WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Living in the San Fernando Valley...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... currently getting another floor refinishing estimate...are bottles like that used in floor refinishing???...

IMG_0315.jpg

KBlake

Reaction score
... Kevin sorry very sorry this happened at all...too late to take back the call to your father now...usually the referrals on here are very good...number one I don't care if somebody has a contractors liscense...all they're doing is refinishing my floors ...if my next-door neighbor knows how to do it fine I don't care if he's a contractor... i'm taking as this is though you are implying I was trying to hide the fact that the guy may not of had a contractors license...in truth I never asked him???... maybe he is a licensed contractor... having a contractors license does not make a gifted craftsman and visa versa...

... i'm sorry but I did not understand the last part of your first paragraph at all could you explain that a little better...you don't have to but I hate miscommunication and misunderstanding...thanks...

... I have never argued on this forum with anybody before... your father's attitude still baffles me and if I'm not mistaken I believe he hung up on me...couldn't believe it...all I called for was a ballpark estimate didn't expect to get an asshole reaming...

...if I remember I will look you guys up on yelp maybe everybody says you're good as gold or maybe it says free asshole reamings...Dunno...I am 71 years old I didn't just fall off the turnip truck I have hired many people when I get estimates and speak to professionals I expect to be treated As though I am dealing with someone with good emotional control???...

... by the way Kevin your father quoted me $3000 just to remove the furniture...

To Whom it May Concern,

You have a valid point when you state that "...having a contractors license does not make a gifted craftsman and visa versa..." (albeit, the proper term is "vice-versa"). That said, having a contractor's license DOES in fact make you a LICENSED CONTRACTOR... So, it is important, at least in my opinion and the opinion of many who hire our company.

Just to refresh your memory, according to the California Contractors Licensing Board:
"It is illegal for an unlicensed person to perform contracting work on any project valued at $500 or more in combined labor and material costs. Besides being illegal, unlicensed contractors lack accountability and have a high rate of involvement in construction scams. They also are unfair competition for licensed contractors who operate with bonds, insurance, and other responsible business practices." You can follow up on this by inputting the following link : http://www.cslb.ca.gov/Consumers/Report_Unlicensed_Activity/What_Is_Illegal_Contractor_Activity.aspx

Therefore, not only is it polite to hire a contractor who is licensed, it is in fact required by the law when the projected value of a job exceeds $500, which my father clearly stated that your job did.

Next, I'd like to discuss how you blatantly lied about the price my father gave you. There is no logical way that we would charge $3,000 just to move your furniture. I think you also know that this statement you made is completely false. I would argue that claims of this sort border on libel - which is defined legally as a written defamatory statement. These kinds of statements that you have chosen to make are not only unfounded, they threaten both my and my father's livelihoods, which could be grounds for legal action, should we choose to take it.

**I completely understand that you were unhappy with the price you were given (i.e. $3,000), especially since someone else quoted you at $2,100. I cannot speak for the other contractor from whom you received a quote. I can only speak for myself and my company when I say that our price is higher for a number of potential reasons - namely, our company is licensed, bonded and insured. As you can imagine, being fully accountable for your work is not an inexpensive venture, but it is something that we at Rick's Hardwood Floors pride ourselves on. I am truly sorry that you feel that you feel the need to hire unlicensed contractors as a way to save money and get your job done. That is your prerogative... although, I would advise against it because it not only demeans the work that I do (as a LICENSED contractor), it also puts you, the customer, at risk of being scammed and/or ending up with a botched job.**

If a simple apology for the events that transpired earlier is not satisfactory to you, there is really nothing else that I can say. I would hope that you would move on with whichever contractor you decide is best for your job (hopefully, a licensed one). Otherwise, I would request that you discontinue your attack against the company that my father and I have built, the company upon which we rely for our income.

Respectfully yours,

Kevin Blake

(805) 285-8996

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...sounds to me like had I known that was your phone number and not your friends number on the forum and had I called you there never would've been a misunderstanding...your father's wording of we get $3000 to move furniture...sounded like straight rip to me...he did not indicate as you are now that 3K was for the whole job...

...bottom line with me is he assholed me... not the kind of people I deal with...

...by the way Kevin,...your last post was very well worded...best of luck to you in your future endeavors...

dave29

Reaction score
Loved this thread and haven't read it for 2 days. WTF happened?? It went from great memories to floors.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
...sounds to me like had I known that was your phone number and not your friends number on the forum and had I called you there never would've been a misunderstanding...your father's wording of we get $3000 to move furniture...sounded like straight rip to me...he did not indicate as you are now that 3K was for the whole job...

...bottom line with me is he assholed me... not the kind of people I deal with...

...by the way Kevin,...your last post was very well worded...best of luck to you in your future endeavors...
Not sure why in the world you wouldn't call the number I posted. Even if it was mine I'd obviously get you the correct number. There was a reason I didn't list the "company" number.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Loved this thread and haven't read it for 2 days. WTF happened?? It went from great memories to floors.

Next it will be cooking tips, home decorating opinions and an argument over abortion.......

dave29

Reaction score
Next it will be cooking tips, home decorating opinions and an argument over abortion.......

Why argue about abortion when politics and religion are more interesting. Wow, don't take that as an argument.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Not sure why in the world you wouldn't call the number I posted. Even if it was mine I'd obviously get you the correct number. There was a reason I didn't list the "company" number.

... Flying...The reason I didn't call the number in your post is that my expertise comes in writing and reading court applicable legal documents and the way your post was worded it was as though,...since I don't know your real name,...you had signed your name and your phone number at the bottom of your post...so common sense led me to look up the flooring company up on the Internet...went to their website and picked the valley phone number of the several phone numbers that they had..my thinking was in case that was your phone number I didn't see any reason to bother you...

