WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hard line or fade on new gel help

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
I'm doing a half cap front and back, but having a hard time with the gel part of it on the front. Mostly where to blend. I know the yellow is tough to blend, it's also oxidized. Going to reshoot the yellow, but trying decide whether to clear over the yellow and have a hard line. Or to shoot clear back farther and try to blend the clear onto the blue and white areas. I have had a boat regelled and had hardlines that really stuck out, and I hated that. What say ye?

IMG_2116.JPG
IMG_2211.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
Not an expert by any means but won't the clear over the white turn yellow after time in the sun? I have always thought that was the case. If that's true, I would run a hard line where the blue and white meet. Just my .02 though. Let us know what you decide to do and throw up some pics for us to see of your project. ;)

BTW, CRS looks empty. :D

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
Not an expert by any means but won't the clear over the white turn yellow after time in the sun? I have always thought that was the case. If that's true, I would run a hard line where the blue and white meet. Just my .02 though. Let us know what you decide to do and throw up some pics for us to see of your project. ;)

BTW, CRS looks empty. :D

It was actually pretty busy this last summer. I miss when it was a ghost town lol. At this point I'm going to have them try to fade the clear to blend it so you can't tell. The hard line bothers me. Hopefully it turns out well

Backlash

Reaction score
I'm sure it will turn out nice. Who is going to spray it for you? Local Parker/Havasu or are you taking it home and having a shop there do the work?

My parents made quite a few trips out there this year but I was stuck here in L.A. slaving away on our neverending home remodel. We only made two or three trips out this year.

Stay safe and I'm looking forward to the progress!

Henry