have six batteries using BTs right now, for just over a hundred bucks I can have access to the charge state on all six vehicles and make sure the Battery Tenders are operating correctly. While the website says "Your vehicle's battery will report its status while it's in range of your home Wi-Fi network", it will work when in range of any Wi-Fi network. If your storage facility has a network in its office and it's within range of the device (and they will allow you to connect to it), you can receive the alerts.

The Battery Tender app is available at the iOS or Android App Store.

This is some cool shit.

Your vehicle's battery will report its status while it's in range of your home Wi-Fi network. You will receive an alert to your mobile device if the Battery Monitor detects that your battery may not be holding a charge the way it should.

Alert Scenarios:
Battery is sulphated and isn't holding a charge
Vehicle light was left on and is draining battery
Average voltage is low over a period of time
Battery should be checked for effectiveness

Tired of failing batteries? Start tracking your batteries health! With the new wireless battery monitor from Battery Tender, you can be alerted to battery issues before they become a problem with messages sent straight to your phone!

WiFi Connectivity

Monitor Battery Remotely
Avoid Battery Failure With Mobile Alerts
Compatible With Standard SAE Connectors
For Use With Battery Tender APP

081-0172.jpg

http://www.batterytender.com/future

http://products.batterytender.com/Accessories/WIRELESS-BATTERY-MONITOR.html

Boat 405

Reaction score
Looks awesome! I have 4 tenders at home and 1 at the river. I'm definitely going to buy one of these to try it. Thanks:thumbup:

Enen

Reaction score
Looks really cool.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Very cool and I see them being a huge seller.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

I found this item while browsing Battery Tender's website. It's a Wi-Fi enabled battery monitor that allows you to keep track of battery condition on your boat, RV, dune toys, etc that are connected to a Battery Tender. For just $19.95 it's a great deal. Actually you could use it with any battery charger if you install the SAE connectors that BT products use inline with the charger wiring.

If the battery in your vehicle drops below a set voltage, shows a trend of low voltages, charging anomalies etc. the device sends an alert to your phone.

I have six batteries using BTs right now, for just over a hundred bucks I can have access to the charge state on all six vehicles and make sure the Battery Tenders are operating correctly. While the website says "Your vehicle's battery will report its status while it's in range of your home Wi-Fi network", it will work when in range of any Wi-Fi network. If your storage facility has a network in its office and it's within range of the device (and they will allow you to connect to it), you can receive the alerts.

The Battery Tender app is available at the iOS or Android App Store.

This is some cool shit.

View attachment 525977

http://www.batterytender.com/future

http://products.batterytender.com/Accessories/WIRELESS-BATTERY-MONITOR.html
Only problem I see with that is it has to be an open network. No security

Reaction score
Seems useless.

I does not charge anything, and I(t) does not turn anything on or off.

:headscratch:

rrrr

Reaction score
Seems useless.

I does not charge anything, and I does not turn anything on or off.

:headscratch:

You does not? Or the device does not?

It's a remote monitor. If you see value in knowing what is going on with several different batteries kept on tenders and the hundreds of dollars invested in those batteries, then the $19.95 is a good deal.

I can give you a good example. Many garage wall receptacles are the GFCI type. Any time there's a power interruption the GFCI trips. The constant current draw from the memory circuit of a stereo system in a boat will drain the battery.

If there's a monitor on the tender and this happens, a phone call can get someone to reset the GFCI and save the better part of a weekend day that would be spent screwing around with a dead battery instead of heading for the launch ramp.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
You does not? Or the device does not?

It's a remote monitor. If you see value in knowing what is going on with several different batteries kept on tenders and the hundreds of dollars invested in those batteries, then the $19.95 is a good deal.

I can give you a good example. Many garage wall receptacles are the GFCI type. Any time there's a power interruption the GFCI trips. The constant current draw from the memory circuit of a stereo system in a boat will drain the battery.

If there's a monitor on the tender and this happens, a phone call can get someone to reset the GFCI and save the better part of a weekend day that would be spent screwing around with a dead battery instead of heading for the launch ramp.

Not really on the GFCI scenario. The monitor requires power to send alerts and such. The GFCI trips, the monitor is dead, no signal to be sent. Unless the app notifies you if a monitor goes offline. Which I can't really see it doing that because that monitor goes between the charger and the battery. If the battery is fully charged, the charger kills the power to the battery and then automatically floats it based on the charging need. So when the battery satisfies it will kill the power to the monitor. Same situation for if a GFCI trips.

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
Pretty sure it will run off the battery its connected to

rrrr

Reaction score
Not really on the GFCI scenario. The monitor requires power to send alerts and such. The GFCI trips, the monitor is dead, no signal to be sent. Unless the app notifies you if a monitor goes offline. Which I can't really see it doing that because that monitor goes between the charger and the battery. If the battery is fully charged, the charger kills the power to the battery and then automatically floats it based on the charging need. So when the battery satisfies it will kill the power to the monitor. Same situation for if a GFCI trips.

I don't think you're right. It monitors the voltage output of the BT, and it operates on DC, not AC. I think when the BT goes dead, the open circuit voltage of the battery will drop below a setpoint and alert the app.

Yep, the monitor is plugged inline with the battery tender DC side. When the AC shuts off it will notice the voltage reduction because the BT fails and alert.

It's a little early to make pronouncements on how it works, since no one here has one and can tell us for sure.

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Definitely seems interesting, of course all my chargers are NOCO, maybe it does its job regardless of charger attached, hmmm

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

I don't think you're right. It monitors the voltage output of the BT, and it operates on DC, not AC. I think when the BT goes dead, the open circuit voltage of the battery will drop below a setpoint and alert the app.

Yep, the monitor is plugged inline with the battery tender DC side. When the AC shuts off it will notice the voltage reduction because the BT fails and alert.

It's a little early to make pronouncements on how it works, since no one here has one and can tell us for sure.
Makes sense. Didn't really think about it being powered by DC. Pretty bone head by me.

rrrr

Reaction score
Definitely seems interesting, of course all my chargers are NOCO, maybe it does its job regardless of charger attached, hmmm

If you install the inline SAE standard connectors that BT uses on your charger wiring it might work. I'm not sure if the setpoints are adjustable in the app, though. A battery tender has a different charging profile than a regular charger, so it might not work correctly.

I'm gonna buy one and see how they operate.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
GFIs don't trip (turn off) due to a power loss, but a wifi router does. That being said, no wifi, no alert, right?

rrrr

Reaction score
GFIs don't trip (turn off) due to a power loss, but a wifi router does. That being said, no wifi, no alert, right?

Some do. Sometimes the characteristics of an attached load will trip it when power returns. For example, I've seen some refrigerators and freezers trip a GFCI. Not everyone's garage has GFCI receptacles either. I was using the scenario as an example.

The router presumably wouldn't be powered by a GFCI circuit since they are usually powered by a regular wall receptacle.

traquer

Reaction score
Prolly won't be sold in CA though lol. I just picked up a new replacement tender in AZ, I will look into this

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
Has anyone got ahold of one yet, i should have one in my hand Thursday or Friday

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
I just got a deltran battery tender two port. I also got the WiFi devices. I think it’s pretty cool.
5EC278BB-5D7C-46F9-A572-CDE88F11726A.png