WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This rain... WTF?

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Dunno about blasting walkers...:(

They would probabably rather be in a vehicle, but whatever...

BasilHayden

Reaction score
We need the rain....have you not heard SoCa is in a severe drought?

Suck it up buttercups...a few days of rain won't kill you...:lmao

Just deal for a few more weeks, and all will be right again. :thumbup:

No offence meant as we certainly need water, but we catch almost no water in So Cal, We need snowpack in the western Rockies as almost all of our water comes from Powell and Mead. Sure a small amount perks down to our underground storage, but how many of you are on wells? We are mostly dependent on the water districts who are dependent on water coming from the Colorado, I sure wouldn't count on Moonbeam saving some to send to you, because the smelt may need it more than you. I'd prefer my teams were working on roofs and it was dumping snow on the western slope, just my 2 cents. Good news is they are currently well above normal in the western slope, should be a good water year!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
No offence meant as we certainly need water, but we catch almost no water in So Cal, We need snowpack in the western Rockies as almost all of our water comes from Powell and Mead. Sure a small amount perks down to our underground storage, but how many of you are on wells? We are mostly dependent on the water districts who are dependent on water coming from the Colorado, I sure wouldn't count on Moonbeam saving some to send to you, because the smelt may need it more than you. I'd prefer my teams were working on roofs and it was dumping snow on the western slope, just my 2 cents. Good news is they are currently well above normal in the western slope, should be a good water year!
You kinda left out one of the largest sources of LA water... the Owen's River. Aka the Sierra Nevada snowpack.

rrrr

Reaction score

The need for running my landscaping sprinklers is another nice thing about our drought ending. I haven't had my timer in automatic mode since January 2015.

I don't think I've run them more than ten times in two years. The pool hasn't needed much water either. In the summer of 2014 we had a couple of water bills that were over $200.

traquer

Reaction score

I don't think I've run them more than ten times in two years. The pool hasn't needed much water either. In the summer of 2014 we had a couple of water bills that were over $200.

BTW what's normal for a pool? My 25k pool will lose a quarter/half inch a week if it's warm. That's quite a bit of water

G. Faulk

Reaction score
BTW what's normal for a pool? My 25k pool will lose a quarter/half inch a week if it's warm. That's quite a bit of water

Totally normal. If you had lawn in the place of your pool it would be more then what your pools going through.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Over it is an understatement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 9

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Natures way of raising the levels of the lakes and rivers we boat on. For you with lawn sprinklers, your water bill will be lower if you've remembered to set your sprinkler timers to "off" or to "rain" setting.

I have not watered my grass in over 3 weeks.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
We need the rain....have you not heard SoCa is in a severe drought?

Suck it up buttercups...a few days of rain won't kill you...:lmao

Just deal for a few more weeks, and all will be right again. :thumbup:

There's an ocean next to CA. We don't have a water problem, we have a salt problem.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
It has been consistently raining for over 3 hours now. Tons of water. Looking forward to splashing the boat in Elsinore soon.

Just Ducky

Reaction score
we have had 4 inches on the rain gauge just today here in lomita and its still coming down.i love it .the lakes will be full of water for this spring yeeessss.:thumbsup

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
about 2 1/2 inch here in San Dimas and still coming down like crazy

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Been raining pretty hard at our place in Valencia for most of the day. Our flower beds are overflowing. We haven't had to use our sprinklers in about 3 weeks which is good.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
It's been raining since like midnight in SCV and hasn't stopped. Patio is flooded and the outside of my front patio is flooded. Crazy

rvrrun

Reaction score
I got a new pool...

IMG_3049.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3048.jpg
    IMG_3048.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 10

bajagrom

Reaction score
IMG_8501.jpg This is a creek feeding my local lake. The road that the water is flowing over is about 5-8 feet above ground.

92 cole

Reaction score
This cracks my ass up. Everybody bitches about low water in the lakes and now bitches about the rain we need to fill the lakes. Just can win. I am in Elsinore and love every bit of it. Mark

4Waters

Reaction score
I am loving the rain as well a little bored but loving it. I just hate the winds and cold when it's not raining.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
This cracks my ass up. Everybody bitches about low water in the lakes and now bitches about the rain we need to fill the lakes. Just can win. I am in Elsinore and love every bit of it. Mark
Love it too! Keep it coming all winter is what I am saying.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Awww you poor babies!! Since Wednesday we've had over 9" at Rocky Butte.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
It won't stop. Steady, hard rain since 12pm here in Murrieta. It's still going and forecast says it won't stop until 3pm tomorrow. Lots of roads closed around town and some idiots thought it would be a good idea to test their new truck out in the wash with a kid in the car and had to be rescued.....

rvrrun

Reaction score
It won't stop. Steady, hard rain since 12pm here in Murrieta. It's still going and forecast says it won't stop until 3pm tomorrow. Lots of roads closed around town and some idiots thought it would be a good idea to test their new truck out in the wash with a kid in the car and had to be rescued.....

Was thinking about you guys when the news showed your entire area on flood watch. It's been calm here for a few hours, but supposed to pick back up in an hour or two.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Got my ass handed to me at work today. Not sure why peeps think they can drive normal speed when there is standing water on the road..Glad we are getting the rain because we sure need it

JM21

Reaction score

Where was the rescue at Joe?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
We're trying to condense and pack shit for our move, and "lucky" for us our entire garage flooded FML

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Little hail at work in Ontario.

Attachments

• IMG_6990.jpg
    IMG_6990.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6991.jpg
    IMG_6991.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6993.jpg
    IMG_6993.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 9

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Awesome, not quite cold enough in Upland I guess.

At least that means Baldy is getting blasted.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
I hope it keeps up!! I could take a month off unpaid with how much my next check is gonna be!

traquer

Reaction score
Not the best day at the pad today. This happened in the morning. Luckily it didn't hit the house and good thing it's not my tree.

tree 2.jpg tree 1.jpg