WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lets talk RDP.. Late night with ole Dave

Hammer

Reaction score
Damn, RD just put that bet on blast after he asked not to post the vid lol

He knows it's all in good fun. [emoji106]
Geese man needs to pop in here and say a few words.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
[video=youtube_https;DNhikgDFjW0]https://youtu.be/DNhikgDFjW0[/video]

[video=youtube;DNhikgDFjW0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNhikgDFjW0[/video]

RD

Dave, I liked the honesty and transparency of your video, keep doing what you do. The video of your boy driving the
Schiada......Priceless!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Question on the time frame of new members signing up. Is there an increase of members signing up when weather is bad? Like rain or snow. Could dates be similar to the pre/post MJ thing? I would like to see more boating related content on here. The Jordan thing I don't mind and get a laugh at it and it's in the lounge area but the political discussion gets overwhelming. I've logged in to see 5 P&G threads in a row and more down the page and just said screw it I'm going over to PSA or SoCaps.

I'm not really sure I understand the question?

Hammer

Reaction score
Got any pictures of it?

IMG_3525.jpg IMG_3348.jpg IMG_3237.jpg IMG_3591.jpg

Your ad here

Reaction score
I'm not really sure I understand the question?

How is the weather when you get an influx of people signing up for membership? Like rain, sunny, snow, sand storm.

You mentioned pre crying Jordan 12 new members a day. Post crying Jordan 40 less people online. It was raining a lot pre Jordan. Weather was good post Jordan. Relating weather to people flow through the site sounds dumb but on a truck forum I'm on its busy in the fall/winter due to snow and keeping people indoors. Its slow in the spring/summer because weather is good and people are outside.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Dave, I have not met you in person, and probably never will.

I was exposed to SO Cal boats in the late 80's and early 90's when I was in my teens and early 20's, that was via an girlfriends dad. I was hooked though and picked up a ton of life experiences over that couple of years and met a lot of influential boating people in that short amount of time and soaked it all in. I grew up in the Seattle area, my family only boated once, but I don't remember it.

I have been a car guy since I was a little kid and found the internet because of car forums in 1997 when I was 27 YO. I have been posting on car forums since. I bought my first boat (eliminator in 2013) and joined a local offshore boating forum as well as more well known boating forums. The local board was no different than the car forums I had sworn to stay away from, just as you described about the hot boat forums. So many people talking shit to people they have never met in person and better yet, would never talk the shit they did if they were face to face with the recipient.

Our local forum fell apart for the same reasons you brought up in your video. At one point it was suggested to me to go to your website for "your type of boat". I did and haven't looked back.

I enjoy the hell out of your site for the reasons you mentioned. I have also had several of my friends from work add your site to their viewing list because it's always entertaining, has the same values most of my friends hold and has that little bit of old school playboy mag sexism that guys of our age still recall as cool. Who else has a long running camel toe thread that just keeps getting better and better with every post? I shared that with my brother that works for Boeing last week, he said everyone in his shop is checking it daily.

You have the right balance of " IT" on the site, don't change a thing. When I lived in Sacramento during my HS days I had 5 friends that lived on my street that were close friends and I swear, if I were to bring all of them over to your place to party for a night we would all feel at home and have a great time.

Keep doing what your doing, it's working.

Dave from the PNW.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
PS, you need to make a trip to Seattle to check out Sea Fair or at a minimum the Lake Chelan Poker Run.