WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

STOCK 460 BERK. JE

Spectra18

Reaction score
GPS'd this weekend for topspeed got 55-60mph (body was in the boat passenger) Pretty typical speeds? What are some fixes to get more?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
GPS'd this weekend for topspeed got 55-60mph (body was in the boat passenger) Pretty typical speeds? What are some fixes to get more?

I'm less than a jet expert. Meaning I know less than zero about it.. But if you got 60 out of it, that sounds about right to me? Spectra 18 I'm presuming? Does it have any pump work done? A droop? Place diverter? etc?

RD

Spectra18

Reaction score
I'm less than a jet expert. Meaning I know less than zero about it.. But if you got 60 out of it, that sounds about right to me? Spectra 18 I'm presuming? Does it have any pump work done? A droop? Place diverter? etc?

RD

Stock pump id say.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Stock pump id say.

We are getting ready to move into the Lake Havasu Boat show today, so I'm not going to be online much more today. If you don't mind I'll move this thread and the other over to the jet section, and I'll make a call to get some information for you from the experts that would know.

Might take an hour or two, but any questions you have will get answered correctly.

RD

FreeBird236

Reaction score

That's faster than most stock 460's I've been in.

If the pump is stock and you blueprint it, you will need some engine work to get your RPM's back up, but that's what it's all about.:D

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
About right. My experience with those is it seems to like 800 holleys. Stock manifold or cj aluminum version. Very least a non smog timing chain and 2 more degrees advanced. Hea d s make a big difference and at least grind the smog bump out of the exhaust port. Thats a torque exhaust side type motor. Of course talking without going all 540 n' shit. Got to remember you're pushin a wall and most of what is done will make it quicker not faster. Have to fix the wall for that. Thats my info from back in the day.

farmo83

Reaction score
I ran that setup in my CVX 20 for years. Thats right on the money.