WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuel how long?

Frankenmax

Reaction score
How long do you leave fuel in your boat? I personally get it out ASAP, even if there is stabilizer added. I also use a cheep little contraption to get the job done. I got a universal fuel pump off amazon 16 bucks I believe. I can do a tank to tank transfer or to a can no problem. This is my morning project and I'm curious as to what you do?
IMG_0198.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I fill the boat with premium fuel then and add Stabil Marine.
Then I run it and switch over to the other tank and then shut it down.

I used my boat last August and it will fire right up in May.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Nothing until season starts add some premium to what ever is left and run it

BUSTI

Reaction score
I'll fill it up with ethanol free 93 and run it.

kiethco

Reaction score
Fuel lstabilizer is your friend. When I bought my blue boat 5 years ago the fuel was 3 years old, the old guy just kept adding a few ounces of stabilizer a couple times a year. I was surprised too, lol. It fired right up in the driveway when I bought it.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
Ethanol free fuel in Nevada is like finding a unicorn. My fuel system is only a year old. Last fall I had to replace the fuel supply line. Primer bulb was toast, got the new motor last march and fuel line toast by November. I run fuel stabilizer and Lucas injector cleaner every tank.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Ethanol free fuel in Nevada is like finding a unicorn. My fuel system is only a year old. Last fall I had to replace the fuel supply line. Primer bulb was toast, got the new motor last march and fuel line toast by November. I run fuel stabilizer and Lucas injector cleaner every tank.

I started using Lucas also.
I like to keep my tanks full to reduce the condensation.

farmo83

Reaction score
The first tank of the season I'll fill her up with 93 and add some marvel mystery oil to it. She'll stay below 3,500 until I've refueled and have burned out most of the old gas. If it sits longer then a winter I have an old holley blue pump off a blown engine I'll rig up exactly as you have.

TexasJet

Reaction score
I put STABIL 360 in every tank full. Over the winter the gas sits for 5 months. Never had a problem starting in the spring. I also make sure the tank is full at the end of the season so no moisture can get in there. Works for me.

hallett21

Reaction score
AV Gas with 91 50:50 ratio. Boat gets new gas every 1-2 months

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I pull into that Mobil station in Havasu that has 110 octane with lead racing fuel , put in about 35 gallons of that , it hurts , but the lead helps the valves .

hallett21

Reaction score
I pull into that Mobil station in Havasu that has 110 octane with lead racing fuel , put in about 35 gallons of that , it hurts , but the lead helps the valves .

What's that run a gallon?

copterzach

Reaction score
Run Avgas and a little Marvel Mystery Oil. I run it in my 4 wheeler, Ranger, lawn mower and anything else that runs on gas.