WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wtb Bimini top dimarco day cruiser

dcashley84

Reaction score
Looking for a white, red, or similar Bimini that matches for a 79 dimarco daycruiser.

Socal area. IMG_4316.jpg

jstnoc

Reaction score
Have a blue canvas one off a 21 schiada. Stainless steel

dcashley84

Reaction score
Does it have all the mounting hardware and straps?
Is it a short or tall top?
I would have to change the color later but atleast I would have a frame :)

Location?
Price?

jstnoc

Reaction score
You will have to check to see if it fits your boat but it should be pretty close. Pictures show the bimini height and I have all brand new quick release flush mount kit pictured. $325.00 for all or $250.00 without the quick release flush mounting kit

CIMG0029.JPG CIMG0085.jpg productimage2_258.gif

dcashley84

Reaction score
Can you send some measurements? Mounting Width so I can see how tall it will be, and length to see if it will cover the seating area.

Also where are you located

jstnoc

Reaction score
It's in my storage in Rancho Cucamonga. I think it is 72-74. I can check this Saturday as I will be up that way.

dcashley84

Reaction score
Yeah it was a buddies buddies boat was being stored at my house and I decided why not have 2 boats and have wife pissed at me :)

guest hs

Reaction score
The yellow boat in my avatar is a Dimarco / Centurion. Didn't that boat you have has some kind of funky drive on the back of it? I think I saw it on Craigslist?

jstnoc

Reaction score
Stern powr drive

It is a good drive just not a lot of service parts available. A lot of them were setup with these drives. I used to have the identical gel scheme closed bow Dimarco.

dcashley84

Reaction score
Yeah we will see how the drive goes. Found the company that sells the parts. Hope they stick around. Will prolly look into conversion to merc drive when it blows if cost effective.

dcashley84

Reaction score
I really wanted to jack the motor for my 79 26 sleekcraft day cruiser but the drive won't handle it as selling the 26. Hope I like this hull. Never been in one.
Not even sure what to expect performance wise out of the blown 502.

guest hs

Reaction score
I have owned 3 of these hulls I keep coming back to them and I have several friends that have them in vdrive version mine have all been jets. These boats are super solid and have a great ride. My boats is 40 years old original gelcoat floor stringers etc. and has one stress crack in the entire boat. My boat is an ex Catalina ski race boat too. My opinion its the best looking mini day cruiser ever produced. The quality strength and ride will be far more superior then that flex deck Sleek Craft, repower that Dimarco with a Bravo I drive and you will have one hell of a boat! I have seen 4 of these over the years with the Stern power outdrive unfortunately not the most attractive drive but have never seen one break Im sure parts are scarce for them and probably a technician to work on it even more scarce. Great boat hope you enjoy it, I sure enjoy mine.

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 65
  • cen2.jpg
    cen2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_1884.jpg
    100_1884.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 192
  • cen5.jpg
    cen5.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_6956.jpg
    IMG_6956.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 69

Rickybobby

Reaction score
I can get measurements of this bimini if your interested??? It can be cut down very easy if you want something lower.

Attachments

• IMG23.JPG
    IMG23.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG24.JPG
    IMG24.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 67

jstnoc

Reaction score
I really wanted to jack the motor for my 79 26 sleekcraft day cruiser but the drive won't handle it as selling the 26. Hope I like this hull. Never been in one.
Not even sure what to expect performance wise out of the blown 502.

I know of two twin turbo dimarcos with these drives with no issues. You are running the power through a transmission which takes away clutch assemblies and banging in and out of gears. I would leave it alone.

92 cole

Reaction score
Looking for a white, red, or similar Bimini that matches for a 79 dimarco daycruiser.

Socal area. View attachment 525988
Have you had any luck with a bimini? I am in L.E also and have a number and card for the guy that built mine, not to spendy and fast! You can come buy and see his work. He is over off the 215 and Oleander. He will do all my upholstery work from now on. I am off Lake and mountain! Mark

dcashley84

Reaction score
I just moved from Elsinore to menifee. Think I have heard of that guy. Does he do open bow conversions also

92 cole

Reaction score
I just moved from Elsinore to menifee. Think I have heard of that guy. Does he do open bow conversions also
I don't know for sure but I what I do know is what he does is top notch and good. I will dig up his number in a few and be back! Mark

92 cole

Reaction score
here you go ---Custom upholstery by Najar.S 951-443-4370. He works with his son and family. I would not recommend if I thought his work was crap. he did my work good. As i said if you want to see his work let me know and you can come by and take a look. If you call you will talk to either Francisco,Juan or victor. Yes they are Latino but every upholstery guy I have used has always done good work. He has a BIG locked yard and will hold your'e boat till it's done and it wont sit for a month. He did my bimini and engine hatch in 7 days. 3 colors on the bimini and 4 on the hatch. Bimini was a stainless frame and stainless mounting hardware also a cover for towing. Mark

92 cole

Reaction score
What was the cost on the Bimini?
I had an engine cover built and stitched also a bimini built all stainless frame 3 colors and it came with a bag cover for towing for 1K he originally quoted me 750.00 for the bimini but I tossed in the engine hatch. As I said 1K for all. Mark