WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1977 Hallett Mini Day Cruiser

Oliver1421

Reaction score
I bought this boat in April of 2015 and have done tons of work to it and it just doesn't end. I've met a ton of cool people along the way and have learned a lot. Here are some pics of when I first got it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 371
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 372
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 380
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 548

Oliver1421

Reaction score
Since I bought this boat here is a list of what I have done to it:
New stock 460 Bbf
New Berkeley split bowl pump w/ detailed A impeller and bowl, fresh white powder coat
New Hydraulic Place Diverter and low pro cable setup
New floor
New aluminum gas tanks
New wiring
New plumbing
New billet deck hardware
New billet swim step brackets
New interior
New stereo
Color sand and buff

Here are some pics of how it looks now:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 299
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 308
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 340
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 332
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 483

Oliver1421

Reaction score
And of course I don't know how to leave any thing alone so I decided that I needed to build a twin turbo 514ci BBF since I went all last season on a fresh build with zero issues. Everyone tells me I'm dumb for building a Ford but I'm a Ford guy and everyone builds Chevys. Well here's what I'm working with now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 264

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
From stock bbf to turbo 514 in one post.lol I like the french stitch diamond insert in the tuck and roll. Updates it but keeps it nostalgia. It would be cool if everything stayed under the cover, total sleeper.

Oliver1421

Reaction score
From stock bbf to turbo 514 in one post.lol I like the french stitch diamond insert in the tuck and roll. Updates it but keeps it nostalgia. It would be cool if everything stayed under the cover, total sleeper.

That's what the plan is but that hatch will need to be modified to keep everything under there. I wish this hull was just a little deeper!

Oliver1421

Reaction score

Thanks for the kind words, I wanted to update the boat but not take away the 70's nostalgia. As far as the motor situation is concerned... Well I guess u can say it wasn't fast enough lol.

Oliver1421

Reaction score
Finally located a set of near brand new Ray Jay 301E10's. Now it's time to start plumbing this thing!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 221

Oliver1421

Reaction score
Decided yesterday was a good day to spend some time designing a front motor plate on Solidworks for my rail kit I'm building. I cut this one out of steel on my CNC Plasma but still decided to make a few changes afterwords. It's got an integrated alternator mount and adjuster, coil mount, fuel pump window, and the ability to run an adjustable billet timing pointer. Pretty happy with the outcome but I am going to cut another plate with the included changes before I pull the trigger on having the final 3/8" aluminum plate water jet and machined.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 209

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Decided yesterday was a good day to spend some time designing a front motor plate on Solidworks for my rail kit I'm building. I cut this one out of steel on my CNC Plasma but still decided to make a few changes afterwords. It's got an integrated alternator mount and adjuster, coil mount, fuel pump window, and the ability to run an adjustable billet timing pointer. Pretty happy with the outcome but I am going to cut another plate with the included changes before I pull the trigger on having the final 3/8" aluminum plate water jet and machined.

That's awesome!

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I wanted to make a crack about it being a Ford, but it's way to sweet to say anything negative about, even as a joke. Looking forward to seeing this thing progress. :tbi

Oliver1421

Reaction score
I wanted to make a crack about it being a Ford, but it's way to sweet to say anything negative about, even as a joke. Looking forward to seeing this thing progress. :tbi

Lol, makes me feel a lot better, everyone gives me shit for building a Ford. Hopefully she's a runner! I appreciate the nice words man!

Oliver1421

Reaction score
Picked up the twins and got them mocked up to start figuring out plumbing. I need to get with Alexi from Boostpower Marine to have him start building my new carb. I'm new to the whole turbo deal and he has been very helpful by answering any questions I have and spending time explaining things to me. Great dude for sure with a ton of knowledge

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 229

jstnoc

Reaction score
Very nice work! Cool boat! Who did your interior?

Oliver1421

Reaction score
Very nice work! Cool boat! Who did your interior?

