WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

When you hit the wrong remote

Singleton

Reaction score
F me. Hit the wrong remote leaving the storage condo. I had the garage latch in the locked position; end result is Singleton spending more money today beside the stereo upgrade I just scheduled with SPL2K.
IMG_0687.jpg
IMG_0688.jpg

DWC

Reaction score
I thought that was your boat that he posted. What are you having done?

Singleton

Reaction score
I thought that was your boat that he posted. What are you having done?

Have not seen the post, is that on Facebook?
Entire new system being installed and adding removable speaker pods so we can enjoy some music when floating outside the boat without killing the interior speakers.

DWC

Reaction score
It's on Instagram. The pods are a great idea. I had a free standing wet sounds pro 485 for the same thing in my Magic. It was a pain to haul out but load and clear as anything out there.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
That sucks, luckily it doesn't look too bad. I have a manual roll up door at my storage unit so luckily I cant do that .

Seems like a backer plate behind that latch would help straighten the fold there.

Ultra247

Reaction score
I've got dual roll up doors at the house and I've gone through three latches in a year. Fortunately, they are mounted inside on the frame so it simply twists the latch. At this point, the first thing I do when we get in is unlock the latches and the last thing before we leave is to lock them. Anyone pushes the button before I get them unlocked and "here we go again". Royal pain in the butt!!!!:grumble:

Singleton

Reaction score
That sucks, luckily it doesn't look too bad. I have a manual roll up door at my storage unit so luckily I cant do that .

Seems like a backer plate behind that latch would help straighten the fold there.

My old rental unit had that type of door. When I purchased this place, I installed the opener. Hoping we can just fix the panel. Door still works so I got lucky.

Taboma

Reaction score
Can't you adjust the tension on the opener to where it won't rip the latch off ?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Put a second latch on the other side and that won't happen again.[emoji106]

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Two things come to mind with that:

1) why doesn't the garage door opener have a stall shut down, and if it does and still did that, you have way to big of an opener on the door.

2) Doesn't that give you all kinds of warm and fuzzy feelings about how secure that latch actually is? That would mean one small crow bar at the bottom could force the door up tearing the latch off.

With either one of these, it appears some work is needed.

Singleton

Reaction score
Two things come to mind with that:

1) why doesn't the garage door opener have a stall shut down, and if it does and still did that, you have way to big of an opener on the door.

2) Doesn't that give you all kinds of warm and fuzzy feelings about how secure that latch actually is? That would mean one small crow bar at the bottom could force the door up tearing the latch off.

With either one of these, it appears some work is needed.

Latch stayed in the lock position until I was able to unlock it. It did its job, and it was a PIA to unlock. Opener has a stall and damage looks worse then it is IMO.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Thats just sheet metal. Grab a hammer and smack it back into shape.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I will raise your dents and add what somebody left me.

storage..jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
Score. Jerry from Just Garage Door fixed the door in 10 minutes! He told me, call when you have a real problem. Great service and he earned all my future Havasu garage repairs!