WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Changing exhaust on a 210

Cnuss329

Reaction score
On my 210 the exhaust is running through the outdrive... and I need some more sound and want to switch it to a through transom exhaust. I've heard its a somewhat simple procedure, meaning not too costly. Could anyone give me some tips or advice on what i should do or look out for? Or simplify the job and explain to me what needs to be done?
Thanks!

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
When converted my first boat I went with switchable so I didn't have to pull the motor, to get y pipe out

Cnuss329

Reaction score
When converted my first boat I went with switchable so I didn't have to pull the motor, to get y pipe out

What do you mean by switchable??? I would prefer not to pull the motor again as I just had it out before last season! lol

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
What do you mean by switchable??? I would prefer not to pull the motor again as I just had it out before last season! lol

Google "silent choice exhaust "

It gives you the option to run both thru the drive or hull using a switch.

I know there is a funky manifold that ports everything through the drive. I don't imagine it would be easy or cheap to eliminate that and add exhaust out the back of the boat.

Hopefully someone with experience can give you a good idea.

What engine/drive in the boat?

Cnuss329

Reaction score
Google "quiet choice"

It gives you the option to run both thru the drive or hull using a switch.

I know there is a funky manifold that ports everything through the drive. I don't imagine it would be easy or cheap to eliminate that and add exhaust out the back of the boat.

Hopefully someone with experience can give you a good idea.

What engine/drive in the boat?

Thanks for the input.... might need some more info about the quiet choice thing.... don't see anything on google. It has the 454 with bravo one

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Silent choice or something that it

farmo83

Reaction score
We put Dana's on my Dads 210 a couple of years ago, granted he already had thru hull, it wasn't a terrible to do from what I remember. I think it took us about 2 weekends. The instructions were very in depth and we pretty much followed them taking our time. The strange thing is we had to cut about 2 inches off of driver's side pipe to get it to fit. The other side fit perfectly. We never could figure out why that was. As far as cost goes google what the Dana setup is but it's not cheap. The boat runs and sounds much better since the upgrade. Jim at Hallett offered some advice for the project as well.

Cnuss329

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the advice! I'll look into those Danas and see what they are about.