Thank you very much! I had the interior done last April by Martinez Marine Interiors in Corona. Eddie and his crew do amazing work for a fair price. I'm thoroughly amazed and will be back if I get another boat. Give him a call if u ever need anything done.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
So badass. I wish my old day cruiser was this nice...

Oliver1421

Reaction score
So badass. I wish my old day cruiser was this nice...

Thank you! Lots of time and money and u can make any turd nice. When I bought this boat it was pretty rough, I didn't even know it was metal flake gold. It looked brown and white, until I started color sanding and buffing it. Then I gutted it and redid everything after the first season, now the second season has passed and here comes the turbo motor lol.i just hope I don't regret it!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Thank you! Lots of time and money and u can make any turd nice. When I bought this boat it was pretty rough, I didn't even know it was metal flake gold. It looked brown and white, until I started color sanding and buffing it. Then I gutted it and redid everything after the first season, now the second season has passed and here comes the turbo motor lol.i just hope I don't regret it!

The brown metalflake is icing on the cake IMHO

I think the only way to regret something like this, is if you try to get the money out that you'll no doubt have put in.
Not saying that as a knock at all, cool toys with motors are never cheap but they're fucking cool as shit when done right :thumbsup

Hammer

Reaction score
514 BBF [emoji41] then to add turbos is icing on the cake. [emoji1303]are you going dyno the motor?

Thanks for posting! [emoji1303]

Great build!

Oliver1421

Reaction score
514 BBF [emoji41] then to add turbos is icing on the cake. [emoji1303]are you going dyno the motor?

Thanks for posting! [emoji1303]

Great build!

Thanks I appreciate the kind words. The motor will get dynoed before it goes into the boat by Alexi from Boostpower Marine. I don't wanna try to do it myself and constantly be messing with it. Alexi has a ton of experience with twin turbo setups so I'll just bite the bullet.

Oliver1421

Reaction score
The brown metalflake is icing on the cake IMHO

I think the only way to regret something like this, is if you try to get the money out that you'll no doubt have put in.
Not saying that as a knock at all, cool toys with motors are never cheap but they're fucking cool as shit when done right :thumbsup

I use my boat a lot so i feel like I get my money's worth out of it. Last season I snuck in 22 river trips with my boat!

wash11

Reaction score
Oh man, this thing is bitchen. I'm a sucker for metal flake. They really nailed the interior and please don't ever change that steering wheel.

Oliver1421

Reaction score
Oh man, this thing is bitchen. I'm a sucker for metal flake. They really nailed the interior and please don't ever change that steering wheel.

Thanks man! I put that steering wheel on after I got the interior done, I thought it was the icing on the cake.

Oliver1421

Reaction score
I've been really busy but I've been steadily making progress. Motor is just about ready to go to the dyno. My appointment is set for March 27th. Should be more than ready to light the candles on this thing!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 211

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Made it to the dyno and have had the boat on the water the last two weekends in a row. Just been lagging on posting anything on here.

so for folks that are following along, begging for the next installment, its kinda like a fat kid waiting for donuts to come out of the fryer.....

seriously, if you start a thread, for the love of god man, post up the finale.
:p:p:p:p

Oliver1421

Reaction score
Well here are some pics for you guys, motor made 880hp 962ft lbs tq on The dyno at Westech Performance group.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 260
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 254
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 253
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 236
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 266

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Those are stout numbers on a single carb dealio.

Nice job and rewarding when all that hard work pays off.

Oliver1421

Reaction score
Those are stout numbers on a single carb dealio.

Nice job and rewarding when all that hard work pays off.

Thank you very much! Feels good to finally drive this thing. A lot of people trip out since it's a Ford. The only reason I built it was to be different than everyone else. Tons of twin turbo Chevys out there.

lenmann

Reaction score
Very cool boat, totally digging the retro-sleeper theme.

Beautiful work on the motor plates too.

Have fun!

Roosta

Reaction score
Good on ya for building a bad ass Ford! Awesome boat!