WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tahiti Offshore 23 DECK BUILD

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Cleaned up the ole 23' placecraft molds and we start production this week.
IMG_4567.jpg
simple variation. Silvers with red pins, deep blue.

Stock Power 6.2MAG 350HP Bravo 1
Faria Gauges are back into style
Lots of cupholders and Kicker Stereo
Bimini Top and rolling on a standard Extreme Trailer.
IMG_4917.jpg
IMG_4916.jpg
IMG_4998.jpg

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Joel is laying it down on this one?
Good to see:thumbsup

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Joel is laying it down on this one?
Good to see:thumbsup

I had to light a fire and get him rolling, but the last few boats have turned out great. He has a few boats left in him still. :)

Goodtime$

Reaction score
IMG_5033.jpg
Bottom being laminated.
IMG_5058.jpg
Deck all ready to be sprayed when the weather warms up

Fresh one out getting a 300XS Optimax
IMG_5037.jpg

Merry Christmas....See you at the LA SHOW in pomona

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Hope you got that part out of Joel before the holidays.

Otherwise, he may be in a food coma.
I have eaten my share of tamales in my day. I'm here to tell you, No one makes better tamales than Joels mom. No one!
If I had access to that on the holidays I'd need a wheelchair to roll around the molds after. :cool

Goodtime$

Reaction score
She sold out of tamales this winter. Too much food!!!!

Happy New Year. Boat is out and ready to bond.

IMG_5126.jpg

badluck24/7

Reaction score
Enjoyed talking with Todd and Joel today at the boat show. Really like how this boat is coming together. Can't wait to see the finished product. Really peaked my interest with this one.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
IMG_5371.jpg
IMG_5338.jpg
IMG_5343.jpg

We had the interior done in 5 days for the show. I have to say thanks to Eddie @ Martinez. Those guys throttled down and got it done. Lots of work left to do. Motor is coming and we are wiring the boat now.

Thanks to everyone who came down. 1 by 1, we get them done.

- [email protected]

mragu

Reaction score
Todd, On the LA boat show thread, RDP stated that you have some center console molds. What molds do you have around 24 to 26 feet? Are they in production? Thanks, Mike

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Todd, On the LA boat show thread, RDP stated that you have some center console molds. What molds do you have around 24 to 26 feet? Are they in production? Thanks, Mike

Mike: I have a new 23 coming out. Similar looks to a 23T contender. Foward seating, full fishy bait tank set up.

We have the 31CC tooling from Larry Smith, its a classic design like the Scarab 302 Sport.

35 Tournament SH Tools. We are tooling a new console with foward lounge right now. plug is done.

23 will be done summer time. The bottom mold is complete and i just started the cap ring plug.

IMG_3886.jpg

hallett21

Reaction score
Mike: I have a new 23 coming out. Similar looks to a 23T contender. Foward seating, full fishy bait tank set up.

We have the 31CC tooling from Larry Smith, its a classic design like the Scarab 302 Sport.

35 Tournament SH Tools. We are tooling a new console with foward lounge right now. plug is done.

23 will be done summer time. The bottom mold is complete and i just started the cap ring plug.

View attachment 535444

Interested in the 23. Have you come up with pricing yet?

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Interested in the 23. Have you come up with pricing yet?

Not yet, but im sure we will come close to the big production guys when we are done.
I made sure it will rig a single 250/300 or T150/200s on the transom which is key for selling boats South of the Border or Hawaii where twins is an asset with no Sea Tow Vessel Assist. Our little 177 Surf Skiff was just a touch small. Still a cool boat so i decided to make the 23.

IMG_2533.jpg

My goal is to hit $60K with DF300APX Suzuki rigged out. No Electronics but loaded boat.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Update on this one?

The Interior is out of it, we are wiring the boat up and changing some interior pieces out. It was a quick rig for the LA Show and now we are finishing her.
Will have pics when I get the interior back in.

I have a couple motors on order from Mercury, they lagg. So 2-3 weeks we should have motors in the sold boats.

Thanks!

- Todd

Goodtime$

Reaction score
To this day I've never seen one of these with an outboard, do you have any finished pics of the 21 TPR?

Ron Hamilton claimed to do a couple of the old 22 placecrafts with 300XS, but lost the pictures. 90s era.

The 21 Deck 300XS boat is at interior getting patterned. We pushed the floor back so its getting some custom stuff. When I get it into rigging I will post pics in a new thread.
TH Atlast Jackplate
Uflex Steering Kit
Merc Monitor
Billet pedal

should be a cool little carlsbad lagoon runner.

Thanks Dan- See you guys at the show.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Bad ass!! That has to be the first one done with an OB.. Congrats... Any word on performance?

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Bad ass!! That has to be the first one done with an OB.. Congrats... Any word on performance?

Ok we put a smaller 24 4blade on it and it runs mid 70s with motor breaking in.

The goal is 80 plus so we are ditching the heavy TH Atlas jackplate and going with a race style 16" setback billet and will spin a 28 4blade. Boat needs more lift.

awesome set up, we inserted the backseat and added a U Shape back seat.

RaceTec

Reaction score
What is the difference between the 23' and the old placecraft 22'? Does the 23' offer better rough water handling?

jesco

Reaction score
What is the difference between the 23' and the old placecraft 22'? Does the 23' offer better rough water handling?

2 things that I know of (1) Bow comes to a slight point instead of squared off (2) Built in swim step...not sure if anything else changed, Goodtime$ can answer that

Congrats on the success Goodtime$, bots are looking great.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
2 things that I know of (1) Bow comes to a slight point instead of squared off (2) Built in swim step...not sure if anything else changed, Goodtime$ can answer that

Congrats on the success Goodtime$, bots are looking great.

Thanks bud!

I know the bottoms are pretty close because my Extreme trailers say Shockwave 22 deck as the model I order. Kinda funny customers trip out
Ours has a deeper cockpit and integrated swimsteps.

Shockwave tuned the bottom on theirs and extended the bow seating and shortened the entry step.
Im confident the sponsons and center pod are identical.
The placecraft is the only style tunnel with symmetrical outer sponsons ( like mini V bottoms)

We made an insert tool to open the bow seating up larger as everyone asks for that. We will have that model at the Havasu show in November.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
IMG_9889.jpg
A day late on delivery, but customer is rocking. Week in havasu, bimini and new prop got installed today and jamming.
Customer is Mike and April, he used to work for placecraft back in the day, now resides in Nor Cal. Say hi if you see him, awesome family!!!!!

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
View attachment 593205
A day late on delivery, but customer is rocking. Week in havasu, bimini and new prop got installed today and jamming.
Customer is Mike and April, he used to work for placecraft back in the day, now resides in Nor Cal. Say hi if you see him, awesome family!!!!!
SOB...... That is me in the background. They pulled up and I immediately recognized that it was a Tahiti. Boat looks freaking fantastic on the water! They cruised past earlier this evening again and I made the comment to my girl that the boat looked brand new. Nice work from the Tahiti camp on that one!!

StevieHops

Reaction score

View attachment 535444

@DrunkenSailor