WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Prop guru thoughts.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
Last time out I was turning.
6300RPM @ 66mph gps on a trophy plus 23 pitch. I need more pitch I know, but how much? I've been messing with propping too long. This is what merc is telling me, what do you think? I'm leaning towards a trophy plus 26. I like the handling of that style of prop.

IMG_0278.jpg
IMG_0277.jpg

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Call a prop guy that has the experience. I use Kevin @ R&R Prop Shop / Mazco Propellers in Henderson. Dude knows his stuff. 702-564-7502.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
I know of him, I'm around the corner from the shop now picking up my car. I'll swing in and see what he says.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I know of him, I'm around the corner from the shop now picking up my car. I'll swing in and see what he says.

Kevin is a good guy. He even goes out with people, in their boat, to assess what it needs. Not many other places would do that. Plus he carries used stuff and will take your stuff on trade usually.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
I talked to him for about 35-40 at the shop. I think we got a game plan and it sound like he will take the props I can't use.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Mazco props? I've never heard of them and I've spent a ton of time in the ozarks.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Mazco's are all I run on my STV. They are VERY well known with the smaller (under 23'), outboard crowd. Very fast props. Kevin/R&R bought Mazco last year and moved the whole operation from Missouri to Henderson, NV.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
I didn't realize R&R had full interest in Mazco not that it matters to me. I thought they were just a dealer. My uncle lives in MT. Home AR, he knew a little about Mazco. He doesn't have any first hand experience. Thanks for the info Keith. I'm heading over to the shop in a few to pick a prop up.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
IMG_0284.jpg

Good looking prop. Mind you I don't know crap about them. Appearance wise the blades are thinner and the edges are cupped. I'll give it hell.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
If Kevin suggested it, it will likely work well. If it doesn't, he stands behind his suggestions and will take it back if you're not happy, or will work it until you are. Dude is straight up as they come.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
He's the expert, not me. I'm confident in his abilities. He's an old school hand shake guy.