WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

March 18th RDP OFFROAD RUN FROM HAVASU TO TOPOCK!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The guys up at Topock have told me that we have a legal way to get there. The only thing is your SXS will need to be street legal for the last couple miles of the run as we will be on the road to the bar for a few.

March 18th is also Topock's Customer appreciation day so they are running liquor and food specials! :)

This is a throw back to the old school RDP offroad runs, so we aren't having any Poker Run stops, or anything official.. Just if members want to go we'll all meet up and head up there together. As soon as I get the map, I'll post it online for everyone. This is St Patrick's day weekend and I'm aware of the large Parker run. If you aren't participating in that, this might be a fun option for you as it's a day trip and not quite as gruelling and hard on equipment.

I will edit this post and put the meet up place and time when I get back (by monday at the latest).

Hope to see everyone there!! (That Includes you LHCBOY, and Tankman!! Ranger Nation!)

RD

Singleton

Reaction score
Perfect. Can you post the map, thinking of making this run Feb 18 (Saturday) when I am back in Havasu next.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Perfect. Can you post the map, thinking of making this run Feb 18 (Saturday) when I am back in Havasu next.

Waiting on Chip to send it to me.. I'll post it as soon as I get it.

In the meantime add your name if you are going.

never happy

Reaction score
I'd love to do this but it is the same day as the st pattys day poker run in Parker! Any chance of a different date? We're already signed up for the poker run....

Shortdeck

Reaction score
That's the same day as the Parker St Patrick's Day poker run.
Whoops I didn't read the whole first post.

Singleton

Reaction score
Let's get the list started
1 - RD + crew
2 - Plaster Dave
3 - Underpressure
4 - Bpracing1127
5 - Singleton + (wife / daughter)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'd love to do this but it is the same day as the st pattys day poker run in Parker! Any chance of a different date? We're already signed up for the poker run....

That's the date of their customer appreciation day already so not much chance of changing the date.

Singleton

Reaction score
Waiting on Chip to send it to me.. I'll post it as soon as I get it.

In the meantime add your name if you are going.

You get the map yet? Heading to Havasu Thursday night and thinking about doing Topock Saturday and Desert Bar Sunday. Willing to try out this new route Saturday if you send it to me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You get the map yet? Heading to Havasu Thursday night and thinking about doing Topock Saturday and Desert Bar Sunday. Willing to try out this new route Saturday if you send it to me.

I'll call Chip in the AM. he was supposed to send but I haven't seen it yet.

guest hs

Reaction score
Dave, I sold my Rhino last weekend, will Jeeps be allowed?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Is there a map yet? Any more details? What's the vehicle count?

Singleton

Reaction score
Details will be posted week of event. I just booked my hotel and looking forward to this.

Also on the 19th for those interested I am running to the Havasu Desert Bar.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Honestly I Have texted Chip for this map several times and haven't heard back. I even left a message for him at Topock to call me back.

If I don't get the map soon then we will still do a ride somewhere.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Count me in, is this the same weekend of the Worcs Utv races on the island?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No idea on the worcs deal..

I may have found a solution to the map problem courtesy of Joker. Going to look into it tomorrow am

Joker

Reaction score
No idea on the worcs deal..

I may have found a solution to the map problem courtesy of Joker. Going to look into it tomorrow am

Dave,
Don't forget to connect with the group that ran the Desert Tromp as we were up past the Pilot station and made our way back to Topock. They have to have a map

Mike L

Reaction score
Yes @ Crazy Horse. MC only event, no SXS/ATV will be racing.

The motorcycles actually race the weekend before. This is the same weekend as the SXS and ATV races at Crazy Horse.

Singleton

Reaction score
What's the map for?

Trying to get from Havasu to Topock without getting on the road. Right now the only way to do it, is to be street legal the last couple of miles.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Trying to get from Havasu to Topock without getting on the road. Right now the only way to do it, is to be street legal the last couple of miles.

The map is not going to change that. To get there legally, you will need to be street legal the last few miles wether there is a map or not. With the refuge and railroad there is no LEGAL way to get there completely off road anymore.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
i'm ok with street legal the last couple miles..

(kind of assumed everyone was to be honest)

What I am not sure of is how to get even to the last couple miles without infringing on some piece of dirt that looks like all the other pieces of dirt without getting a ticket. lol

Havalife

Reaction score
The only legal way I know is to get on the I 40 at Needle Mountain road. I always stay on the south side of the 40 when I go west of the 95.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
The only legal way I know is to get on the I 40 at Needle Mountain road. I always stay on the south side of the 40 when I go west of the 95.

Eff that. No way I'd hop on the 40 in a sxs.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The way the desert tromp does it is. From topock 66 take that to polaris road, (dirt rd) and go in a few miles then hang a right head down to train tracks go under and head to the 40. Cross over the 40 at needle mount rd. Or you can head east following the train tracks until the next exit after the 95 follow the pole line to havasu hights and then head into town. That is how the poker run does it.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Google earth is your friend. A little hint, Polaris road.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Going to polaris rd you need to be street legal to come down from golden shores on rt 66 to topock. Its about 3-4 miles

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I know the way from havasu hights area. However I do not know the way from havasu to havasu heights lol. I assume taking polaris rd would be legal because the poker run does it. The question is for this run, where is out starting point?

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Going to polaris rd you need to be street legal to come down from golden shores on rt 66 to topock. Its about 3-4 miles

Correct. Hence there being no LEGAL way to make it completely off-road.

Wendi

Reaction score
WMC & Wendi are in.
Billy is in, but not street legal
We may have a few others joining.