WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lower River Run

HBCraig

Reaction score
I miss my old Eliminator Sprint jet. They are so fun to drive on the river.

Make sure you guys shoot some video. :thumbsup

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
For RV people, I just booked a spot for the weekend, there are 5 spots left of the 8 total for this weekend at McIntyre that have 50 amp and water, no sewer. Once these are gone it will be dry camping only.

LAVEYNICK

Reaction score
we cruised last year with many stops along the way to re-group and to take it all in. 40-50 mph average since we were in a train. There are some areas to stretch the legs a bit but for the most part we took our time and made sure we made it through the shallow areas. all good :thumbsup

this sounds like a lot of fun. does anybody else bring kids?

Wadernation

Reaction score
this sounds like a lot of fun. does anybody else bring kids?

definitely kid friendly. I'm not sure how many will bring their kids but just know we will be on the water for 8-9 hours so sometimes kids need naps etc. We will also stop at sandbars to let kids and dogs run around. April is very moderate in temperate so the heat shouldn't be an issue for little ones if they do come along.

RACER J

Reaction score
Any idea what the night time temperature would be that time of month? I'm 400 miles away and would rather not double tow for a weekend trip. Maybe just tent camp?

Wadernation

Reaction score
Any idea what the night time temperature would be that time of month? I'm 400 miles away and would rather not double tow for a weekend trip. Maybe just tent camp?

night time temps are still a little chilly (for us cali people). Most weekends throughout April / May we tend to still have a little bon fire at night. Average lows are probably high 50s / low 60s so sweatshirt and jeans may be a good item to bring. I will at least have them ready.

Will you allow a Hurricane or three?

of course Barry! Are you guys planning on meeting down below?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
That would be a fun trip. I don't think we'd be able to swing it this year. Specially with a 9 month old and a 3 year old. Lol! I have zero clue how far my boat can run on a tank either. It would be interesting to see and would definitely be a fun time.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm thinking maybe Hoge rock (4S area)? What do you think Mel?

Yep, 4S sounds about right.

We'll be out 27th - 30th. For those who aren't familiar with the LR, the water is usually really high that time of year, so sandbars are hard to come by. We typically go to 4S that time of year because (1) it's my favorite :D and Mr.DB wants to drive the boat far; and (2) there is a guaranteed beach for the dog. :thumbsup

Wadernation

Reaction score
Yep, 4S sounds about right.

We'll be out 27th - 30th. For those who aren't familiar with the LR, the water is usually really high that time of year, so sandbars are hard to come by. We typically go to 4S that time of year because (1) it's my favorite :D and Mr.DB wants to drive the boat far; and (2) there is a guaranteed beach for the dog. :thumbsup

i think that's a great spot and one of the prettiest on the LR. Sounds good!

cheezpanel

Reaction score
This sounds like a fun day...if we still have the 22 we'll put it on the calendar and see about coming up from HS. That's a nice run. We missed the last LRJ meet, so hopefully this will work out.
Bill

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun run.:thumbup:

arch stanton

Reaction score
The red one, blue one or white one? I had three :)

well its all three of those colors
funco hustler.jpg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
well its all three of those colors
View attachment 537916

Very cool, loved the hustlers I had. That one you put a honda in it right? I had a blue one with variable boost control subi 2.5 in it, that thing was a beast.

This one is one of two with the radius roof. FUNCO hated making them with that option because it was a ton of extra work to get both radiuses the same.

arch stanton

Reaction score
Yes it has a 3.5 Honda but it came that way,I think Ben put it in before he traded it back to you for a big 5.
vtec did not work when I got it on the dyno 280hp to the ground, 350hp to the ground vtec working no other changes it s a blast to drive. I have seen 3 other radius cars they are rare.I have made a few changes 2" hollow spindles,front brakes Baja pro steer tires and powder coated some of the motor

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Yes it has a 3.5 Honda but it came that way,I think Ben put it in before he traded it back to you for a big 5.
vtec did not work when I got it on the dyno 280hp to the ground, 350hp to the ground vtec working no other changes it s a blast to drive. I have seen 3 other radius cars they are rare.I have made a few changes 2" hollow spindles,front brakes Baja pro steer tires and powder coated some of the motor

That's right, now I remember now, he got my blue big 5 Ls1 car. I bought and sold so many buggies then it was a bit ridiculous. Business was good and I was a bit out of control :)

arch stanton

Reaction score
John it is a blast I just don't get to use it enough I was thinking if I put off road tires on it I could run around the river on the sxs trails but am I too wide ?

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
John it is a blast I just don't get to use it enough I was thinking if I put off road tires on it I could run around the river on the sxs trails but am I too wide ?

How wide is it? You usually stay at the "Q", right? You're real close to the dunes out there. Some of the trails between Fisher's and HS get kind of narrow, but we've had Jeeps and such on them with no resulting desert pin-striping. Red Cloud Mine Road is fairly wide too. One of our buddies brought a full sized Ford truck on our LRJ run along there late last year.....

rpmsrup

Reaction score
Do you think its possible to run my mach 26 down there for this run?

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't speak to the stretch above 4S, but I can tell you that you would be more than fine running below that as long as you are following someone who knows the river. There are much larger boats that run from Hidden Shores to 4S regularly. The water is also higher than normal in April... Someone will chime in soon regarding the stretch north of 4S...