...it's amazing what you find out about the inner workings of companies and corporations when you speak with the behind-the-scenes people...this isn't the first time I've gotten an education like this...

rush1

Reaction score
My guess is we better use a Dr Pepper 2 liter bottle about now !:gayfight

dave29

Reaction score
OK.......maybe the floor stuff is done and we can get back to the valley. My brother sent me a link to Facebook but, since I don't subscribe, I can't open it. It's called "Valley Relics". I guess someone has compiled pictures of the early SFV and actually opened a small museum with memorabilia like, the sign from the Palomino Club in NO Hollywood etc. My brother did send me one picture which shows the stand on Ventura Blvd in Encino next to the Shell station by Balboa Blvd. It's the first El Torito.
Enjoy

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
OK.......maybe the floor stuff is done and we can get back to the valley. My brother sent me a link to Facebook but, since I don't subscribe, I can't open it. It's called "Valley Relics". I guess someone has compiled pictures of the early SFV and actually opened a small museum with memorabilia like, the sign from the Palomino Club in NO Hollywood etc. My brother did send me one picture which shows the stand on Ventura Blvd in Encino next to the Shell station by Balboa Blvd. It's the first El Torito.
Enjoy

The guy who runs Valley Relics is super cool. He also has a huge collection of vintage BMX bikes

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score

...everyone should click on this link and read this...the truths that are there are undeniable...when you get to the end of the read and see the map that stops at panorama city...truths be told things get worse east of panorama city until you hit the foothills of shadow Hills la tuna Canyon and Burbank...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
...everyone should click on this link and read this...the truths that are there are undeniable...when you get to the end of the read and see the map that stops at panorama city...truths be told things get worse east of panorama city until you hit the foothills of shadow Hills la tuna Canyon and Burbank...

Theres some good stuff in there, and also some enviro-crazy BS. Crowing about how bicycles take up less space, and how he wishes the 1900's elevated bicycle expressway was still there.
That map is pretty funny, but the areas he has marked as "middle class white people" are actually houses that cost $800,000 - $2M currently. I dont think they qualify for the standard definition of Middle class. Middle class is the area tagged as "Mexican middle class".

Tank

Reaction score
Here's the rest of that map to the north. IMG_2432.JPG

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
When any of you come over to my hood to see your drug dealer stop by for a drink . Lol

...I'll bet my across the street drug dealers are dumber than your hood drug dealers...lol...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Who needs drug dealers? In the Valley, you can just follow the signs....
This is around the corner from my house
IMG_5722.jpg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... looks like Juan has some visitors this afternoon???...lol...

IMG_0340.jpg

buck35

Reaction score
Who needs drug dealers? In the Valley, you can just follow the signs....
This is around the corner from my house
View attachment 548716

I stopped in weed to fuel up 10 days or so ago and had a tire blow just as I started to gas up. HF! I nearly shit my pants, I thought the propane tank had blown in the moho. Had been doing 70+ for over an hour so to have this happen at full stop didn't really hit for a while, then I was really freaked!:eek

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I stopped in weed to fuel up 10 days or so ago and had a tire blow just as I started to gas up. HF! I nearly shit my pants, I thought the propane tank had blown in the moho. Had been doing 70+ for over an hour so to have this happen at full stop didn't really hit for a while, then I was really freaked!:eek

...Time to check the date code on all your MH tires:eek...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...now if I could just figure out how to come up with $4 1/2 mill I could move back to Malibu...when I lived there the house on the right wasn't there and we had the whole 2 1/2 acres...

IMG_0344.jpg

buck35

Reaction score
...Time to check the date code on all your MH tires:eek...

They were , are 4 years old with less than 12,000 miles. Les Schwab Michelin tires . Funny looking wear on the one that blew , not sure if it lost pressure, or what exactly happened yet. I'm pretty anal about feeling tires and bearings at every stop and never noticed anything out of the ordinary. The only clue was the road feeling rough before the last stop. Just glad it didnt go at 70 on the sharp corners around shasta , that could have been real bad.

Tank

Reaction score
...now if I could just figure out how to come up with $4 1/2 mill I could move back to Malibu...when I lived there the house on the right wasn't there and we had the whole 2 1/2 acres...

View attachment 548733

Where'd you live in Malibu? We were just up from Topanga Canyon and down from Tuna Canyon. untitled.jpg

TCHB

Reaction score
My wife and I enjoyed Sherwood Country Club and seeing Tiger! Really nice area and some crazy homes.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Where'd you live in Malibu? We were just up from Topanga Canyon and down from Tuna Canyon. View attachment 548736

...31276 Bailard Rd...Second block up from the Trancas Market which is now Vintage Grocers... turn right follow it around the bend second to the last driveway on the left...

Tank

Reaction score
...31276 Bailard Rd...Second block up from the Trancas Market which is now Vintage Grocers... turn right follow it around the bend second to the last driveway on the left...

Know it well. We have friends in body beach. Nice area. :thumbup:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Know it well. We have friends in body beach. Nice area. :thumbup:

...now how do I get out of the ghetto and out of Lake Oroville and back to living with the A-list people... wait a minute on second thought maybe I really don't want to do that ???...

redone76

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back to life!
Came to work at 6am this morning and these guys were partying it up in front of the shop. One of my guys caught one using our bushes as a bathroom. Currently taking naps in the shade on the sidewalk. Gotta love Pacoima...:grumble:
ASSHATS.jpg

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Wed. 1:50 AM.... Turn out of my street and head down Chatsworth st. Guy walking down the middle of the street on the yellow line. WTF? Walkers?