WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Costco Christmas trees

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Anyone ever get theirs there? Never done it and it sounds kinda un-holidayish...lol
I guess the way it works is you pay and get a net wrapped tree, essentially sight unseen. Kinda a gamble but reviews the wife has seen all say the trees are excellent.
Just kind of wondering who's done it.....

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I was there yesterday and the guys at the trailer outside seemed happy to let the customer pick from a tree they liked, and they were no longer in the net? I dunno, this is the first year iv'e seen it at costco like that. that was the one off Nordahl, I imagine you go to the one off Emerald?

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
im thinking on saturday the GF and I are gonna go get one from Costco, looked like a good deal.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Sacrilege! Xmas trees are steel and plastic or aluminum.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I've purchased mine there for the last 5 years. Excellent trees. Sometimes a bald spot but that's just part of it. That being said, this year the trees are significantly smaller than the previous years.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
I am VERY picky when it comes to Xmas trees. I always do a 6-7 ft noble fir. Surprisingly the past 2 yrs I've had great luck at home depot. Got ours on Wed. Went to a handful of local lots with causes but they were all crappy and twice the price a tree should be. 65 bucks OTD with a reusable stand.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
I am VERY picky when it comes to Xmas trees. I always do a 6-7 ft noble fir. Surprisingly the past 2 yrs I've had great luck at home depot. Got ours on Wed. Went to a handful of local lots with causes but they were all crappy and twice the price a tree should be. 65 bucks OTD with a reusable stand.
We also have had a good amount of success with trees from Depot the last few years. Haven't done one from Costco ... actually, didn't know they had trees.

The best trees I had gotten in the past were from a corner lot in Chino. Central and Francis if I remember correctly. Those trees were the most full I've ever had.

I always used to get Nobles, but now I always get Nordmann Firs. Those are the best trees IMO.

We are getting ours on Sunday.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I just got a nice noble 6-7 from Home Depot. I'm picky opened a bunch up. This years trees were really skinny. Found one I liked though IMG_0363.jpg ill put the lights on right now and the kids can decorate it with my wife tomorrow while I'm at work.

McRib

Reaction score
I was so broke one year we pinned a 99 cent pine tree scented air freshener on the wall and put envelops of cash beneath it. I had a pic of it but lost it. It was awesome

rvrrun

Reaction score
I was so broke one year we pinned a 99 cent pine tree scented air freshener on the wall and put envelops of cash beneath it. I had a pic of it but lost it. It was awesome

Every year we pay homage to my first Xmas in this house. I spent my last nickel and hocked everything I had to get it, and closed in Nov. 99. I had a hand me down fake tree and the topper was a decorated paper plate with some tape holding it on top. We still have the original, but my girls make a new paper plate for the tree every year. I'll post a pic when they get this years plate done.

...the air freshener still wins

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I volunteered at a Christmas tree lot back in middle school through my sophomore year of high school. I got pretty damn good at reading the trees while they are still wrapped up. It's pretty easily actually.

You should a seen some of the cars I had to load trees onto. The best was probably 2 7' fairly thin Grands that I tied on top of an original beatle. No joke. The tops were tied to the rear bumper. It was crazy!

McRib

Reaction score
I volunteered at a Christmas tree lot back in middle school through my sophomore year of high school. I got pretty damn good at reading the trees while they are still wrapped up. It's pretty easily actually.

You should a seen some of the cars I had to load trees onto. The best was probably 2 7' fairly thin Grands that I tied on top of an original beatle. No joke. The tops were tied to the rear bumper. It was crazy!

I did the same. My dad was really involved in the YMCA for most of my life. Every Xmas season from when I was 5 till I left for the Marines I worked the YMCA tree lot he ran. I knew it all and no one left with a bad tree. When I hit my teens I did all the tree flocking. I got so good at it folks requested me to do their trees every year. I got kinda artsy with it with wind blown looks and heavy tops and light bottoms like they were in the forest. Like you I could just sniff out the good trees and my customers always ended up choosing the first one I showed them. Xmas trees are a big deal for me. My wife and kids don't get it when we scour the neighboring city's and go through 50 trees before I commit. Lol. The one I choose actually chooses me no matter if it's for me or for someone else. When I got older I actually became they buyer for the lot from the wholesaler. Our lot had the BEST! LOL. total tree nerd! Lol

TrojanDan

Reaction score
I bought a $30 Costco tree a week ago today. I was pleasantly surprised how nice and full it was. :thumbsup

