WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Upgraded Stereo and Lighting

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Prior to this, the boat didn't really have a stereo that worked so I went all last season listening to other people's music on the water.

I brought it back a few weeks ago to finally install a system. Last season, I tied up to a guy who had a new 34 Advantage Party Cat. For the life of me I can't remember his name but he did say that he does audio and visual for a living. Anyways, his system was all Alpine including the older (and bigger) Alpine deck that I don't believe they make anymore. He had roughly 12 seven inch speakers but it literally blew everything else away both in clarity and loudness.

I didn't want to go crazy overboard and spend $5k - $10k on a system. I looked over time to find the speakers and bought a set here and bought a set there. Amazon would sometimes slash the prices so I ended up getting 3 sets of the Alpine SPR-M700's for less than $300.

IMG_6337.JPG

I planned on sourcing the amps and subs myself but after talking to the stereo shop, I decided I would let him source everything and get his warranty. It cost a little bit extra to do this (as I like to do all of this stuff myself) but overall am happy I went this route.

I ended up going with a Fosgate R1200-1D for the subs and a R600-4D for the speakers. The subs are Fosgate P2D4-10". For the head unit, I went with the Fosgate PMX-2 and the PMX-0R remote.

IMG_6338.JPG
IMG_6339.JPG
IMG_6044.jpg

The prior subs were just installed into the board and used the front of the sponsons as the box. Terrible idea as it wasn't sealed and was too much of an airspace, etc. As I like to use the front for storage, I elected to have new boxes created which slightly stick out but allow me to have all the storage and still have a great sound. They also matched the carpet to what was already there.

All stereo lines are soldered to the terminals on the speakers. They are then shrink wrapped and then wrapped again in another sleeve and secured with all stainless hardware. Same goes for the LED lighting. Everything was run correctly and done correct and came out better than I expected. They also went through and cleaned up some wiring and removed a lot of wires that were once used and never removed.

The pictures of the lighting is tough to get with an iPhone. It is a real bright purple which matches the purple on the gel and other accents of the boat. They aren't too bright or distracting at night and in my opinion, are just right (but to each their own).

IMG_6042.jpg
IMG_6104.jpg
IMG_6103.jpg
IMG_6102.jpg
IMG_6106.jpg
IMG_6308.jpg
IMG_6205.jpg

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
This video was taken at least 1/4 mile out if not more. It actually louder than what the phone could pick up but it is extremely clear from even that distance. Overall, am really happy with how it came out.

[video=vimeo;209505283]https://vimeo.com/209505283[/video]

hold_j

Reaction score
Then why don't you give the shop some credit dick [emoji849][emoji13] hahah

hold_j

Reaction score
But it sounds real good [emoji106] came out bitchin

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Then why don't you give the shop some credit dick [emoji849][emoji13] hahah

Lol was getting there. Just got the card from the car to write the info down.

All work was done by:

The Art of Sound
135 N. Benson Ave #G
Upland, CA 91786
909-920-5456 - Carlos is the man to speak with

hold_j

Reaction score
Lol .... I was surprised how loud it was from where we were to be honest haha.