WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2005 - 2500HD DMAX Lake Truck Project

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I have had this DMAX since 05 and got is with 10k on the odometer. It has been out the lake for the past 5 years and before use to run us back and forth a lot. I have driven this truck around LA / OC as a daily driver when I was a bit younger :D - just turned 150k. I had a thread on odds and ends we did we did a while back but I cannot find so I will start a new thread. Had had to end up driving it home to HB do to a vehicle shuffle perfect time for winter maintenance that has been building up.

1. Oil and fuel filter @ my shop
2. Completely fix and rebuild the rear tail gate handle - no more crazy screw driver open
3. Key fob battery - man it is the little things
4. While on my lift extend wire leads for winch to rear of truck - this will come in handy
5. My mid 2000 touch screen head unit gave up the ghost - so what I am going to do replace it with another newer model - a glutton for punishment. While my buddy is doing this he is going to put in a couple of real cameras and few other features to make the truck AV cool.
6. Front / rear diff service - Allison upgrade being done on case.
7. Rotate tires while we are dealing with everything
8. Bed mounting plate and bag cover for winch
9. Mount floor jack under bed tool box
10. Air bags and compressor for load leveling while I am towing the boats
11. Start here and some stuff I am forgetting

I will post pics of some previous things I have done along the way to make this more of my service truck.

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Clean truck. I'm sure it will serve you many more years to come:thumbup:

Reactions: SJP

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I just bought a new tailgate handle/latch after man handling mine too much. :grumble:

Did you rebuild the gauge cluster yet? I had to do that one a while back.

Reactions: SJP

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I just bought a new tailgate handle/latch after man handling mine too much. :grumble:

Did you rebuild the gauge cluster yet? I had to do that one a while back.

Yep - gauge cluster has been rebuilt. Front hubs and pitman, tie rods etc etc since it has been lifted since I have had it. Awesome truck.

Fluids changed, tailgate fixed, Allison updated and serviced. All of the Audio is at my shop waiting for Jason to install with my dad this week. Hopefully will be able to drive it back home this upcoming weekend.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
We are way deep into this. Truck is apart. My Dad is welding things into the bed. Lift is going up and down depending on phase of project. This thing comes in handy. Bringing truck from 05 to 17. Full update.

IMG_0489.jpg

Where are all these parts going to go?

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg