WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Road Rage Vent.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Was leaving Home Depot this morning and I cut someone off trying to avoid some knuckle head in the rain.

He immediately starts honking at me and gets in front of me and slams his brakes and prevents me from getting around him. I think at that moment I flicked him off.

I finally get in the left turn lane and he gets right next to me and starts cussing at me. I rolled down the window to tell him my bad.

At that moment things went to 0 to 100 real quick. He goes reaching for something in his door and gets of his car and starts going ballistic. He was fishing for a fight which I wanted no part off. I verbally just tried to de-escalate the situation. He continues to call me a bitch and that I'm not as hard as I think now that he's in my face.

Finally the light turn greens and I leave driving staright to the police station by my house in case he tried to follow me.

In retrospect I shouldn't have tried to reason with him in the first place. The only thing I had in my car to keep some distance was pepper spray.

Well just needed to get that off my chest. Didn't tell my wife since I didn't want to freak her out.

Anyone else have any road rage moments in their life?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Was leaving Home Depot this morning and I cut someone off trying to avoid some knuckle head in the rain.

He immediately starts honking at me and gets in front of me and slams his brakes and prevents me from getting around him. I think at that moment I flicked him off.

I finally get in the left turn lane and he gets right next to me and starts cussing at me. I rolled down the window to tell him my bad.

At that moment things went to 0 to 100 real quick. He goes reaching for something in his door and gets of his car and starts going ballistic. He was fishing for a fight which I wanted no part off. I verbally just tried to de-escalate the situation. He continues to call me a bitch and that I'm not as hard as I think now that he's in my face.

Finally the light turn greens and I leave driving staright to the police station by my house in case he tried to follow me.

In retrospect I shouldn't have tried to reason with him in the first place. The only thing I had in my car to keep some distance was pepper spray.

Well just needed to get that off my chest. Didn't tell my wife since I didn't want to freak her out.

I had a guy purposely cut me off in Burbank once cause he thought I was driving too fast. Made me slam on my brakes and send my dog into the dash of my Yukon. It took everything I had to keep from pulling his tiny ass out through his window at the light.

Also had a guy, for no reason that I was aware of, try to run me off the 101 in North Hollywood. That one kinda scared me cause it was 5am almost no traffic, and I had no clue what was that guy's deal.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Yeah, seems like every time we visit Ca. My wife jokes each time we see the "Welcome to California" sign, that I'm like Jekyll and Hyde behind the wheel. Instead of the country road wave usually consisting of index and middle fingers, my index finger gets lazy and my hand does an about face. I just tell her the higher number of cars and "California attitude drivers" simply multpies the odds of a single finger salute. Other than that I have no explanation. We go to Phoenix, Dallas, Chicago, Indy, never seems to happen. But as quickly as we enter Blythe, there it is.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Everyday.... everyday. I finally bought a dash cam.

The best ones are always the ones that almost cause an accident and you do your best to avoid their dumbfuckery and honk at them. Then they give you the finger... Never understood that one.

I carry a can of bear spray in every vehicle, CHP officer friend told me it's about the best thing you can carry short of a gun.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Pull out a cellphone, start recoding and that will calm most people down.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Given you were avoiding someone and apologized to the guy was about the best thing you could do. Some people you just can't make happy.

I had an incident the beginning of this year. Guy saw me in his mirror and still cut me off... Almost cost me my service truck which provides my income. He just throws a peace sign like no big deal. I catch up to him to and give him the finger because he deserved it after his stupid move. He gives me the whats the big deal look with the upward facing palm. He then wanted to start something on the side of the road.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I get cut off all the time in the work trucks. Or they pull out right in front of me and take forever to get up to speed limit. New work trucks are by no means slow, i always drive fast. Started to get used to it and know all the spots locally to stay on the guy in front of me ass. My truck might weigh 12k pounds but it I will not slow you down unless you are doing 20+ over speed limit.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I get cut off all the time in the work trucks. Or they pull out right in front of me and take forever to get up to speed limit. New work trucks are by no means slow, i always drive fast. Started to get used to it and know all the spots locally to stay on the guy in front of me ass. My truck might weigh 12k pounds but it I will not slow you down unless you are doing 20+ over speed limit.

Ain't that the truth. I bet you get the people that when you are going the flow speed of traffic and move into the same lane as them they have to go flying past you then cut you off? How well do the newer work trucks stop?

