Roadrunner - Top

Positive Trim - Top

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11
    Senior Member glamis0812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Bakersfield/LHC
    Posts
    274
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 112 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
    Should have just put the stock one back together and built a new LS powered one off
    Completely agree that chassis is going to be way to nice for a rzr drivetrain but I can't wait to see it.

  2. #12
    Banned RiverDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu City / Parker AZ
    Posts
    78,586
    Thanks
    318
    Thanked 29,595 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by glamis0812 View Post
    Completely agree that chassis is going to be way to nice for a rzr drivetrain but I can't wait to see it.

    So I was talking to Andy earlier today, and it looks like they might just put his original RZR 1000 back together and this thing will be a completely separate build on it's own. I think it's going to end up having a 4 cylinder crazy motor in it with a tranny.

    RD


    BE NICE OR LEAVE

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to RiverDave For This Useful Post:

    ductape1000 (04-20-2017)

  4. #13
    Here. ductape1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    JuVal until we crash. :P
    Posts
    8,019
    Thanks
    9,517
    Thanked 3,198 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDave View Post
    So I was talking to Andy earlier today, and it looks like they might just put his original RZR 1000 back together and this thing will be a completely separate build on it's own. I think it's going to end up having a 4 cylinder crazy motor in it with a tranny.

    RD
    For sale... Slightly used RZR... Full detail done, completely gone through...
    Perspective... A mental view or outlook: "It is useful occasionally to look at the past to gain a perspective on the present" ...

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ductape1000 For This Useful Post:

    Dirtbag (06-01-2017), spectra3279 (06-06-2017)

  6. #14
    Banned RiverDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu City / Parker AZ
    Posts
    78,586
    Thanks
    318
    Thanked 29,595 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by ductape1000 View Post
    For sale... Slightly used RZR... Full detail done, completely gone through...
    I think he's already got a buyer for it actually.. LOL I wanted to buy the motor and ECU off of him!

    RD


    BE NICE OR LEAVE

  7. #15
    Senior Member BasilHayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Escondido, Havasu City
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks
    554
    Thanked 616 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
    Should have just put the stock one back together and built a new LS powered one off
    Funny you say that, that is what the plan is sort of. The old one will be rebuilt though still very custom, most likely a project for a friend otherwise it will be sold. But last week I was looking at where we were and said "It seems I have a whole rzr on the ground and the only piece we plan on reusing is the engine trans combo." Why don't we find a better engine/trans for this build. The snowball continues as I think I found a new plan for the engine.

    The American V4?

    The mighty Motus V4 Baby Block? delivers massive torque using the same small-block architecture found in the most reliable and competitive engines in the world.

    Name:  mv4zr_render.png
Views: 0
Size:  101.7 KB

    More updates to come...
    In the market for a totaled sled at this point, think I need a vin for registration purposes.
    Last edited by BasilHayden; 04-21-2017 at 07:08 AM.
    www.palomarsolar.com / 760.504.0388
    Please mention RDP to ensure you receive the RDSUX discount!


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BasilHayden For This Useful Post:

    ductape1000 (04-21-2017)

  9. #16
    Senior Member dezertrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lake Forest, Ca
    Posts
    2,746
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 648 Times
    Nice to see another member going through a snow ball build
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    I just masterbate a lot

  10. #17
    Senior Member Ballsdeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,129
    Thanks
    1,160
    Thanked 1,407 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilHayden View Post
    Funny you say that, that is what the plan is sort of. The old one will be rebuilt though still very custom, most likely a project for a friend otherwise it will be sold. But last week I was looking at where we were and said "It seems I have a whole rzr on the ground and the only piece we plan on reusing is the engine trans combo." Why don't we find a better engine/trans for this build. The snowball continues as I think I found a new plan for the engine.

    The American V4?

    The mighty Motus V4 Baby Block? delivers massive torque using the same small-block architecture found in the most reliable and competitive engines in the world.

    Name:  mv4zr_render.png
Views: 0
Size:  101.7 KB

    More updates to come...
    In the market for a totaled sled at this point, think I need a vin for registration purposes.
    Is this the old SCAT V4?

  11. #18
    Senior Member BasilHayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Escondido, Havasu City
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks
    554
    Thanked 616 Times
    No this is a new design by Motus, seewww.motusmotorcycles.com/american-v4 or http://americanv4.com It is effectively half an LS motor and shares some parts from my understanding. Great story and amazing looking piece, should be amazing in the mini trophy. More power than "I" need and should be very reliable running it in stock configuration. People are chipping and boosting the SxS engines too much for my taste to get these hp numbers. I want it to be reliable.
    www.palomarsolar.com / 760.504.0388
    Please mention RDP to ensure you receive the RDSUX discount!


  12. #19
    Senior Member Iman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lake Havasu City
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 84 Times

    Barker's Fabrication - RZR 1000 4 seater build!

    Nice work.
    Last edited by Iman; 04-24-2017 at 07:12 PM.

  13. #20
    Senior Member BasilHayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Escondido, Havasu City
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks
    554
    Thanked 616 Times
    Looks like the Mini Trophy/Truggy will start to see some progress now.

    Engine will be delivered this week,
    built Yamaha sequential trans has been ordered from Tubeworks
    Rear dif ordered, billet front diff has been waiting,
    most all items are on their way to the shop, last major issue is the body, but there are a few irons in the works,
    I am way too deep in this, but really believe this is going to be off the hook when done.
    www.palomarsolar.com / 760.504.0388
    Please mention RDP to ensure you receive the RDSUX discount!


  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BasilHayden For This Useful Post:

    ductape1000 (05-30-2017), FreeBird236 (05-30-2017)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast