WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need Phoenix/Havasu engine mechanic referral...

Durangobill

Reaction score
Need some help...I helped (I'm the bad labor) drop a new big block in2015 and the pan touched the skeg just enough to vibrate some holes in. We lifted the engine and welded the pan (and spaced it up a bit) but she still leaks oil. My mechanics shop just burnt down (go figure...such a bummer because we were going to pull it today) and I need to get this fixed before Powell in a month. Any ideas? I live in Durango, CO but I'll drive it to a good shop.

Thanks! Bill 970-749-0337

Attachments

• 7-4-15 engine pull.jpg
    7-4-15 engine pull.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 148

sangerflattbottom

Reaction score
JD Machine does awesome work but I don't believe they remove or have the capacity to remove engines.

Dave @ Connolly Marine is the place to go if the motor is ready to come out. He charged an hourly rate for the use of the shop and helped pull and install the motors on my Campbells. Good luck!

Attachments

• Campbell Motor.jpg
    Campbell Motor.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 145

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Need some help...I helped (I'm the bad labor) drop a new big block in2015 and the pan touched the skeg just enough to vibrate some holes in. We lifted the engine and welded the pan (and spaced it up a bit) but she still leaks oil. My mechanics shop just burnt down (go figure...such a bummer because we were going to pull it today) and I need to get this fixed before Powell in a month. Any ideas? I live in Durango, CO but I'll drive it to a good shop.

Thanks! Bill 970-749-0337

Way late to the party here, but it takes special techniques to weld a pan so it won't crack and leak. Is that even a marine pan you have on there?