82daytona

Reaction score

X2 people drive like shit around work trucks [emoji57]

NicPaus

Reaction score
Ain't that the truth. I bet you get the people that when you are going the flow speed of traffic and move into the same lane as them they have to go flying past you then cut you off? How well do the newer work trucks stop?
Guy did it earlier tries to pass me to turn right at next street. Crokennels was plastered on his truck. Probably a pit bull breeder. They stop great but I hate having my tools fly forward. I love it when they try a Asshole pass and there pos can't even power past my Truck when I get on it. Does not happen in my regular truck.

buck35

Reaction score
Pull out a cellphone, start recoding and that will calm most people down.

Im a gun advocate, but there are too many crazy folks out there for that . Ijust look away and continue, granted I don't live in a high traffic area like you all do but , just ignore dumbasses looking for a battle as they probably have less to lose.

Tank

Reaction score
Good for you for not buying into that bullshit and Being the bigger man by accepting responsibility. Sounds like the other dude was just a douche bag! Two stories for you of my experienced road rage.

1) I had my son in the car and was distracted by him needing something (he was like 4 at the time) I pull out of a shopping ctr and roll the stop sign look in the mirror and realize cut a hero off that now totally tail gating me. He passes me rolls his window down cussing and flipping me off and screaming. I wave through closed windows and say sorry. He stops short at the red light I pull next to him roll my window down and he starts yelling at me. I apologize, tell him my head was up my ass and distracted by my kid and sat totally my bad. The dude was totally taken aback and didn't know what to say. He paused and said, thanks dude. Cool of you to apologize. Lol

Second was the wife and I heading to blockbuster (yea, that long ago). Car pulls out of the bar down the street driving 15 in a 40 swerving, I pass him in the two way left turn lane to the left. This pisses him off he speeds up tailgating me now. Once there's two lanes the passenger rolls his window down throws his cigarette at my truck mother fucking me. At the light dude swerves in front of me gets out of his car and rushes up to my window. He was homie looking, I didn't know if he was armed or what. My windows are tinted rolled up and he comes up challenging me to get out of the car, he punches my window HARD but it doesn't break. I pull my gun out, roll my window down pint of at him and tell him to get the fuck away from my truck. He steps back at first out last his hands up and then pauses and says, that's not a real gun fuckin shoot me go ahead shoot me. We get into a verbal argument over if the guns real etc. he's drunk and stupid I argue with him for a minute then turn my wheels all the way to the left and floor it to leave. He jumps back in his car and splits. Fuckin dumb ass. I called the police gave them the info but they were gone.

Whole time I soooo wanted to dump this asshole but couldn't stop thinking about how it would basically ruin my and my families lives. Civil, criminal actions to follow etc.

Road rage is so fuckin stupid. I've been cut off countless times and most likely have cut people off countless times. Shit happens.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Last summer coming back from a race in Redding we had some idiot in a little car brake check me while trying to keep me from passing another truck and trailer while pulling a hill. I had 8000 pounds behind my truck and rather than cause an accident with the cars behind and next to me by slamming on my breaks I dropped a gear hit the loud pedal and layed on the train horn. When his trunk lid disappeared under my hood and the chick in the backseat started screaming at him he decided that may not have been the best idea and took off. How truckers deal with this shit is beyond me?

Typically I just let them take off and don't let it get to me. In 5 minutes I'll never have to see the idiot again.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Good for you for not buying into that bullshit and Being the bigger man by accepting responsibility. Sounds like the other dude was just a douche bag! Two stories for you of my experienced road rage.

1) I had my son in the car and was distracted by him needing something (he was like 4 at the time) I pull out of a shopping ctr and roll the stop sign look in the mirror and realize cut a hero off that now totally tail gating me. He passes me rolls his window down cussing and flipping me off and screaming. I wave through closed windows and say sorry. He stops short at the red light I pull next to him roll my window down and he starts yelling at me. I apologize, tell him my head was up my ass and distracted by my kid and sat totally my bad. The dude was totally taken aback and didn't know what to say. He paused and said, thanks dude. Cool of you to apologize. Lol

