Reaction score
Here fishy fishy

Attachments

• 20170411_103525.jpg
    20170411_103525.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 159

Backlash

Reaction score
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who suffers from that illness!

:D

I have been lightening the load on the freshwater side and am picking up more saltwater equipment. I just ordered a new Phenix blank and hope to have it finished up before our trip to the Bahamas in August. ;)

Rickybobby

Reaction score
A buddy of mine is getting ready to unload his salt water fly gear if anyone here is interested?? I will see him this weekend and get more details. I dont know much about his stuff but it is all top shelf!!!

Backlash

Reaction score
Top shelf means top dollar. :D

I prefer to shop around and buy top shelf things from unsuspecting folks who don't quite realize what they are selling. Is that like taking candy from a baby?? :D

SKIA36

Reaction score
A buddy of mine is getting ready to unload his salt water fly gear if anyone here is interested?? I will see him this weekend and get more details. I dont know much about his stuff but it is all top shelf!!!

pics and list... I have a bucket list item of Fly Fishing the Carribean, Bonefish, Tarpon... I only buy high end top shelf.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Are you an Avet dealer or a Professional fishing guide?:):thumbup:

Where is the spinning and Fly fishing rigs?
I don't fly fish.....too much shit already and been throwing baitcasters since I was 5 so, no spinning for me...not even for drop shotting.

Backlash

Reaction score
My Billy Pate spool should be finished this week and I'll post up some pics then. It will essentially be a one of a kind Billy Pate because of the color change. It's paired up with an Abel rod.

The rest of my gear is essentially Accurate conventional reels with Calstar and Seeker rods and then a few Shimano Baitrunners paired up with Calstar blanks. I did just order a new Phenix 3 piece blank for our Bahamas trip in August. :D That rod will also get a Shimano Baitrunner.

With what I have thus far, I think I'm good for anything that swims under 100 pounds.

:D

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I don't fly fish.....too much shit already and been throwing baitcasters since I was 5 so, no spinning for me...not even for drop shotting.

Texas saltwater anglers shun spinning reels. Call 'em coffee grinders.

The couple I've owned always twist the line and make for far more issues than baitcasting reels.

A talented thumb is all that's needed to make baitcasters the prime "tool".....;)

Call me aloof, but I find great amusement watching inexperienced folks using spinning reels where they hold the reel on top. Most also use some crazy casting motion where they "fling" the bait and extend the arm way out holding the rod end rather than the reel seat as designed.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Texas saltwater anglers shun spinning reels. Call 'em coffee grinders.

The couple I've owned always twist the line and make for far more issues than baitcasting reels.

A talented thumb is all that's needed to make baitcasters the prime "tool".....;)

Call me aloof, but I find great amusement watching inexperienced folks using spinning reels where they hold the reel on top. Most also use some crazy casting motion where they "fling" the bait and extend the arm way out holding the rod end rather than the reel seat as designed.

lmao...or when a fresh spool of line is loaded backwards for the double twist!