WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dave Chapelle Netflix Special

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It's hilarious. If you're a Dave Chapelle fan, you gotta watch it.

I thought it started great, but he sort of lost me when he started his social dissertation about halfway through.

I haven't finished it yet though, so maybe he will win me back! (I'm at the "3rd time I met OJ" :thumbsup)

Don't get me wrong, I was in stitches at first and I am a huge fan, I have all his shows on DVD and know his best skits by heart.

It says "S1,E1"...are there more to follow?:thumbsup

Sbarry

Reaction score
Just finished E1. Started great... Middle was ehh... but holy crap that Kevin Hart bit was hilarious!!!

Just started E2

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
He usually manages to piss if just about all groups...I'm a fan, I'll check it out. [emoji106]

Reactions: TBI

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Cool! Thankfully my tv is still logged into some chick's account from a Netflix and Chill sesh.

JayBreww

Reaction score
IMG_9712.jpg
Watching it now [emoji1303]

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Dave Chappelle's and obviously not offended at his humor. I bought the CD's of every show and have watched all of them. I also watched when they were on comedy central.

This thread led me to Netflix this morning and I watched both of his latest live performances. I have to say he has toned it down a little, especially when he was in Texas. I found his show almost as funny as before, he has aged as a family man and incorporated that in to his act. His take on younger people was fucking awesome and so true. By younger, I mean before the internet and people that have their PDA devise glued to their face. The guy has a great mind and has a way of telling stories that apply to most average people even though he likes to try and make it race based. I don't think he understands that when people grow up poor, it doesn't matter what race they are, they feel the same way.

I give the show not in Taxes an A and the one in Texas a B, just seemed that he didn't feel comfortable with his normal routine but after some awkward time passing by was able to make people laugh without relying on poor black us humor.

Worth watching. Thanks for posting.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Lol.
His snowball story had me in freaking stitches!
In fact I like the Texas show better so far.:thumbsup:thumbsup