Second was the wife and I heading to blockbuster (yea, that long ago). Car pulls out of the bar down the street driving 15 in a 40 swerving, I pass him in the two way left turn lane to the left. This pisses him off he speeds up tailgating me now. Once there's two lanes the passenger rolls his window down throws his cigarette at my truck mother fucking me. At the light dude swerves in front of me gets out of his car and rushes up to my window. He was homie looking, I didn't know if he was armed or what. My windows are tinted rolled up and he comes up challenging me to get out of the car, he punches my window HARD but it doesn't break. I pull my gun out, roll my window down pint of at him and tell him to get the fuck away from my truck. He steps back at first out last his hands up and then pauses and says, that's not a real gun fuckin shoot me go ahead shoot me. We get into a verbal argument over if the guns real etc. he's drunk and stupid I argue with him for a minute then turn my wheels all the way to the left and floor it to leave. He jumps back in his car and splits. Fuckin dumb ass. I called the police gave them the info but they were gone.

Whole time I soooo wanted to dump this asshole but couldn't stop thinking about how it would basically ruin my and my families lives. Civil, criminal actions to follow etc.

Road rage is so fuckin stupid. I've been cut off countless times and most likely have cut people off countless times. Shit happens.
One of the first things that went through my head when he got out was I have 2 newborns at home that rely on me. It's not worth a physical altercation unless there is a immediate threat to me or my family.

Tinkerer

Reaction score
my NEW Chevy Work van has the HP I wish my cars had when I was a kid ( 385 )
I drive 40,000 miles a year on average. At least once a year I find an IDIOT.
NEVER roll down your window and NEVER get out.
I bought a dash cam.
I have had two guys think they owned the road this year. One didn't know how to read a right lane ends sign. I was in the left lane and let the semi in front of him in front of me. HE tried to wedge in and I didn't let him. He blows the horn and proceeds to tail me down the ramp and jumps onto the freeway right lane and pulls up next to me to block me from entering the expressway while honking his horn. He backed off when I came over anyway. and then proceeded to harass me for the next 5 miles.
Had another idiot in the left lane matching speed with a semi in the right lane at 65 MPH. I followed at 75 ft for about 3 miles until the semi quickly got off at an exit. I pulled into the right lane and punched it. I looked in my mirror with the left turn signal on and find the idiot even with my back wheel at 75 MPH. I push the pedal to the floor and the idiot is matching my speed - at 85 MPH with the turn signal still on and coming up on another semi I decide WTF and slowly change lanes.
I sure love driving an 8000 LB vehicle. Asked a friend ( Sheriff ) if I could have gotten in trouble and she said with the dash cam probably not.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Yep, It's my work truck I swear that thing is a magnet for that shit. The funny thing is I too go the speed limit or faster when I can, keep up with traffic. Definitely not slowing anyone down. Someone said, well I can't see around you so I must get in front of you. How about don't fucking tailgate and you can see around just fine.

The whole thing most people forget too is that traffic merging on to the freeway must yield to traffic on the freeway. Most people haven't figured that out.

When I'm towing my race trailer or toy hauler and I'm in the slow lane, I do my best to let people in where necessary, if some guy is just being an idiot for no reason I've seen a few people meet the shoulder.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
O you silly kids and your little cars. Try driving a fully loaded big truck. You will get cut off, brakes slammed, etc every 5 minutes of the day. I need a new Peterbilt, anyone wanna cut me off and buy it for me?

Your ad here

Reaction score
Yep, It's my work truck I swear that thing is a magnet for that shit. The funny thing is I too go the speed limit or faster when I can, keep up with traffic. Definitely not slowing anyone down. Someone said, well I can't see around you so I must get in front of you. How about don't fucking tailgate and you can see around just fine.

The whole thing most people forget too is that traffic merging on to the freeway must yield to traffic on the freeway. Most people haven't figured that out.

When I'm towing my race trailer or toy hauler and I'm in the slow lane, I do my best to let people in where necessary, if some guy is just being an idiot for no reason I've seen a few people meet the shoulder.

Be careful with that. Some people will go the other way and meet the trailer.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score

Slamming on the brakes in front of another vehicle can be considered assault with a deadly weapon.

NicPaus

Reaction score
O you silly kids and your little cars. Try driving a fully loaded big truck. You will get cut off, brakes slammed, etc every 5 minutes of the day. I need a new Peterbilt, anyone wanna cut me off and buy it for me?

I have had 2 little 4700 dump trucks in the past. I feel your pain. I always get out of their way if I can and leave them plenty of room. Even worse than driving my service body trucks.

