WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HID Headlights...aftermarket [emoji90]

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Why the hell do people put these on their crapped out '95 chevy? Freaking things are blinding. [emoji107]
They seem to work fine as OEM on newer vehicles.

Riley1

Reaction score
Pisses me the F off! My wife gets mad when I flash them or flip them off. For good reason too, never know who is driving that pos and what they don't have to lose.

Also add to the list of assholes every stupid POS who lifts their truck w/o touching/aiming the headlights!

rvrrun

Reaction score
Pisses me the F off! My wife gets mad when I flash them or flip them off. For good reason too, never know who is driving that pos and what they don't have to lose.

Also add to the list of assholes every stupid POS who lifts their truck w/o touching/aiming the headlights!

That's the problem, nobody adjusts after a lift or lower. I doubt most people realize such a thing even needs to be done.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
This and those stupid blue bulbs are the worst

Taboma

Reaction score
Plus these aftermarket lamps get installed in headlights without the proper focus and cut-off, so the beam spills out into the eyes of the opposing driver. :grumble:

I honestly can't understand why they're even legal to sell or use.

Now we've got the LED light bar crew running around on the streets with no covers, so best be careful having light duel, least they flip on their 2 billion candlepower instant vaporizer :yikes

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
sounds like y'all had waah burgers and french cries for dinner tonight.....heh.:rolleyes

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
As Taboma stated, the real problem is the headlight lens/reflector.(been there done that:rolleyes)
I put in a set of projector lens headlamps and fired them up with LED emitters. Made a world of difference.

spectras only

Reaction score
^^^
HID units are designed to be housed in projector lenses only, where it won't spread the light pattern. I have them installed in my Viper and also stayed with a 4300K bulb! Anything higher with blue [ 6500+]should be taken off the road, period.

HID%204300K%20%20conversion

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score

You'd hate me lol. But, I at least aimed them down [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

JD D05

Reaction score
I did the morimoto in my 2012 Ford best upgrade I ever did. Truck was stock height. For everyone that got pissed and flashed me didn't matter front windshield was tinted ha. Already ordered a set for the next truck.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
This is my off-road rig. The replacement headlights are JW Speaker - American made - out of the mid west. Real deal they make train head lights. If I take the road home the low beams even after adjusted are like a death ray. :eek If this was a daily driver I would need something else. On the trail they are unreal. Turns night into day. The rest of the lights help as well.

OP - it was not me - I at most drive the 95 straight to my house and usually take the trail home. :D

IMG_0222.jpg