WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

School me on Merc 350 Mag MPI with Bravo 1 Yearly Maintenace

SIK-06

Reaction score
Bought my boat last season and Yearly Maintenance was done. Ive always done my own. Oil/Filter, Fuel/water seperator, and impeller on Volvo Pentas. This is my first Merc. What I got so far

Oil (quicksilver 25w 40)
Oil Filter (quicksilver 35-866340Q03)
Fuel Filter (Didnt see one)
Impeller (looks like a PIA to replace)

What else is there???

Attachments

• 350 Mag MPI.jpg
    350 Mag MPI.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 85

NicPaus

Reaction score
Should have a fuel water seperator check by transom. Drive fluid.

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
Depending on the year, it will have a screw on water separating fuel filter, or a fuel module with a cartridge inside. In either case, it will be starboard side front of the engine, near the seal water pump.
Post the engine serial number and I will tell you which one you have and which impeller to use.

SIK-06

Reaction score
Depending on the year, it will have a screw on water separating fuel filter, or a fuel module with a cartridge inside. In either case, it will be starboard side front of the engine, near the seal water pump.
Post the engine serial number and I will tell you which one you have and which impeller to use.

Here you. Thanks for the information! Looks like impeller is gonna be a pITA

Attachments

• 20170329_162529.jpg
    20170329_162529.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 106

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
OK. according to your serial number, it uses the spin on filter which should be lower right (starboard) front of the engine. It might have a plastic case that snaps off hiding it. Yes, the sea water pump is a major pain if the rear seat is not removable. It is the late model Gen VII pump and the impeller kit is PN 8M0104229. If the rear end plate has a groove worn in it and that groove cuts into the water ports, you will have to have it flycut or replaced. It won't pull water with the new impeller.

SIK-06

Reaction score
OK. according to your serial number, it uses the spin on filter which should be lower right (starboard) front of the engine. It might have a plastic case that snaps off hiding it. Yes, the sea water pump is a major pain if the rear seat is not removable. It is the late model Gen VII pump and the impeller kit is PN 8M0104229. If the rear end plate has a groove worn in it and that groove cuts into the water ports, you will have to have it flycut or replaced. It won't pull water with the new impeller.

Thanks a lot! Happen to have filter number?