77charger

Reaction score

IMO its all fine exchanging words finger gestures from in the car but once someone comes out in a threatening manner you can bet whatever im am driving will run their ass over if they attempt to get me out of it.

77charger

Reaction score

The best ones are always the ones that almost cause an accident and you do your best to avoid their dumbfuckery and honk at them. Then they give you the finger... Never understood that one.

I carry a can of bear spray in every vehicle, CHP officer friend told me it's about the best thing you can carry short of a gun.

Yeh it has distance is why its a great spray.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
moving up here helped a bunch its only maybe once a month I watch an idiot do something bad on the road, where before it was several times a day.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score

Had a guy try to pull out in front of me (he was crossing traffic to turn left) during rush hour. I gave him the horn and the bird and proceeded to the next light. I see him get out of his car and approach me, light turns and I go to the next light, and he does it again. I spot him getting out of his car and when he got off my rear quarter panel and jumped out of my car grabbed him around the neck and started pummeling him. Bounced him off the car a few times, told him to suck my dick. Got into the car quickly because the light was turning. Went to the third light and he gets out again. Same deal as light two, except I dropped him with a right hander and left him in a bleeding pile on the side of the road. Jumped in back in the car, ran the light and disappeared before someone called the police. That was in 1986. Now, with all the crazies and cameras out there I wouldn't consider dukeing it out with someone.

Best to fire up the camera yourself, and call 911.

Foscheck

Reaction score
I'm trying desperately to master the art of de-escalation. It takes effort, but I'm trying not to end up in jail in my 50's.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
After totaling my wife's Honda in a road rage deal I try really really hard to just let that crap go.There's really no need to go there.

Tinkerer

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with BIG trucks.
I drive an 8000 LB work van and a 7000 LB diesel pick up.
And my BMW can get me out of just about anything as long as I have an exit point. Get aggressive with me and I WILL make an exit point.

grumpy88

Reaction score
The brake check move is b.s. in my opinion . Nothing good comes from road rage . I have mixed it up in the middle of the street more than once . I like to tell my self I have come out on top 50 percent of the time ! Ha ha . I have stopped after hearing a story about a guy kicking the shit out of another to then realize he had little kids in the car watching there dad get knocked out . Life's short , move on .

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
I travel the 405 daily from SCV to LAX area it's the norm for me lol. I carry one of those tires beaters for rocks.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I think I need to start doing this, especially for my wife. What brand is good and where to get it?

termiteguy

Reaction score
I am on the road all day long I see some really dumb shits on the roads after 25 years of driving all over so cal I just leave things alone it's a lot easier

Your ad here

Reaction score
Another bad one is people in cars that have to harass people on motorcycles. A close call by not being seen in traffic is part of the risk the mc takes. But the people that purposely make a move to harass the mc is just BS.

lIQUIDATEDdAMAGES

Reaction score
I usually don't drive a work truck. I have been for the last few weeks though because I've been the PM/Super on a smaller shutdown job for us. It kinda sucks...I can't flip people off or be a dick when they drive like assholes around me [emoji849]. I want my truck back lol

Just Ducky

Reaction score
Coming back from havasu on the 40 and i come up behind this fuckwad in a little toyota shit box doing barely sixty five and he refuses to move his slow ass over into the right lane.I tried flashing my lights ect but he won't move over and i can see he's looking right at me in his mirror.I just waited till the right lane was clear of trucks and moved over to pass on the right.He thinks he's gonna gas it and shut me down before i can get around him ha ha.I gassed it and made sure i barely cleared his front bumper and swooped back over.He was pissed and now Mr. fucktard slow guy is on my ass at eighty.I said fuck this and booted it to about ninety five and stayed there till he was a speck in my mirror.I was hoping he would be at the next rest stop but that didn't happen.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Coming back from havasu on the 40 and i come up behind this fuckwad in a little toyota shit box doing barely sixty five and he refuses to move his slow ass over into the right lane.I tried flashing my lights ect but he won't move over and i can see he's looking right at me in his mirror.I just waited till the right lane was clear of trucks and moved over to pass on the right.He thinks he's gonna gas it and shut me down before i can get around him ha ha.I gassed it and made sure i barely cleared his front bumper and swooped back over.He was pissed and now Mr. fucktard slow guy is on my ass at eighty.I said fuck this and booted it to about ninety five and stayed there till he was a speck in my mirror.I was hoping he would be at the next rest stop but that didn't happen.

