WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DIY Fender Holders...Cheap

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Inmates,

Thought I'd share my latest simple project for "Boyz on a Budget"

Let me first say, Yes.... I'm easily impressed with myself. Especially when my garage moto is "If it ain't broke it's cause I haven't tried to fix it yet"

Saw some trick fiberglass fender holders in the engine compartment of a Nordic last week at the Fred Hall Show and said I gotta have those.

Started searching, saw the SS and Billett stuff. Wow... super nice but man they are awfully proud of those things.

So..... an $8 cutting board, some SS screws, washers and nylocs and 2 hours later...... A genuine polypropylene plastic (not that cheap imitation stuff) with non skid fender holder...

Hey..... had some good music, couple of beverages and it kept me off the streets for the day.... :drink

Attachments

• IMG_2727.jpg
    IMG_2727.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,011

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That will work!! :D I love the creativity.

RD

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Nice work, and great use of common resources! It'll make you feel good every time you retrieve and store your fenders. Cool.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So the white panel is a cutting board?? You have any pics or link to what it is you're talking about a small well any photos of the process of doing it? Looks amazing and would like to do something similar but curious what material you started with as well how you made the holes.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Great idea!!! I have some white Star Board laying around. Going to try this next weekend. :D

CobraDave

Reaction score
That sandbar table guy should look at this.

CobraDave with a Shockwave!

LazyLavey

Reaction score
So the white panel is a cutting board?? You have any pics or link to what it is you're talking about a small well any photos of the process of doing it? Looks amazing and would like to do something similar but curious what material you started with as well how you made the holes.

Just a jig saw, hole saw and sand paper

Got the board on, where else, Amazon