WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New build Eliminator 27 Speedster

lenmann

Reaction score
Yikes, sorry to hear that.

5 years of drought and then the wettest winter in history = lots of debris in the lake. Sure is nice to see it full though.

Reaction score
NICE ! you have come a long way from "tequila sunrise" which I still own by the way :)

Lavey 29

Reaction score
Who designed and made the interior for the boat and how long did it take from start to installed ? Thank you

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Sorry I was on vacation for two weeks. I'm back now.

The boat is back in LA for some final work. It was not complete when I received it because I asked that they rush it out to me last minute for my vacation. I made some temporary arrangements to go on vacation. We had a good time so thats all that matters.

So I don't have any numbers to report. Once its finished I will post the final results.

The interior was made in house and they did a great job. :thumbsup

I am very happy with the boat. It drives and handles great. Stereo kicks ass.

Gelcoater does top notch work. :thumbsup The gel looks fantastic in the sun. He put tad bit of pearl in the blue so it gives it some pop. He hit the nail right on the head.

The gel was a big hit on the dock in Shasta :D :thumbsup

Attachments

• IMG_3867.jpg
    IMG_3867.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_3193.jpg
    IMG_3193.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_3169.jpg
    IMG_3169.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_3153.jpg
    IMG_3153.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_3912.jpg
    IMG_3912.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_3156.jpg
    IMG_3156.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_3188.jpg
    IMG_3188.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 545

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Yup. Will post pictures when its done

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
You guys are reading too much into this. Lol.

This is not anywhere near as interesting as you guys are making it sound. :D

There has not been enough time this summer to get a different custom built.

And NO Mercs. ;)

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
.....and we are still not done. :rolleyes

:(

boat is done but....

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Beautiful boat for sure. Can't go wrong with blue and white as it will always be in style.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Headed back down to LA again this weekend with the boat. :rolleyes

Here is the deal. Back in June the boat was done but the motor I ordered was not.

I had several trips during the summer with family and friends that were planned and paid for already some time ago. Quite a few days in the end of June, July and August. Thats basically our whole summer since I put the boat in storage after labor day.

I figured it would be difficult to finish a motor project mid summer. So I decided to bring in a surrogate:p:thumbsdown

So a good friend lent me a spare 496HO and we installed it. Not my idea of a good time but it got us on the lake. As predicted the 496 kinda sucked.:p

Bringing up the rear at big cat was the low point. :p.

I didn't build this project to put a 496 in it:p

Fast forward to now, my summer is over and now I am bringing the boat back to LA to finally get the real motor installed

So we shall see

milkmoney

Reaction score

Here is the deal. Back in June the boat was done but the motor I ordered was not.

I had several trips during the summer with family and friends that were planned and paid for already some time ago. Quite a few days in the end of June, July and August. Thats basically our whole summer since I put the boat in storage after labor day.

I figured it would be difficult to finish a motor project mid summer. So I decided to bring in a surrogate:p:thumbsdown

So a good friend lent me a spare 496HO and we installed it. Not my idea of a good time but it got us on the lake. As predicted the 496 kinda sucked.:p

Fast forward to now, my summer is over and now I am bringing the boat back to LA to finally get the real motor installed

So we shall see
Hope it all works out for ya. [emoji106] [emoji202]

Can u say frustration

DWC

Reaction score

So we shall see

Thought it was your boat on the 210 on Friday afternoon. Pictures don't do the gel justice. Beautiful boat. Can't wait to see the numbers with your new power.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
The big cat was a good time. :thumbup: The water headed out to Pittsburg can get a bit snotty at times. But the boat handled it great so I am happy with that. Just needed a few more MPH than the 496 can muster though. :p

I don't feel bad getting passed by a dozen or so super cats. :thumbup:

To give you an idea of how rough it can get out there near Antioch, they installed several of those rather large windmills to the north of the channel because of all the wind. :eek White caps anyone. :p

I was down on the 210 on Saturday. The boat will be at EB for a week or so. So if you are in the neighborhood you can see it.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Did you ever get this beauty finished how you wanted? Curious to see the motor and rigging when complete. I really like the timeless gel on your boat!!!

The big cat was a good time. :thumbup: The water headed out to Pittsburg can get a bit snotty at times. But the boat handled it great so I am happy with that. Just needed a few more MPH than the 496 can muster though. :p

I don't feel bad getting passed by a dozen or so super cats. :thumbup:

To give you an idea of how rough it can get out there near Antioch, they installed several of those rather large windmills to the north of the channel because of all the wind. :eek White caps anyone. :p

I was down on the 210 on Saturday. The boat will be at EB for a week or so. So if you are in the neighborhood you can see it.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Not yet. Still waiting. One of these days I suppose. :rolleyes

I will post when its done.

I have given up on this year.;) We moved on to riding season already. :cool

I thought about selling it but since I live in California I would have to pay sales tax again on the entire sale price after if I traded it in unlike other states where you pay sales tax on net of the trade-in. It makes sense therefore to keep it.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Eliminator was done with their responsibility in July of 2017 when they delivered a rigged boat. That’s all I wanna say.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Beautiful boat and I see the saga continues. Is the motor going in a B&D Marine engine or different now?

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Yup B&D engine still

Hope to get more news this week

Icky

Reaction score
What did you do with the 496?

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I originally borrowed it. So I gave it back

Lavey 29

Reaction score
nice boat and interior. Wanted to ask who is rigging the engine side of all of that ? This is a R & D engine build ?

Hard to tell in pic of engine compartment for a water hose - inlet water supply - is there a water pick up mounted on the port side transom externally ? Or are you supplying water thru the drive ?

What fuel set up - fuel pump(s) - regulator, lines, fittings and probably return line back to the fuel tank ?

One last question and just asking - engine to stingers mount, why not a offshore motor mount and related hardware ? Is it because your mostly running in calmer waters / River(s) ? Just asking thank you for your time. Good luck with your new ride.

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Most of the engine bay was rigged by B&D. Some stuff was done earlier by EB.

I haven't seen the final product up close yet. So I can try to answer some of these questions:

We are using the outdrive water pickup.

Holley pump, filter, regulator. I think the return line goes to the filter housing but maybe the switch. Not sure. Don't have a good picture yet.

I think that is a solid foot mount. It should be good as I have seen many boats use that with more power than mine. IF the offshore mount you are referring to is the large front piece that connects each side that might be a bit overkill.

I will know more when I see it closer

Last edited:

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
It might run today or tomorrow. I will post pictures if I get them.

Lake test will be at smellsomemore at a later date. I don't live in LA. But I will try to post up the day that happens.

Congrats on the progress.... You have more patience than I do...