I had exactly the same thing happen last year. I don't get that at all.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score

Ha Ha on the Bear spray , Recently Had a customer tell me one of the most popular in car "carry weapons" in Detroit was a aerosol can of Raid Wasp and Hornet spray , shoots 20 feet plus...How bout Supermarket "rage" , My Anecdote talk about "up close and personal" recently went to Albertsons deli , Counter Lady asks "who's next" I step up and a guy down the counter gets so mad , says I cut in front of him , freaks out and starts yelling that I cut in line and when I tell him to chill out" he "calls me out" to step outside (I called 911 from my cell) Deli Lady was horrified ...

wallnutz

Reaction score
I have seen more road rage incidents start this way more often than others. Slow fuckers thinking they own the left lane, :grumble:
My other favorite is the bone heads that just can't be behind someone towing something or driving a RV. I have had people speed up and get in front of me, just to slow down. I just can't figure out why you would want to speed up and pass someone going 5 to 10 mph over the limit, just to get in front and slow down. :grumble:

DickieB

Reaction score
Hey Tim! I know a guy that sells new Peterbilts,
wanna buy another one? 😏

Tank

Reaction score

Our cigarette towed by the crew cab dually was about one foot shy of being as long as an 18 wheeler boat loaded was over 12k lbs plus 1 ton 4wd gmc crew dually. I used to get cut off ALL the time constantly. Part of the gig

Tinkerer

Reaction score
Last summer pulling the Daytona going north on 131 north of Greenville exit doing 80 in the left lane 75 ft behind a station wagon. We are passing spaced out cars in the right lane.
Here comes the IDIOT - young girl - starts tailgating the boat trailer and then jumps into the right lane and try's to get in front of me. On the second attempt she just cuts in with about 1 foot between my front bumper and her rear bumper. I laid on the horn and she just flips me off out the window. She is now on the station wagons ass and I am right on her ass. traffic clears in the right lane and he moves over. She flips me off again and nails it. What she didn't count on is the power of a diesel. I am still on her but when I look at the speedo and realize I am going 95 I figured it was time to quit. I back down to 80 and the station wagon catches up and smiles. The girl got scared because she slowed way down and got off at the next exit.
I am not proud of that but hope she learned something that day.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Similar situation, young girl on the 40 a couple of weeks back....
BEST THING EVER>>>>>> Found her on the side of the road about half an hour later... Giving her autograph to a CHP officer... Karma biatch.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Last summer pulling the Daytona going north on 131 north of Greenville exit doing 80 in the left lane 75 ft behind a station wagon. We are passing spaced out cars in the right lane.
Here comes the IDIOT - young girl - starts tailgating the boat trailer and then jumps into the right lane and try's to get in front of me. On the second attempt she just cuts in with about 1 foot between my front bumper and her rear bumper. I laid on the horn and she just flips me off out the window. She is now on the station wagons ass and I am right on her ass. traffic clears in the right lane and he moves over. She flips me off again and nails it. What she didn't count on is the power of a diesel. I am still on her but when I look at the speedo and realize I am going 95 I figured it was time to quit. I back down to 80 and the station wagon catches up and smiles. The girl got scared because she slowed way down and got off at the next exit.
I am not proud of that but hope she learned something that day.
That's when train horns are handy. I've scared the crap out of a car of punks that did something similar to me once. A loud train horn gets them to jump everytime.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Our cigarette towed by the crew cab dually was about one foot shy of being as long as an 18 wheeler boat loaded was over 12k lbs plus 1 ton 4wd gmc crew dually. I used to get cut off ALL the time constantly. Part of the gig

We are always 80,000

jones performance

Reaction score
it never ceases to amaze me how people will try to "muscle" their way in or around you at times. seems to always happen when im driving my beater truck that people will pull some major asshatery. what they fail to understand is im driving my beater truck, the one vehicle i absolutely dont give a fuck about denting/smashing up teaching some fuckstick a lesson.

crazy too how when i drive back from havasu on the 40, most people seem to drop speed on the grades and get pisssed when you pass them doing the speed limit.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
This guy handles it very well!!!

[video=youtube_https;nUmjEu1q77o]https://youtu.be/nUmjEu1q77o[/video]