WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DougWright building 32 Race Boat

noli

Reaction score

Doug Wright of Doug Wright Designs is building a 32 foot Race catamaran boat to compete in the 2017 race season. The build shall incorporate his traditional build components that makes his hull perform extraordinarily well on the race course. But sources say that this particular build will include some non-traditional boat building methods and materials which will make it very competitive on the race circuit. I tried asking what those methods and materials are, but customer has requested to not disclose the info at this time. I'll be following this build closely and release information as it becomes available to me....more to follow.

noli

Reaction score

Pics of the new hull being vacuum bagged. The canopy safety cell being laid up utilizing lightweight strong materials.

Photo Credit: Doug Wright

click on image

Enen

Reaction score
Love seeing these build threads!

noli

Reaction score

The green deck material is foam. The foam is used to make the boat light and strong. The hull will be popped from molds today. Then a new DW32 Race boat build will be started as soon as the molds are available. I'll start a new thread on that build.

[
URL=http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/Noli1012/media/doug_wright/32_Race/2017/january/IMG_1535.jpg.html]
IMG_1535.jpg
[/URL]