Wadernation

Reaction score

did you just post this to the FB page too? a few of us were just talking about your boat and feel you would be fine. We will lead the group to the best of our abilities but its good to keep in line with other boats and give plenty of space. The river really isn't that terrifying and pretty deep in spots. And with your trim and jack plates should be pretty safe.

rpmsrup

Reaction score
did you just post this to the FB page too? a few of us were just talking about your boat and feel you would be fine. We will lead the group to the best of our abilities but its good to keep in line with other boats and give plenty of space. The river really isn't that terrifying and pretty deep in spots. And with your trim and jack plates should be pretty safe.

Ya I posted on both. Ive ran in some pretty shallow parts before. just need a deep section to take off first

Wadernation

Reaction score
Ya I posted on both. Ive ran in some pretty shallow parts before. just need a deep section to take off first

oh you're good then. we always take off and stop in sections we know is deep enough.

rpmsrup

Reaction score
Also i dont have jack plates but the drives dont sit that much lower

PICT0003.jpg

Wadernation

Reaction score
you will be fine. there are some big boats that frequent the lower river and they do fine. And like DB said...april should have higher water and it makes it much easier on the nerves.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Also i dont have jack plates but the drives dont sit that much lower

View attachment 541024

Do you have the pressure relief kits installed in your lowers? One thing I did last year was blow the seals out on my sportmaster since were running for so long the heat really generated up.

rpmsrup

Reaction score
Do you have the pressure relief kits installed in your lowers? One thing I did last year was blow the seals out on my sportmaster since were running for so long the heat really generated up.

If your talking about the line that runs up and into a small reservoir by the powerhead than yes I do lol. Joe at hot laps did the seals and billet seal parts and upgraded the lines and fittings also

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I have to figure out how to make this trip, looks like fun.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
If your talking about the line that runs up and into a small reservoir by the powerhead than yes I do lol. Joe at hot laps did the seals and billet seal parts and upgraded the lines and fittings also

Yes that

Wadernation

Reaction score
Here is a reminder that if anyone was interested in this event...it is this coming weekend. A lot of people are leaving from Mcintyre and heading south by 10am on saturday. more people to join from Cibola and Walters camp and meeting another large group of Lower River Junkies half way (Picacho / 4s). Sounds like we have a decent gathering for this event 30+ boats. Let me know if you are interested! PS: Some of us aren't doing the entire 120 miles so dont feel obligated to run the whole course. relax and enjoy.

facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1425678031072655/

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I wish I could attend. I've have a map book of that section of river, sitting in a stack of bathroom magazines for a couple years.

Wadernation

Reaction score
I wish I could attend. I've have a map book of that section of river, sitting in a stack of bathroom magazines for a couple years.

no worries! always welcome to come down when the weekend is right for you guys.

Ultra247

Reaction score
We're planning to leave Havasu about 5:30 AM to run down to Blythe and meet everyone. Looking forward to a great run. We're bringing the 18' Baker for this one (not the Ultra).

Any concerns about the wind in the forecast? Does this event go even if there is wind?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I really really wanted to go to this.. We are so behind trying to get ready for Desert Storm there is no way I can pull it off. :(

RD

Ultra247

Reaction score
Dave,

I sent you a PM yesterday. We've got a seat if you want it. We're leaving Havasu at 5:30 AM and we'll pick you up at the house. All you have to do is get in the truck and the boat! We're headed back on Saturday evening.

Wadernation

Reaction score
We're planning to leave Havasu about 5:30 AM to run down to Blythe and meet everyone. Looking forward to a great run. We're bringing the 18' Baker for this one (not the Ultra).

Any concerns about the wind in the forecast? Does this event go even if there is wind?

sounds good! sounds like we are leaving the beach at 10am..little later so just plan accordingly (i think we originally said 830ish). but it will give you a chance for a little meet and greet with the group. I will see you at Walters Camp (down river) when the group swings by my place. and a little wind never hurt...nothing more than a little wind chop (no white caps or anything).

I really really wanted to go to this.. We are so behind trying to get ready for Desert Storm there is no way I can pull it off. :(

RD

ya i know you guys are busy this time of year. I am sure we will have another run later in the summer.

Ultra247

Reaction score
Thanks Wadernation,

I like your avatar. We can't keep up but we'll do our best!!

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 50

Wadernation

Reaction score
Thanks Wadernation,

I like your avatar. We can't keep up but we'll do our best!!

im partial to blue and white outboards :thumbsup this is a cruising event...we wont be going too fast and we take plenty of float breaks along the way.

UAV.Pilot

Reaction score
Sounds like a cool event guys!
I'm still deployed or I would be with you all...next time!

I have literally missed the past 4 years of life events...

Please post pics for those of us that can't be apart of this one

shueman

Reaction score
Teaser using various media and vids from last year ...
[video=youtube_https;4KGcL6anq4g]https://youtu.be/4KGcL6anq4g[/video]

Fishers Landing vid-edit ... final destination for some ...
[video=youtube_https;vo8KojdLMis]https://youtu.be/vo8KojdLMis[/video]

Got some "outlaw steekers" made to commerate the run ...
SuperPhoto_170424070053.jpg

Guess I better show up !! :eek

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like a cool event guys!
I'm still deployed or I would be with you all...next time!

I have literally missed the past 4 years of life events...

Please post pics for those of us that can't be apart of this one

Pictures for sure!! From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your service. I'd be honored to buy you a beer when you return. [emoji106]

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
F you guys and your awesome planned trip. Have a shitty time. :D