WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Instrument Question

shunter2005

Reaction score
When I upgraded the speedometer in my Hallett 270 recently, I noticed a couple of round things attached by tie wraps near the speedometer and the tach. Didn't really pay attention to them at the time, but looking at pics I took, I am curious what they are and what function they serve. I feel certain that I will feel like a complete DA when I find out, but I will suffer through any embarrassment. I will attach a pic of the things I am talking about, one is located in the top left corner of the attached pic and the other is located on the right side of the tach just below the mounting stud. Can someone tell me what they are? HALLETT TACH REAR.jpg Also, this pic. One on upper right side above the mounting stud. Same as first pic in upper left corner. HALLETT SPEEDO REAR.jpg ?

shunter2005

Reaction score
Warning buzzers.
Thanks. Makes sense, just didn't know.

Is the location just a convenient place to hang them or are they right there for a reason? Would the one by the tach be for the rev limiter and other one for the ignition on?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
The first pic is the one from your motor. Oil pressure, temp, and drive reservoir. It's just wired into a positive that is key on, and the ground is what activates it from the motor . The tach was just a convenient place to wire it. It has zero to do with the tach.

shunter2005

Reaction score
The first pic is the one from your motor. Oil pressure, temp, and drive reservoir. It's just wired into a positive that is key on, and the ground is what activates it from the motor . The tach was just a convenient place to wire it. It has zero to do with the tach.

Thanks for the info. I had always wondered where that buzzer was located. Had one go off in my old boat one time, but never found out where it was. Just knew that it worked. Thanks again.