WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTB RC trucks or buggies

copterzach

Reaction score
Anyone have any electric RC trucks or buggies they want to sell? Looking for off road vehicles. I know I missed a couple in the classifieds here on RDP. I know some of y'all have some just taking up space. Let me know. Thanks

rvrrun

Reaction score
depending on the kit, some of that goes for big dust. I have a substantial, vintage R/C collection but I'm not ready to part with any of it. Every time I bought a kit to race, I would buy an extra for parts.

Are you collecting or just looking for old kits to bash?

copterzach

Reaction score
Just some trucks to beat on. I have 3 nitro trucks. But want something a little more kid friendly.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I think Pole Tickle had one.....and a thread.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I have an associated short course truck with a ton of spares and a couple sets of tires. It's the older rear motor set up. Shoot me a pm if your interested.

I also have a couple batteries to go with.

jb600

Highly unusual
Reaction score
Our local Hobby Town takes them in for consignment. Do you have any shops around you that does that? Just a thought.

Edit. How about a local RC club?

rvrrun

Reaction score
Just some trucks to beat on. I have 3 nitro trucks. But want something a little more kid friendly.

How about one of the RTR buggy or trucks. They can be had new for not much more than a couple battery packs (which you would buy new with a used vehicle anyhow). I gave an old race truck to a friend for his son, after adding all the needed parts up an RTR was cheaper. They would not have been comparable on a track, but for bashing just fine.

spectra bash

Reaction score
I have a older hpi savage. Its all there. Lots of extra parts wheels and tires, extra bodies .

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Ive got a excellent thrasher RC truck and a bitching RC dirt bike. Both made venom / atomik. I also have a buggy. I'll make you a package deal for all of it. Buggy and truck work perfect and have a ton of upgrades. The RC dirt bike has a binding issue with the controller, really haven't looked into it. I can post actual pics of them tomorrow.

294978_536184109745894_1603981971_n.jpg hqdefault (1).jpg download.jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score
I might be interested as well and I live close !

copterzach

Reaction score
I have always bought RTR. And upgraded parts later. I am going to look today at new trucks. But I am interested in used ones.

ddevore

Reaction score
I have always bought RTR. And upgraded parts later. I am going to look today at new trucks. But I am interested in used ones.

Check out the exceed stuff on amazon. Not as good as the bigger brands, my buddy got their electric truck for like $150 rtr and some nitro versions for around $200 (needed a starter kit I think).

rvrrun

Reaction score
Check out the exceed stuff on amazon. Not as good as the bigger brands, my buddy got their electric truck for like $150 rtr and some nitro versions for around $200 (needed a starter kit I think).

You used to bad able to buy Associated and Losi rtr buggies this time of year for $160-170 and the trucks for just over $200.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I've got an Associated RC8 1/8 nitro buggy. It is a couple years old now but still competitive. I used to be a mechanic for professional R/C car racers, and was sponsored and raced myself. This car is bulletproof.

No slop in the car at all. RB .21 s7 Worlds engine with Factory Team tuned pipe, with 2 gallons through it - plenty of compression. JR Racing digital servos. Various aluminium upgrades for durability.

It is a full race setup with spares of everything.. you can about build a second car.
Spare brand new RB worlds s7 engine
Spare header and tuned pipe
Spare brand new chassis
Extra set of shocks and all 3 differentials for tuning or spares
Extra shock springs and swaybars for tuning
Extra custom toe blocks for toe and anti squat changes
Extra clutches
Extra wheels and tires
Full extra set of suspension parts, hinge pins and shock components.

IMG_1023.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I think Pole Tickle had one.....and a thread.

Keeping everything I have left...lol

Nothing wrong with a couple traxxas slash 4x4 trucks.....They take an absolute beating

Check out tower hobbies...you can sign up for there club ($10) and they have coupons for like $75 off $300. Buy them on two separate occasions and save huge.

Don't buy cheap un supported cars...when you break them parts are hard to source.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Keeping everything I have left...lol

Nothing wrong with a couple traxxas slash 4x4 trucks.....They take an absolute beating

Check out tower hobbies...you can sign up for there club ($10) and they have coupons for like $75 off $300. Buy them on two separate occasions and save huge.

Don't buy cheap un supported cars...when you break them parts are hard to source.

This.

The Traxxas 1/16 scale cars are great.

rvrrun

Reaction score
I've got an Associated RC8 1/8 nitro buggy. It is a couple years old now but still competitive. I used to be a mechanic for professional R/C car racers, and was sponsored and raced myself.

When was that? I was sponsored by Associated in the late 70's/early 80's, back Gene, Mike Reedy, Gil Losi and Bob Novak were still racing and just starting out. Gene's daughter and I were two of the few who were competitive with stick Tx's.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
When was that? I was sponsored by Associated in the late 70's/early 80's, back Gene, Mike Reedy, Gil Losi and Bob Novak were still racing and just starting out. Gene's daughter and I were two of the few who were competitive with stick Tx's.

