WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Merc 200 XRi

Ultra912

Reaction score
Dropped this baby on my 19' Charger this winter as well as hydraulic steering. Need to figure out why my new water pressure gauge isn't working correctly. I'll be prop testing now with 5 props I got this winter. A 22 chopper and four Tempest (23, 25, 26 and a 27). Couldn't find a 24 for a fair price. Watch that turn out to be what I need. Looking for 6K at WOT. Should get me about 75mph

[video=youtube;JBfIBBlVCD0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBfIBBlVCD0[/video]

HST4ME

Reaction score
How much of the skeg is missing? cuz it sure is a bitch when that skeg guard breaks the rest of it off at 75.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Sounds good. Clean lookin boat. I'd love to have a 2.5 efi on my centurion.

Ultra912

Reaction score
How much of the skeg is missing? cuz it sure is a bitch when that skeg guard breaks the rest of it off at 75.

Haven't removed it yet. I tore the whole scag off my other boat and had to have it rebuilt. What is acceptable? I'll post a picture when I get out to Havasu soon.

Bunger

Reaction score
Dropped this baby on my 19' Charger this winter as well as hydraulic steering. Need to figure out why my new water pressure gauge isn't working correctly. I'll be prop testing now with 5 props I got this winter. A 22 chopper and four Tempest (23, 25, 26 and a 27). Couldn't find a 24 for a fair price. Watch that turn out to be what I need. Looking for 6K at WOT. Should get me about 75mph

[video=youtube;JBfIBBlVCD0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBfIBBlVCD0[/video]

Have u done a water pump yet? Water pressure seems a bit low. My xri is 8-10 psi at idle with w fresh water pump. Are you keeping the oil injection? Still trying to decide on mine

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
Have you tested the water pressure gauge and make sure it works? Also if there's any kink in the tube and feeding the gauge that's going to block the pressure. Maybe try the gauge back by the engine close was a short piece of tubing.

Also at idol there isn't much water pressure until you start turning RPM.

I've seen as little as 2-5psi Idling

And I also agree probably a good idea to throw in a new impeller.

There isn't much else there

Ultra912

Reaction score
Found a 24. Now I just need to get the boat back from Ultra. New floor, stringers and transom. Shes gonna be better and stronger than new. HP boost exposed a rotted transom. :-(

Ultra912

Reaction score
Have you tested the water pressure gauge and make sure it works? Also if there's any kink in the tube and feeding the gauge that's going to block the pressure. Maybe try the gauge back by the engine close was a short piece of tubing.

Also at idol there isn't much water pressure until you start turning RPM.

I've seen as little as 2-5psi Idling

And I also agree probably a good idea to throw in a new impeller.

There isn't much else there

Louie at Al's Outboard in LHC installed the water pressure gauge and it's not working properly
Had the transom bracket powder coated when the transom was rebuilt. The red anodize was bleached out

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg