WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LAKE POWELL LOCALS......

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I'm not a local but was there last July. I believe the cut was open all summer. The lake starts to rise daily starting mid April and inflow is going to be a little better than average this water year so the cut should be nice and deep.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Never been to Powell, but isn't that the channel they physically deepened?

Reaction score
thikneck, thanks for the link, hope the water don't drop in may.

Castle Rock Cut-Off
14.73 Above
Open and Usable

JD D05

Reaction score
thikneck, thanks for the link, hope the water don't drop in may.

Castle Rock Cut-Off
14.73 Above
Open and Usable

I would highly doubt it isn't doing anything but raising fast in May. We have got a lot of snow this year.

Reaction score
I would highly doubt it isn't doing anything but raising fast in May. We have got a lot of snow this year.

Good, I will be in the four corners area mid may. I have never been to Powell. thinking the 50 mile cruise up the lake to see rainbow bridge would make a nice side trip. checking the lake Powell resorts web site now.

JD D05

Reaction score
Good, I will be in the four corners area mid may. I have never been to Powell. thinking the 50 mile cruise up the lake to see rainbow bridge would make a nice side trip. checking the lake Powell resorts web site now.

There is Bullfrog and Wahweep / Antelope point. They are at separate ends of the lake. Most people prefer Wahweep but I like the bullfrog North end more. The landscape is different up North. Are you going to have a boat? Rainbow Bridge is in the center of the lake.

Reaction score
There is Bullfrog and Wahweep / Antelope point. They are at separate ends of the lake. Most people prefer Wahweep but I like the bullfrog North end more. The landscape is different up North. Are you going to have a boat? Rainbow Bridge is in the center of the lake.

my plan is to ride the tour boat out of wahweep marina. if the cuts not open its a Long boat ride, but I guess the scenery makes the time fly.

JD D05

Reaction score
my plan is to ride the tour boat out of wahweep marina. if the cuts not open its a Long boat ride, but I guess the scenery makes the time fly.

Oh cool. Yes you will love it. Funny story...I made a run from bullfrog to antelope for lunch one time it is 100 miles average speed of 60. On the way back we broke the drive and had to get towed in for 60 miles. During that tow I really enjoyed seeing the lake I kept saying I have never seen that even though I had been past it many many times.

Ol Man

Reaction score
Another thing you may want to do is to go to Antelope Marina after your cruise. The restaurant on the dock is nice and it is fun watching all the activities......especially foreigners in rental boats :eek

If you are going to be there another day, the hike into Antelope Canyon is pretty nice. There are two places to go, one on each side of the main highway. The tours are run by the indians and the ones we have been on the folk do a nice job of explaining things, where to take the best shots and recommendations on settings for your camera/phone.

Reaction score
Another thing you may want to do is to go to Antelope Marina after your cruise. The restaurant on the dock is nice and it is fun watching all the activities......especially foreigners in rental boats :eek

If you are going to be there another day, the hike into Antelope Canyon is pretty nice. There are two places to go, one on each side of the main highway. The tours are run by the indians and the ones we have been on the folk do a nice job of explaining things, where to take the best shots and recommendations on settings for your camera/phone.

have one day to do boat tour, dam visitor center & maybe dam tour, and big bend of the Colorado river overlook. coming in from Mexican hat, Utah. its a bit of a banzai run. :)

Reaction score
Powell is closed. No water it all dried up. They removed the dam to appease the tree huggers. :p

I know your joking. Powell is the rallying cry for environmental terrorist. also the hetch hetchy. is it even possible to remove a dam that big ? think I read somewhere that dams like hoover & powell will still be standing a thousand years from now.

Reaction score
We Always like to first timers to Rainbow Bridge. Have fun.

Attachments

• ocf2013 169.jpg
    ocf2013 169.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 39
  • kaelapowell2012 084.jpg
    kaelapowell2012 084.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 32