Wow that is a who's who of the RC industry!

Late 90s is when I was heaviest involved. Most of the work I did was on the nitro side when 1/10 nitro truck was popular and 1/8 nitro buggy. I did a lot of car prep, engine tuning, and some development work. I hade a couple guys sponsored by Kyosho and Associated that I worked pretty close with.

I raced everything from 1/5 scale on road to 1/10 scale off road. 1/8 scale nitro buggy was and still is my favorite, but I still have my Losi LX-T in a box in my garage as well.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Wow that is a who's who of the RC industry!

Late 90s is when I was heaviest involved. Most of the work I did was on the nitro side when 1/10 nitro truck was popular and 1/8 nitro buggy. I did a lot of car prep, engine tuning, and some development work. I hade a couple guys sponsored by Kyosho and Associated that I worked pretty close with.

I raced everything from 1/5 scale on road to 1/10 scale off road. 1/8 scale nitro buggy was and still is my favorite, but I still have my Losi LX-T in a box in my garage as well.

I have nitro cars and trucks, but only raced electric. Nitro was on its way out for a while when I started, just the 1/8 scale on road guys. I went back into it when 1/10 took over and tried racing on road (RC10L's) but my eyes held me back. I have a bunch of the 4wd on roads that are fun to mess with. I wish they had those, lipo's and brushless when I raced, things have come a long way.

elcajones

Reaction score
You can get a brand new traxxas slash set up with a couple lipo's and a good charger for under $300, Unless you're looking for something special, why buy used.

copterzach

Reaction score
You can get a brand new traxxas slash set up with a couple lipo's and a good charger for under $300, Unless you're looking for something special, why buy used.

I just thought someone might have a few they wanted to unload. Not really looking for a competition level truck/buggy. Maybe get one that's already bullet proof.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
depending on the kit, some of that goes for big dust. I have a substantial, vintage R/C collection but I'm not ready to part with any of it. Every time I bought a kit to race, I would buy an extra for parts.

Are you collecting or just looking for old kits to bash?

Image1481335912.825423.jpg

vintage! brand new in the box! still shrink wrapped from factory

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Pim pretty sure they re-issued that kit, but the originals NIB always bring good money. Cool kit.

I bought it from a hobby shop in havasu.. judging by the amount of dust that was on it i would think it is og.. got it for 115.00

rvrrun

Reaction score
That's about what the lunch box re issue goes for now, maybe a bit more. The re issue was post 2k, so yours has gone up in value.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That's about what the lunch box re issue goes for now, maybe a bit more. The re issue was post 2k, so yours has gone up in value.

Is it worth anything? I was just gonna build it and make it look like pink tacos van

rvrrun

Reaction score
You will have better value building than selling. Maybe $300ish still in shrink wrap.

I have a vintage, 2-stick Futaba Tx NIB if you want to make it totally retro.was going to put it on eBay, but I'll bring it up next trip if you want it.

...and for the $100 you'd spend on a new kit, I'd probably buy one and build that and keep the vintage piece in its shrink wrap. But I go a bit overboard with r/c cars.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You will have better value building than selling. Maybe $300ish still in shrink wrap.

I have a vintage, 2-stick Futaba Tx NIB if you want to make it totally retro.was going to put it on eBay, but I'll bring it up next trip if you want it.

lol.. i'm not that into it. i'll just buy a pistol controller

Tank

Reaction score
The retro cars/trucks are cool - frogger, lunch box, wild Willy, clodbuster, etc. I thought of picking one up.

rvrrun

Reaction score
The retro cars/trucks are cool - frogger, lunch box, wild Willy, clodbuster, etc. I thought of picking one up.

C'mon, sand scorcher, rough rider, bruiser and hilux?

Tamiya outsold associated and losi with the frogger alone, I'm sure.

Tank

Reaction score
C'mon, sand scorcher, rough rider, bruiser and hilux?

Tamiya outsold associated and losi with the frogger alone, I'm sure.

Are they reproducing those?

I just looked up the price for a new clodbuster. $800?! Jesus. I'll take an xmax over that shit.

I still have my original traxxas eagle with Novak and brushed motor. It's about an '89 or so.

rvrrun

Reaction score
The sand scorcher and bruiser are re produced, but like you said, expensive. It's nice for retro geeks, I have a hilux chassis polished built and waiting for a new body and now you can get them new. Can you put a price on shifting a 3 speed R/C transmission?

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I have a couple of old T-Maxx trucks a Team Losi gasser and some electrics I would be willing to part with.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
View attachment 526269

vintage! brand new in the box! still shrink wrapped from factory

I forgot about those!!! Based off the "rolling thunder" diesel van monster truck.

I have a pair of OG tamiya frogs my dad bought me used when I was like 10.

My kids have a few traxxas slash's. they're cheap (ish), reliable, fun and look cool. Way easy to work on too.