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I did the same. My dad was really involved in the YMCA for most of my life. Every Xmas season from when I was 5 till I left for the Marines I worked the YMCA tree lot he ran. I knew it all and no one left with a bad tree. When I hit my teens I did all the tree flocking. I got so good at it folks requested me to do their trees every year. I got kinda artsy with it with wind blown looks and heavy tops and light bottoms like they were in the forest. Like you I could just sniff out the good trees and my customers always ended up choosing the first one I showed them. Xmas trees are a big deal for me. My wife and kids don't get it when we scour the neighboring city's and go through 50 trees before I commit. Lol. The one I choose actually chooses me no matter if it's for me or for someone else. When I got older I actually became they buyer for the lot from the wholesaler. Our lot had the BEST! LOL. total tree nerd! Lol
I totally get it. My dad was in the Y's Men for the Burbank YMCA. That was the lot I was at. The tips were quiet good too. I loved working that lot. Good stuff!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
If my memory serves me correct I think djunkies family has a Christmas tree farm.
Bah humbug .....wife went with the quick and simple route so we went to home depot instead[emoji4] it is a nice grand fir.🌲

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
We've got trees from Costco for the last 3-4 years. 39.99 for a 7'-8' tree, and they always been perfect! I took my 3 year old daughter this year and let her pick out the one she wanted. She picked the first one she saw, and that was fine with me. Haha.

Although I think maybe next year we'll go to Christmas tree lot for the whole "experience." Although you can sort through the trees and pick out the one you want. There's just not that holiday spirit of a tree lot.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The COSTCO trees have been fresh and last past NYE and that's all that really matters to us.

We've bought tress elsewhere that dried out and were a pile of needles in days.

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
Ive been doing Costco the last few years

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
If my memory serves me correct I think djunkies family has a Christmas tree farm.
Bah humbug .....wife went with the quick and simple route so we went to home depot instead[emoji4] it is a nice grand fir.
Baller:rolleyes

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Shared a condo with a couple friends a long time ago and we decided we were not doing Christmas in our place at all. About a week before, on a Friday night, we were hanging out at home killing some Coors Lights, when we decided to run up to Albertsons for some more beer.

As we were driving out of parking lot, I jumped out of the truck, bear hugged a tree from in front of the store and jumped in to the bed of my buddies truck...he didn't need know what to do at first but then started laughing and hauled ass out of the parking lot.

We proceeded to decorate the tree in empty CL cans and used an empty 12 pack as the tree topper. :D

Needless to say none of our girlfriends were impressed but whenever I talk to my friends to this day, we still laugh at the "Best Christmas tree ever!" :tbi

Meaney77

Reaction score
Costco tree! After years of trees from the Depot we finally switched to Costco a few years ago and have had good luck. It's like a mystery, you don't know what you get until you get home since they are all tied up.
IMG_0872.jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
Finally got our tree last night. Growing up we had vaulted ceilings and would normally get a 12-14' tree. My ceilings are 8', so a 6' tree is all we got. Got a Nordmann last night and will spend tonight decorating it while we drink wine

Taboma

Reaction score
Costco tree! After years of trees from the Depot we finally switched to Costco a few years ago and have had good luck. It's like a mystery, you don't know what you get until you get home since they are all tied up.
View attachment 526290

Nice !! I'm guessing these are Noble fir ? How's the fragrance ?

We've always gotten one from HD, but for $ 40 Costco seems like a deal, plus we have to make a trip this weekend anyway.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
We do Costco every year, Simi is the only one that has had them the past few years, the best part with Costco you can return tree after New Years, just tell them it died.....

westair

Reaction score
Went to home depot this morning, it took 10 min and I was on my way home ..... would've taken two hours if my wife was there

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
We usually get ours from Costco every year delivered. Never had a bad tree in the 4 years we have done this. It is a shame that Costco isn't delivering this year though...:grumble:

Reaction score
For the last 13 years, I go up in the attic, and pull down the box, grab a beer, and spend an hour setting it up. 2 years ago we bought a tree with built in LED lights, so I don't need to string them anymore around the tree. My job is done once the lights are on.;)

milkmoney

Reaction score
I got this pic from the wife I guess this is what it looks like. I will see it next Sunday

IMG_1677.jpg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Our tree is done. Eli said it's his and we had to buy Noah one so we ended up w two trees. IMG_0374.jpg IMG_0375.jpg